FORMULA D Rule Changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carboy View Post
    PG...you are getting owned left and right but tyndago...i think your time has passed and you should just ignore this thread...you are just looking more and more like a moron
    PG knows his *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. dont knock him on that. however, i dont think PG has actually gone over the car like some people have.

i have no hate for PG, or anyone else in the series. i just want to know, if SA had contacted formula D during the building process, would formula D have gone and sent someone to japan to approve the build

Comment

• You all should go check out the drift zone's new video #21...

Apparently SA violated some suspension rule regarding to the front suspension setup on their R34. They said that the R34 Skyline comes from the factory with a double wish-bone setup in the front. But SA changed it to accomadate struts. By doing that they violate some rule where all FD cars has to maintain the original configuration. My wording my be kinda off a tad but they sort of explain everything in the video on the the drift zone. My only question is, what took FD and Ryan Sage so long to notice this. Last time i checked, are there "some" sort of inspection of all cars running prior to the event before they are allowed to hit the track or something? This situation reminds me of what happend to Rhys Millen last year in New Jersey. They waited after the whole event was over on a monday to tell Rhys he's gonna lose points and money because of his tailights.

Comment

• ^^^^^
        oh, no kidding?
        there is something wrong with the r34?

what happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by drift52390 View Post
          You all should go check out the drift zone's new video #21...

Apparently SA violated some suspension rule regarding to the front suspension setup on their R34. They said that the R34 Skyline comes from the factory with a double wish-bone setup in the front. But SA changed it to accomadate struts. By doing that they violate some rule where all FD cars has to maintain the original configuration. My wording my be kinda off a tad but they sort of explain everything in the video on the the drift zone. My only question is, what took FD and Ryan Sage so long to notice this. Last time i checked, are there "some" sort of inspection of all cars running prior to the event before they are allowed to hit the track or something? This situation reminds me of what happend to Rhys Millen last year in New Jersey. They waited after the whole event was over on a monday to tell Rhys he's gonna lose points and money because of his tailights.
          You didn't read the thread, did you? Your explanation is in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
            You didn't read the thread, did you? Your explanation is in this thread.

Yes I did actully. I just love restating the obvious lol jk

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian View Post
              ^^^^^
              oh, no kidding?
              there is something wrong with the r34?

what happened?
              There's an R34 running Formula D?

Comment

• Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                PG knows his *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. dont knock him on that. however, i dont think PG has actually gone over the car like some people have.

i have no hate for PG, or anyone else in the series. i just want to know, if SA had contacted formula D during the building process, would formula D have gone and sent someone to japan to approve the build
                My honest opinion here is that SA didn't contact Formula D during the building process. I'm thinking that way because it sure seemed like a surprise to everyone when they saw how the front suspension was setup on the car in Long Beach.

Sending someone to go to Japan should not have to be necessary. You can pull up Nissan FAST diagrams and just look at schematics there, and then ask the team send over pictures via eMail. That would have been just fine.

...BUT, that's not the case here anymore. What we have here is a car that's already built with suspension modifications that aren't approved because it supposedly gives them an unfair advantage. We've all discussed all this already, and I'm trying to divert the discussion onto other things so we can all just move on.

These questions still haven't been answered yet:

Is there a list of pre-approvals available that shows what car has what?

Would the car have been pre-approved had SA Drift had followed proper proceedures?

Comment

• Actually there's 2 of them running right now.

Comment

Actually there's 2 of them running right now.
                    OMG dude...which ones??!

Comment

You all should go check out the drift zone's new video #21...

http://www.thedriftzone.com/index2.php?id=103

Comment

• Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                        XXXXXXX at peak performance are pissEDD!!!!!!

First off I would like to say, if this comment is directed towards us, I don't know what we are pissed about. This entire ordeal has just been brought to our attention. People have been contacting us on a situation we knew nothing about. That being said, we don't want the "N" word to be associated with our company. Cameron I would appreciate you editing your post. Thank you!

Peak Performance

Comment

• Sorry just making a case!!!

8.3.1 The basic OEM suspension design must remain. Any changes to design type suspension must be preaproved by Formula Drift.

Taken from RMR thread on ls1gto.com:

Question asked by RJ92:

I was esentially wondering what differs in Ryhs' Drift car compaired to a stock GTO as far as the rear suspension is concerned.

RMR reply:

Basically all we have done to the rear is change away from the spring/shock seperate configuration, to a full coilover setup in the rear(and front) for this we had to adjust the location of the mount, and fabricate flat plate in order to have a true pillowball mount for our coilover setup in the rear. after that came years of testing spring/shock rates to eliminate wheel hop, and gain massive ammounts of forward grip

Here is the link for more info:
                          http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=s14

I heart Takatori!!!!
                          Last edited by stedriftward; 07-03-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stedriftward View Post
                            8.3.1 The basic OEM suspension design must remain. Any changes to design type suspension must be preaproved by Formula Drift.

Taken from RMR thread on ls1gto.com:

Question asked by RJ92:

I was esentially wondering what differs in Ryhs' Drift car compaired to a stock GTO as far as the rear suspension is concerned.

RMR reply:

Basically all we have done to the rear is change away from the spring/shock seperate configuration, to a full coilover setup in the rear(and front) for this we had to adjust the location of the mount, and fabricate flat plate in order to have a true pillowball mount for our coilover setup in the rear. after that came years of testing spring/shock rates to eliminate wheel hop, and gain massive ammounts of forward grip

Here is the link for more info:
                            http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=s14

I heart Takatori!!!!
                            It must have been pre-approved. If it hasn't been, I'm sure it's pre-approved now. None of us will ever know. It's all a secret.

Comment

• Sorry for stating this but......Preapproval = Bull s h i t!!! That just leaves room for anyone to get anything approved! Why have rules if you can bend them?

Hey Jim I need your number!!!! I have a Chevy AVEO i want to campaign and I need preapproval on the fact that I mounted the body to my big block Chevette chassis!!!!

Please call 1-800-IAM-LAME

VTS sheets = PEACE!!!!
                              Last edited by stedriftward; 07-03-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• As you can see by my post count, I am a total post whore. Since many of you do not know who I am let me establish the fact that I am not a young 17 yr old kid posting my opinion. I started my company in 1991 in Irvine, Ca and now am located in a 27,000 sq ft building with a staff of 15. During those 17 years I have seen most of the best come to the top like Shaun Carlson, Steph Papadakis, and Bergenholtz racing.

Having a drift team is hard as f**k and keeping these cars in good working order has been a b*tch from day one. My company has dedicated so much time and money in the sport and we are still looking for success. Ben Schwartz was our original driver and now we have a team with Robbie Nishida and Joon Maeng. We have been drifting professionally for the past 4 years with all the vehicles built in house and it has been very difficult to keep up as a team owner.

While I can't speak on behalf of Formula D as a whole, I can say the heads at FD would not allow the lack of professionalism as discussed here. I have known the President of Formula D, Jim Liaw for a long time. We have had common friends since college and I've even worked with Jim during the IDRC drag racing days. He has worked the race tracks with me, in intense heat without reward or even stopping to eat. Jim has spent a lot of time with racers and knows what it takes. He understands the drivers and sponsorships and the pressures that race teams face everyday. Formula D is not the result of a bored man who came from money. Jim is a down to earth guy that works hard and is genuinely fair and honest. Even with my history and friendship with Jim, you can see by our team’s success in the past 4 years that I am not getting any sort of special treatment or favoritism.

I feel SA, Victor, and Sean are handling this whole situation with the R34 a bit unprofessionally. I know that all 3 parties involved in this thread have been in this industry for quite some time. I am surprised that you are using this forum as a public trial against FD and trying to rally the mob in your support. I am quite surprised because I would think that if SA had a problem they would be professional enough to negotiate a fair settlement to fix the problem with FD in a quiet professional matter. Since you have made this so public and now every drifting team in the world knows about this, I will assume they will have no choice but to make an example of SA. I am not siding with FD or SA, but I do feel this is not being dealt with properly.

In regards to Roo confronting the legality of the Scion TC, I will assume that FD has checked the car carefully and that it meets their approval. What is surprising to me is that both cars are sponsored by Toyo, yet the SA team is throwing their fellow team member under the bus. I could imagine Toyo corporate being upset about the way Team SA has been handling the situation by attempting to blow the whistle on another Toyo team and risk possible penalization as well.

Why don’t we let the parties that are involved take care of the issue. I am sure that FD will do something fair to resolve this situation since I am sure they want to see the R34 run in their series. I am sure that team SA will also do what is necessary to make sure that this car can run in the series.

Thats all I wanted to say about the situation.
                                Good luck to all the teams this year!
                                Eddie Kim

Comment

Working...
                                X