(LIVE VIDEO) FORMULA D Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    They need to get rid of that 2 wheels off track rule and just treat it just like the wall rule. If you can touch the wall and keep holding your line and still get correct points you should be able to get two wheels off track for .02 seconds and keep your points if it didnt disturb your line.

deduct points depending on how bad it effected the drivers line, but a automatic 0.... no

Takatori's line was sick with it
    In D1 two wheels off is a course out zero, however, one wheel out isn't a deduction if it doesn't affect your line. My personal opinion is that is the optimal rule to go with but the judges did say 1 wheel would be a point deduction durung the driver's meeting.

In qualifying, Takatori laid down a 93 on his first run and then said since he was in the top 16 for sure, on his second run he might make a mistake but he was going balls out full counter status. He sure didn't dissappoint...but his right wheel grazed the outside of the course. (once again, I think that if you can pull that off without two wheels going off, it's the best possible way to run) I mean, that is literally tracing the outer edge of the course as far as possible just like you'd want to get as close to the wall as possible. Just my opinion though.

He was scored 94-90-94 on this run with points being deducted for one wheels being off course. (even though it was only partially off, they count that as being completely off) Definatly could have placed him higher in qualifying with the next highest driver only a small fraction of a point above him. Personally, I thought it was the best, if not one of the best runs of the day. The line was perfect and he went full counter.

Comment

Working...
    X