Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Dai!

Comment

If I know Jerry, I am sure he'll land on his feet. Dai is a very cool guy and loyal. Jerry and Dai have a great partnership. I am sure it'll all work out.

Comment

Jerry will still be a part of Dai's career. The Pac Rim drift team will just be taking a break this season.

Don't worry though, they're already working on '09

Comment

Good news for Dai! Congrats!! Good luck in 08!
          Hubert Young
          KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
            It doesn't matter if I know you or not.

I know the story too, heard it from Dai himself. That's not the point.

To say its Retarded for Dai to drive an American car and that he shouldn't be put in one...is in fact .."retarded" itself.

If everyone thought like that then Gushi would have never had support from Ford Racing.

Given the circumstances of the situation Dai driving in a car that's won a championship is probably one of the best outcomes that he could have hoped for. No one want's to see Dai leave Pac Rim but would you rather have Dai in an American car or not in Formula D at all?

I think by now that people would begin to realize that the JDM elitist BS doesn't belong in drifting anymore.

im not trying to be jdm elitist. i apologize if thats the way it came across. me personally, its just a weird thought, watching daijiro go from placing top 3 in a car that he didn't have much practice in, and going to a HUGE tank of a car like the GTO just dosent make sense to me.

but irregardless, i am extremely happy that daijiro found a good team for this new year, and i hope it provides him with the support that he needs in order to take first place

Comment

just off daijiros's blog:

"Unfortunately, my drift team situation for this year is not settled yet.
              That's why I came back here early to set it up."

i dunnoe if he's still in the works of maybe something else or if he's referring to the practice time/car set up he needs to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
                just off daijiros's blog:

"Unfortunately, my drift team situation for this year is not settled yet.
                That's why I came back here early to set it up."

i dunnoe if he's still in the works of maybe something else or if he's referring to the practice time/car set up he needs to do.
                Pretty sure that post was done before the deal was finalized with RMR. He was probably refering to the Pac Rim team

Comment

Working...
                X