FALKEN crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ok.

must be *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, right?

brown nose? me.

yeah you got it bro.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
      I think C wans new z will be pretty darn rad if they get it set up right, but if they dont i just see it as a repeat of fors in 06. Same thing goes for D mac, come on guys this is not drag racing. Your taking a driver that usually drives a certain kind of car, and putting him in a car that has a totally diferent set up and expecting him to do good. I just dont by it, I dont see these kappa platforms performing well with V8s. I think Rhys is the only one who has got the science down, I think his car is the perfect D car in the series right now.

F%$k the horsepower figures, get the car balanced. Test the hell out of it, get the car on the track.

Oh yea....WHERE IS HARUGUCHI!!!!!!

is he another another 07 sponsor casualty?
      Drag racing? Looks like you were wrong Blaze. Rhys' car didn't make a single pass due to mechanical failure before the race....wierd?! Some science he is on to? And Tuerck and DMac pretty much killed it for their first events in the new Kappa's. Tuerck with basically a stock set up and one with the V8 that in your opinion should be ill performing. #2 qualifier is not to bad for only 12 practice runs before qualifying.

Way to go Tuerck and DMac!

Comment

What I thought was interesting is that both Dmac and Tuerck did really well with different setups.

Tuerck = all adjustable suspension arms, cranked up boost on a pretty much stock block stock turbo.

Dmac = gobs of horsepower, stock suspension arms and steering, lots of weight reduction. Both made top 16 their first time out.

Rhys took over a year to test and get his car dialed in, and still didn't have the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane View Post
          Drag racing? Looks like you were wrong Blaze. Rhys' car didn't make a single pass due to mechanical failure before the race....wierd?! Some science he is on to? And Tuerck and DMac pretty much killed it for their first events in the new Kappa's. Tuerck with basically a stock set up and one with the V8 that in your opinion should be ill performing. #2 qualifier is not to bad for only 12 practice runs before qualifying.

Way to go Tuerck and DMac!
          I'm glad that you took out time to quote me right after the kappa smoked cleared long beach

I was very impressed with both Ryan and D-mac

But in reality, it took a whole year for falken to get there car worked out. They debuted it at ATL last year with bad results, and wrecked it at summit. New driver and almost a year later it seems like they have it pretty setup, 12 practice runs plus a test day plus 10 months of rebuilding... dont try to simplify the trial and error falken has gone through with this car

Ryan's car on the other hand, built over the off season basically half *Censored**Censored**Censored* race car that can probably still be ran on the streets and made it out of long beach with out a scratch and a top 16 seeded going into ATL....
          Last edited by Bebop; 04-15-2008, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post

Rhys took over a year to test and get his car dialed in, and still didn't have the same results.
            Like I just said, Falken built and wrecked a kappa before they got this one right.

Whats up with Hiros LS?
            Why was Ross Running like crap?
            Seigo looked the same as he did last year.
            Where was calvins new z?
            Last edited by Bebop; 04-15-2008, 12:26 AM.

Comment

But in reality, it took a whole year for falken to get there car worked out. They debuted it at ATL last year with bad results, and wrecked it at summit. New driver and almost a year later it seems like they have it pretty setup, 12 practice runs plus a test day plus 10 months of rebuilding... dont try to simplify the trial and error falken has gone through with this car
              If you new half as much as you thought you did you might actually sound intelligent. Contrary to your belief the new Sears Auto Center/ Falken Sky was built in 12 weeks and tested for 20 mins. prior to LB. The car last year was obviously not built to the same standard as this years car. There is also a large difference in driver talent level. Stay tuned.....so you can eat your foot again.

Whats up with Hiros LS?
              Why was Ross Running like crap?
              Seigo looked the same as he did last year.
              Where was calvins new z?
              Whats up with Hiros LS? - Clutch failure at the starting line.
              Why was Ross Running like crap? - Good question. Were you out there running?
              Seigo looked the same as he did last year. - Seigo looked a million times better than he did last year. Not sure what you were watching?
              Where was calvins new z? - If you only knew.

Comment

If you new half as much as you thought you did you might actually sound intelligent. Contrary to your belief the new Sears Auto Center/ Falken Sky was built in 12 weeks and tested for 20 mins. prior to LB. The car last year was obviously not built to the same standard as this years car. There is also a large difference in driver talent level. Stay tuned.....so you can eat your foot again.

Whats up with Hiros LS? - Clutch failure at the starting line.
                Why was Ross Running like crap? - Good question. Were you out there running?
                Seigo looked the same as he did last year. - Seigo looked a million times better than he did last year. Not sure what you were watching?
                Where was calvins new z? - If you only knew.
                I dont think your really seeing the point in all this.

This isnt about the drivers, this is about the build of the car. 3 months is 3 months, give 3 months and a endless budget to a grassroots guy. Gurantee that car will be on the track 100% set 3 months later. And they still had a whole year to think about what they did wrong with the previous sky.

Like someone else said, it just seems like by the time top 16 comes around or before that most of there lineup seems to be back in the pits due to failure or crashing out. I think I would have done a lot worst then Ross did is his S13, seeing that ross is a badass driver and qualified top 16 in long beach last year.

Hiros car failed just like I predicted, again not saying he is a whack driver. They can never get that car properly dialed in and reliable. Calvins Z was being showed off at sema 6 or 7 months ago. Why cant they get that project on the track yet? And seigo might have looked good too you, but it seemed like the exact same style and setup for last year. The judges obviously weren't feeling it either. And Seigo is pretty good driver!!

The car last year was obviously not built to the same standard

Thats my whole point, it seems like a lot of their cars arent built to proper standard.
                Last edited by Bebop; 04-15-2008, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I can see your jaded opinion is not going to change. But I will leave you with these thoughts.

Hiros Lexus ran flawlessly for 6 rounds last year. So I don't see how you can say its not been "properly dialed in or reliable". Sure, he hasn't podiumed but if you remember correctly it took Fors two seasons to start seeing any results with his platform. Not to compare but I feel you are being a little harsh and somewhat irrational.

Sure, Calvins car was at SEMA in November. If you remember it was only a rolling chassis. Basically body panels, paint, suspension, and a roll cage. I am sure Falken has reasons why it is not prepared yet and like the Sky I am sure when it does turn up it will be reliable and set up properly.

Next time you are at an event put your all knowing attitude and biases in your back pocket and walk the pits. I am sure you will find that all of the Falken car builds are above average quality and have good set ups. If they only had a one or two car team they surely could be more successful but for whatever reason they choose to support drifting in a larger manner than any other tire manufacturer. I think your foolish for penalizing, criticizing, and talking $hit on them for that.

Comment

Hiros Lexus ran flawlessly for 6 rounds last year. So I don't see how you can say its not been "properly dialed in or reliable".
                    well see hiro did run flawlessly but so why change his setup? he ran a 2jz last year but now hes got some hasslegren v8. well i think he had the new engine. and see with a new engine im sure the setup has to be redone and such. why fix it if it aint broke? but now it broke. but if im wrong and he did keep the old setup that made him run great last year then forget the previous rebuttle.

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                    ... give 3 months and a endless budget to a grassroots guy. Gurantee that car will be on the track 100% set 3 months later.
                    yeah this is pretty true like in the case of john russakoff. he started his build 3 weeks before LB and he was gonna run a new setup. if it wasnt for his limited time due to other customers cars he wouldve finished. well actually i think he wouldve finished if he new he would get more than1 run to test the new setup.

but whats really crazy is he is a privateer and he tends to do this crazy stuff. like last year. he rebuilt his corolla with an s2000 engine swap in about a month, tested it at one just drift event, then made top 32 in long beach.

Comment

JOHN rules.

it is nothing but the 100% truth.

get out there soon buddy!

Comment

After talking with the head man at Falken during the event regarding Falken Japan, what I heard through the grapevine in Japan is much different than what I was told by Falken. Things are changing, that much is true, but they're definatly still around: www.falken.co.jp Even though we're with Toyo this year, I just wanted to say we totally appriciate everything Falken's done for us. We're all here doing what we love and the friendships we build aren't bounded by sponsors/business.

Comment

All Hail Tiny Darren Thomas of Falken

If only their 4 foot tall marketing guy, Darren Thomas wasn't such a girl they would be even more cool.

He's the short on the left barley making it over the guys sitting down..

Comment

Working...
                          X