No announcement yet.

FORMULA D Rule Changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess everyone is just busy getting ready for Round 4. ;-) I know I am...

Comment

• No, that's not it at all. It was just time to squash the subject and move on. Didn't you notice that I was the only one replying to your posts the last few pages? I kept this alive for you longer than it needed to be.

In an effort to stop the bleeding on this matter, I let that previous "manhood sizes" comment about the "ruler" slide.

Here's how the great Webster, as in Webster's Dictionary, defines "ruler":

Main Entry: rul·er
      Pronunciation: \ˈrü-lər\
      Function: noun
      Date: 14th century
      1: one that rules; specifically : sovereign

Main Entry: sov·er·eign
      Variant(s): also sov·ran \ˈsä-v(ə-)rən, -vərn also ˈsə-\
      Etymology: Middle English soverain, from Anglo-French soverein, from soverein, adjective
      Date: 13th century
      1 a: one possessing or held to possess sovereignty b: one that exercises supreme authority within a limited sphere c: an acknowledged leader : arbiter

Main Entry: ar·bi·ter
      Pronunciation: \ˈär-bə-tər\
      Etymology: Middle English arbitre, from Anglo-French, from Latin arbitr-, arbiter
      1 : a person with power to decide a dispute : judge
      2 : a person or agency whose judgment or opinion is considered authoritative

My "version of a ruler" is the same as Webster's. All along I've said that this was there show to run as they see fit, therefore, they rule. Nowhere in the definiton does it say " a ruler must change and/or amends its rules and regulations to appease the concerns of anyone."

In this case, Formula D is the ruler. I'm done.
      Last edited by OldSkool510; 07-09-2008, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Actually, in real life, there is more discussion about this thread, than has gone on in the thread.

However people "feel" about bringing it into the public, I still feel it was a necessary thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
          In an effort to stop the bleeding on this matter, I let that previous "manhood sizes" comment about the "ruler" slide.

Here's how the great Webster, as in Webster's Dictionary, defines "ruler":

Main Entry: rul·er
          Pronunciation: \ˈrü-lər\
          1: one that rules; specifically : sovereign
          Wikipedia defines "ruler" as... A ruler, or rule, is an instrument used in geometry, technical drawing and engineering/building to measure distances and/or to rule straight lines. Strictly speaking, the ruler is essentially a straightedge used to rule lines and the calibrated instrument used for determining measurement is called a 'measure'. However, common usage is that a ruler is a calibrated straightedge that can be used for making measurements.

Wikipedia is controlled by the people. For the good, and for the bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by tyndago View Post
            Actually, in real life, there is more discussion about this thread, than has gone on in the thread.

However people "feel" about bringing it into the public, I still feel it was a necessary thing.
            I agree with you 100%. It just went too far and crossed the barrier between what should be public and what should be private information. Maybe this thread will force the FORMULA D guys to consider changes and/or make clarifications to their rule book. We really don't know how many others have complained, if any. Until then, we should just let FORMULA D be the "Dictator" and "Ruler" of their drifting kingdom.

As I stated before, I'm nobody, but a huge fan of drifting and its advancement into the world of motorsports. FORMULA D is the only professional sanctioning body in the US right now. Rather than try to create a new sanctioning body as someone has implied, we should just drift FORMULA D to the next level. As I stated before, FORMULA D's $ucce$$ will bring greater $ucce$$ for all those involved, especially to the racers.

Unless I get called out or questioned, this will be my final post on this
            subject. Keep in mind, this was all done for the "entertainment value" as someone suggested.

Comment

• Airfreight isn't cheap...

...especially since it's the fastest way to get car parts to Los Angeles from Japan. Airfreight was handled by FedEx...which was cheaper than using a freight company at the time and situation at hand.

Everything arrived on Monday, but if you guys are watching the team's progress closely, you'll know that they broke an OS Geiken sequential transmission out in New Jersey. So...figured to fix all that first (order, build, and airfreight another transmission from Japan...).

While getting the car ready for the new transmission (basically waiting for it for another day or so), the team installed a couple new pieces -- new Koyorad (Koyo) racing radiator and intercooler! If you guys are coming out to Vegas, check it out. Koyo is starting to make intercoolers now... I'm speculating that pricing will be consistent to that of their radiators and how their fair in the market when compared to other brands.

Aside from the above modifications, Anyone willing to speculate how much all this non-preapproval compliance costs? All parts are new Genuine Nissan OEM. HKS box is just a box. JGTC Nismo engine crate is just being used as a table here. Your guess should include a comma. ;-)

This one picture here also shows a stock ER34 in the background. I can't think of anything better than having another car immediately on hand to help as a reference guide with all this.

(Yes, that's Roo with his man-purse...)

These are all pictures of the car here in Los Angeles.
              Last edited by courantcom; 07-09-2008, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Ya's niggas pockets went from phat to whack!!!!!

Don't sue me please

Comment

• I've been told that the only way you can end up with a small fortune in racing is if you start with a large fortune in the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                    I've been told that the only way you can end up with a small fortune in racing is if you start with a large fortune in the beginning.
                    We proved it when we went and raced a Skyline GT-R World Challenge GT. You might make a lot of money on the internet...by the internet , but you don't make as much money as GM. $400k a year ain't nutin next to $8 million a year.

Comment

• I'm sorry but the gloves are off now...

Apparently Formula DRIFT completely removed us from their mailing list for official notices....we never recieved an e-mail regarding te Round 4 schedule....and I have just heard from another team there was another e-mail sent out regarding a Team Manager meeting today. I believe everyone is aware and understands that my team is coming from Japan each and every month for these events. Planning is imperative when undertaking such a venture. Receiving this information this late and from other teams instead of through official Formula D communication is flat out ridiculous. It’s embarrassing for me and once again calls into question the maturity and professionalism of Formula DRIFT. Despite sugestions that the mails went to my junk mail...I double check all my mail that goes to my junk e-mail box and all the Formula D’s e-mails are on my safe list. There is absolutely no chance that either of these e-mails were ever sent to me.

The fact that I have received these e-mails each and every time before this round can only mean that we have been deleted from the mailing list. I can guarantee that they will not be able to produce proof of it being sent to us. Considering the current situation, this is just adding to the charges that the series is singling out our team. Deleting us from theirr MySpace would be one thing but from their mailing list for official series communication is intolerable and very unprofessional. At this point, how can one reasonably believe that Formula DRIFT is not attempting to damage the performance of our entry in the series?

Despite their wishes to keep the current situation private between Formula Drift and the team, this recent issue with e-mail has forced me to ensure that their actions regarding our team remain public. This type of behavior is unacceptable from a sanctioning body and extremely disappointing to say the least.

Thank You,

Roo Arebalo - Team Manager
                      Last edited by sa-drift.com; 07-10-2008, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• If that's true, I'll be the first to say that is some fukked up childish, immature, and unprofessional bullshhhit they did. I would be extremely disappointed and lose total respect for their entire organization. Before I do put them on my shhitlist, be sure to get all the facts. Are you sure the heat is not affecting the functionality of your e-mails?

I heard of repercussions, but daaaaamn, how obvious and blatant was that.

Good luck and Keep us posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by sa-drift.com View Post
                          Apparently Formula DRIFT completely removed us from their mailing list for official notices....we never recieved an e-mail regarding te Round 4 schedule....and I have just heard from another team there was another e-mail sent out regarding a Team Manager meeting today. I believe everyone is aware and understands that my team is coming from Japan each and every month for these events. Planning is imperative when undertaking such a venture. Receiving this information this late and from other teams instead of through official Formula D communication is flat out ridiculous. It’s embarrassing for me and once again calls into question the maturity and professionalism of Formula DRIFT. Despite sugestions that the mails went to my junk mail...I double check all my mail that goes to my junk e-mail box and all the Formula D’s e-mails are on my safe list. There is absolutely no chance that either of these e-mails were ever sent to me.

The fact that I have received these e-mails each and every time before this round can only mean that we have been deleted from the mailing list. I can guarantee that they will not be able to produce proof of it being sent to us. Considering the current situation, this is just adding to the charges that the series is singling out our team. Deleting us from theirr MySpace would be one thing but from their mailing list for official series communication is intolerable and very unprofessional. At this point, how can one reasonably believe that Formula DRIFT is not attempting to damage the performance of our entry in the series?

Despite their wishes to keep the current situation private between Formula Drift and the team, this recent issue with e-mail has forced me to ensure that their actions regarding our team remain public. This type of behavior is unacceptable from a sanctioning body and extremely disappointing to say the least.

Thank You,

Roo Arebalo - Team Manager
                          You're understandably upset and the timing is suspect but sometimes things like this do happen.

I've been on their mailing list for media for quite some time now but ocassionally I wont get an email about something but other people got it.

I'm pretty sure Formula D has no personal vendetta against me but the same thing has happend to me that's happend to you.

Please understand two things.

The first..is..well I'm not 100% sure when it comes to team emails and the like..but I know that the emails I get from them are sent through their PR firm "The ID Agency". If Formula D has them also sending out team emails then that would mean they possibly made a mistake instead of Formula D directly.

Secondly even if Formula D does send the emails themselves...its possible they use some kind of email blast service or the like..and those things do screw up every once in a while.

While you're upset I think it would have been better for you to have called them directly to discuss the matter.

I'm not against you or anything but when you post here to vent your frustrations then it only reflects on you because all Formula D will say is "you made it a public issue by posting about it on a public forum instead of talking to us directly"

I know this might not be what you want to hear but its true. It would be different if Formula D publically said "We're taking SA off our mailing list" but they didn't.

You should contact them and figure this out otherwise this can only lead to bad blood between Formula D and you and no good will come of that.

Comment

• Man, if FD needed some excitement and controversy, they are putting on one heck of a show. (I'm being a little sarcastic, but I am a radio personality (READ: MARKED OUT HACK) on Wrestling Spotlite, a Pro Wrestling commentary show)

Hopefully, it was just a software error, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                              You should contact them and figure this out otherwise this can only lead to bad blood between Formula D and you and no good will come of that.
                              Believe me when I say that I double, even triple checked everything with my e-mail before making that post. They were already made aware of me not recieving the schedule...even though that in itself is suspect (I have had no problems recieving their e-mails up to this point) but what upset me was not recieving the second e-mail regarding the crew cheif meeting...that is today. What would happen if I did not show up? A fine? Prevented from running? Who knows? I know they mass mail these official notices out but neither of these were recieved....not in my inbox, not in my junk box, nothing. These mails come from Formula DRIFT directly. I have continued to recieve e-mails from their PR firm so take that for what you will.

Formula D has since apologized and say it has nothing to do with the current situation. They claim our mail was not removed from their mailing list and have added a secondary to ensure this does not happen again. I'm satisfied with the remedy but I honestly do not know what to believe really happened with the 2 e-mails for round 4. While I am inclined to believe it is just a simple mistake, the way this happened is very suspect. I made the suggestion of a bulletin board that only teams/participants have access to and they said it is already in the works. Regardless, I hope this is the end of these e-mail issues.

Comment

• Roo, Nov, 29 and 30.

Make it a point to be at ASB V.
                                You are more than welcomed.
                                Takatori is on my team for team drift.
                                Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X