FORMULA D Rule Changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _PG_ View Post
    Is the front spindle on the SA R34 from an R34 SKYLINE (since that's what the car is)? I doubt it, because the R34's spindle wouldn't have provisions for strut suspension. This will again open up a can of worms cause the spindle is from another car.
    8.3.2 Uprights/hubs front cross member and rear sub-frame
    Major suspension components must remain OEM.

The SA car uses OEM components. They are not after market or fabricated parts. They are OEM Nissan parts.

Comment

Also, there is another pretty clear cut issue:

Is the front spindle on the SA R34 from an R34 SKYLINE (since that's what the car is)? I doubt it, because the R34's spindle wouldn't have provisions for strut suspension. This will again open up a can of worms cause the spindle is from another car.
      Yah...I can see how a different spindle can offer an over the top advantage over any other car's spindle. I mean...you know, if it lets the wheel spin differently on them and what not. Maybe the girth of the shaft is all that matters...at least, that's what I've been told.

Comment

• Originally posted by courantcom View Post
        Yah...I can see how a different spindle can offer an over the top advantage over any other car's spindle. I mean...you know, if it lets the wheel spin differently on them and what not. Maybe the girth of the shaft is all that matters...at least, that's what I've been told.
        You are retarded to think that's all a front spindle is capable of. Forget about the points and manner in which the front suspension bolts to it, since that obviously doesn't effect the car's handling at all.

Comment

• Come on everyone, Round 4 is coming up! What do we do to move on? I suggest:

1) FINE the SA Drift car $500 for their inability to follow pre-approval directions.
          2) Use that same $500 to pay a knowledgeable worker to create and make VTS sheets. How many hours would it take to do this? Well, they have until next Wednesday to finish. I think that's enough time. You know...make the sheet, send it out, make everyone finish it, send it in, process the information, and MAKE IT PUBLIC on the website.
          3) Change the rulebook to provide for VTS sheets.
          4) Make ALL CARS IN THE SERIES LEGAL AS THEY SIT right now.

I see no distinct advantage each entry has over one another. I've seen each car win and lose against other cars and drivers in the series. Not a single car/driver is clearly dominating the field. NOW....all cars in the series have to complete VTS sheets that completely disclose EVERYTHING that's been done to their cars, and I mean everything. I'm going to leave this statement as is so that we can discuss this. I'm sure others will have concerns with what I just suggested.

Comment

You are retarded to think that's all a front spindle is capable of. Forget about the points and manner in which the front suspension bolts to it, since that obviously doesn't effect the car's handling at all.
            I just wanted to talk about the girth...

Comment

• Originally posted by tyndago View Post
              8.3.2 Uprights/hubs front cross member and rear sub-frame
              Major suspension components must remain OEM.

The SA car uses OEM components. They are not after market or fabricated parts. They are OEM Nissan parts.

I missed this post. FD should write that more clearly as to what they intend.

I can then take OEM [insert other car] and put it on my car because its OEM from [insert car manufacturer].

Does it mean OEM and specific to that chassis? Or just OEM in general?

And I agree with people... that tC is a piece of work. but it ws "pre approved" so there's nothing you're gonna do about it for now.

Comment

• I think another rule that the R34 violates is:

8.1.1.4 Cars must maintain the original OEM unibody and/or frame structure between the original front and rear suspension mounting points.

It seems like the front unibody has been changed to a C34?

The GTO would be guilty of a shock violation but there isn't a rule that specifys what shocks you can or can't use. The Corvette would be guilty of a spring violation but there are no rules on what spring you can or can't use.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewguys View Post
                  The GTO would be guilty of a shock violation but there isn't a rule that specifys what shocks you can or can't use. The Corvette would be guilty of a spring violation but there are no rules on what spring you can or can't use.
                  Just my 2 cents.
                  No rules on what spring you can use ? Whats this ?

8.3.3 Modified or aftermarket suspension parts are only allowed if pre-approved by Formula Drift.

Suspension parts. Coil overs. Camber plates. Tension rods. Adjustable lower control arms. Stiffer bushings. Should I go on ?

Comment

I missed this post. FD should write that more clearly as to what they intend.

I can then take OEM [insert other car] and put it on my car because its OEM from [insert car manufacturer].

Does it mean OEM and specific to that chassis? Or just OEM in general?
                    Now translate these same sections to Japanese and back, and see if you see any mis-interpretation.

Do people truly believe that they put this suspension on the car to skirt the rules, or do people think that there is a chance that they read the rules and actually thought they were ok by using OEM Nissan parts ?

Consistency.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewguys View Post
                      I think another rule that the R34 violates is:

8.1.1.4 Cars must maintain the original OEM unibody and/or frame structure between the original front and rear suspension mounting points.

It seems like the front unibody has been changed to a C34?

Just my 2 cents.
                      The intent of the rules is that its OEM from the same car. They'll argue that its OEM from a different car that fits the R34 close to perfectly so they are in no violation of the rules. But just because it happens to fit correctly doesn't mean it should be allowed. I'll take some OEM parts from one car and "fit" them on another if that's the case.

Comment

I'll take some OEM parts from one car and "fit" them on another if that's the case.
                        Like S14 rear shocks on a GTO ?

Comment

• Originally posted by tyndago View Post
                          Like S14 rear shocks on a GTO ?
                          Who the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* cares? about what shock you use in the rear? It has nothing to do with changing the SUSPENSION TYPE/GEOMETRY.

You know... coilover companies only have a certain number of shock sizes and lengths. So they use the same rear shocks on a lot of stuff. WHO CARES. Shocks/springs are just that. If they are integrated into the suspension and thus change the manner or type of suspension, then there is a problem. IE what SA did to the front of their car.

Comment

• My suggestion will solve all....and then we won't have to care about what suspension anyone has...or anything for that matter. Everything will be just the way it was, and everyone can just concentrate on making sure that they put on a good show.

Comment

• Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                              Everything will be just the way it was, and everyone can just concentrate on making sure that they put on a good show.
                              And dammit! Thats what were prepping for now! A DAMN GOOD EVENT FOR THE HARD CORE FANS. I'm sure most of you are looking forward to it! I know I am!

Peace!

Comment

• tyndago

PG...you are getting owned left and right but tyndago...i think your time has passed and you should just ignore this thread...you are just looking more and more like a moron

Comment

Working...
                                X