X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Seattle

please post your feedback on this thread

I'd like to start by saying
    THANK YOU Northwest for having us and being THE BEST CROWD EVER IN FORMULA DRIFT HISTORY (in my eyes that is)!!!!!

Those are big shoes to fill I know but after being up at Evergreen Speedway for 3 years now, they just GET IT and have a blast!!!

Congrats to the podium finishers, Rhys "Mad Skils" in the rain Millen, Sam Ice racing paid off "Crazy Swede" Hubinette and of course Robbie "Bushido Blade" Nishida (you too Eddie)...

And to all the drivers that have made Formula Drift what it is today, without you guys pushing, progressing, making it happen and putting on a hell of a show the series wouldn't be where it's at, you're the largest part of the equation...

Last but not least, the Entire FD staff, Jim, Ryan, Andy... everybody!

See everybody in Sonoma, round 6, it's gonna be the battle on the bay!!!

Comment

lol, no one showed up....

rain = kinda cool

i might show up to sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post

rain = kinda cool

Comment

The best moment.

A fan borrowed a sharpie from JR Gittin (not knowing who he was), to get J-rods autograph.

Classic. Gotta love the Northwest.

Congrats to Robbie for the 3rd place finish!!!

Comment

rain = kinda cool

Are you an idiot or just a moron?

prolly both.

Comment

rain = kinda cool

i think he means that the people that post on this forum didnt go. maybe. i could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                Are you an idiot or just a moron?

prolly both.

We're in the same boat then

Na, just said that because J-rod was the first person to post more then 24 hours after the event.... of course people showed up.

Robbie finaly on the podium....loooongg time overdue

Comment

Hell yeah, long overdue podium for Robbie! Glad to see him get there finally.

Comment

The Seattle fans are off the hook! They really appreciate the difficulties of driving in the rain even tho it was much slower than normal and obviously no smoke. The people in general are really nice and the fans even stayed in the rain! They really making drifting fun.

Thank you Formula D (Ryan, Jim, Casidi, Andy, Ceso, Steve, Henry, Andy Y, Ken, Ernie and Jrod), the event was awesome and Robbie finally got a well deserved podium through a bunch of damn good racers. Justin, Ryan, Sam, and of course or new rival Tanner, thank you for clean fight and we respect you for putting on a good show with us.

Yea i saw that guy borrow the sharpie from JR to get Jrods autograph, that was classic.

To all the underdogs and low budget teams, competing in Formula D has been very difficult and next to impossible to podium. Our team is living proof, it can be done with hard work and a ton of luck! Underdogs don't give up, we will see you out there!

Comment

The event overall ran very smoothly, despite the rain! even though there were several one-more-time runs, we still got out of there at a decent hour and had time to go hit up the city and get some good food.

The schedule I had with me differed than what actually ran... I don't know where I got my schedule, so that's partially on me, it just made things a bit trickier for planning. No biggie...

I still don't understand some of the qualifying runs. 1 driver has good smoke, good line, and exits at 75mph, the next driver is lower on the bank, exits at 70mph, less smoke, and shallower angle on the transition after the power alley and gets an almost identical score. I think the explanations need to be a bit more extensive during qualifying, both for the fans and the teams.

I was really impressed with the driving in the rain!! Seeing drivers like Tanner and Ryuji spin just showed how difficult it was. The podium positions were definitely hard fought and well deserved!

I haven't missed a Seattle event yet, and don't plan on it anytime soon because this event is one of the best on the circuit!

I didn't post earlier because I was too busy seeing the city

Comment

The highlight for me was the practice on the 7th.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f6SP1sS12XA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f6SP1sS12XA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The FD guys graciously shared the track with the Evergreen Drift locals from BC, OR, and WA and a few of our best drivers were drifting the 5/8ths for the first time.

It was awesome to see the locals mixing it up with the FD guys on the 5/8ths (normally we drift the smaller 3/8ths oval) in tandem trains 4 deep!

A big thanks to Andy and Doug from FD for all the help and support you gave us.

During Saturday the rain certainly lessened the impact of the runs but to see the pros deal with Evergreen Speedway in the wet was a new twist. In my experience of drifting at the Speedway in the rain it gets slick as snot (we get 2 to 3 rain events a year) and there are a lot of bumps and pavement transitions that unsettle the car and throw you into a spin if you don't have the skills.

Some people spun and some drivers killed it. Evergreen in the wet really separates the good and the great.

Northwest Rocks! See you next year.
                        Last edited by Umaikakudo; 08-11-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

This was my first time attending FD. It was an interesting experience. I had a chance to see my younger "bro" Jacob! (Someone had the brilliant idea to put Jacob on Video. I distinctly heard camera glass shatter when the camera went live. So unfortunate.)

I lucked out and managed to get a MEDIA pass, so I had access to some great spots for photos as well as talking to the pros. I was doing free-lance for a local Portland radio station as well as an RC car magazine. I managed to score an interview w/ Tanner Foust, which was cool. Super personable guy and managed to finish Top 5. Also talked to Rhys and a couple other pros.

I was also there helping out a friend who runs SeaTown Drifters, an RC Drift group in the Seattle area. Several friends came down from Canada's RC Drift group, Onetendrift. The RC track was small due to space, but overall, we had a blast. We also happened to be next to the Model tent, which helped. We had a TON of people stopping by, taking video and shooting pics.

The weather was def. a factor. Truely it really was unknown WHO would walk away with a victory. The rain proved influential and it made the later competition that much more exciting. It was exciting to watch. Several times they ran "One more Time" because the race was too close to call.

I had a great time. Lots to see. Tons of eye Candy. I look forward to next year.

MOmo

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                            I still don't understand some of the qualifying runs. 1 driver has good smoke, good line, and exits at 75mph, the next driver is lower on the bank, exits at 70mph, less smoke, and shallower angle on the transition after the power alley and gets an almost identical score. I think the explanations need to be a bit more extensive during qualifying, both for the fans and the teams.
                            im glad someone else felt the same. i think the judging was somewhat inconsistant. sometimes people got zeroes and sometimes people got 9's on runs where they tapped blue/yellow walls coming off the bank. i remember one run thinking that for sure someone was getting a zero for hitting it pretty good, and sure enough they got a 9.

oh well it was my first formula d event and it was fun, but i definately had more fun watching the locals tango with the pro's on thursday. some of the best locals got a ton of exposure and i hope good things happen for them.

Comment

by no means do I think the judging was BAD. I know that Andy, Ernie, and Ken are all very knowledgeable and specific about what they want to see on the track. Admittedly, I missed the first drivers meeting on Saturday morning where the qualifying line was explained. But so did the rest of the crowd. I just wanted to hear more distinct explanations of why the run was scored the way it was.

Comment

Working...
                              X