No announcement yet.

2009 DRIFT DODGE CHALLENGER By MOPAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of interesting, the body panels are all removable using Dauz fasteners. Did the Viper or Charger utilize this, too?

EDIT: And roller skate wheels, too, apparently.
    Last edited by Justin Banner; 11-05-2008, 12:57 PM.

Comment

and i thought drifting was about street cars? lol

Comment

i'm optimistic. looks alot better than the charger.

crazy build.

Comment

so is this even legal for formula d? looks kinda tube framed

Comment

That cage with a body on it is probably 100% legal, but they should be careful not to change the suspension bolting point by adding or subtracting a bolt.

YIKES!

They might have to rebuild the car....

Comment

It's just skirting on Uni-Body, but it's not totally tube-frame (but not by much).

Comment

where's the woofers? I want some bass!

Comment

saw the car in person at the show. Carlson's craftsmanship is just marvelous. He comes from a drag racing background and the attention to detail is amazing. If you know what you are looking at, this car is just a piece of artwork. Coming from a drag racer and seeing the drifting world expand in the past few years this car is a huge step in path of professionalism for the sport. You will always have your pros and your street participants. This type of work separates the pros from the joes

Comment

Originally posted by TyCooley View Post
                    saw the car in person at the show. Carlson's craftsmanship is just marvelous. He comes from a drag racing background and the attention to detail is amazing. If you know what you are looking at, this car is just a piece of artwork. Coming from a drag racer and seeing the drifting world expand in the past few years this car is a huge step in path of professionalism for the sport. You will always have your pros and your street participants. This type of work separates the pros from the joes
                    We at Nuformz thank you. It was alot of work by everyone at the shop to build this car, and if you look at it closely, you can see why it took so long to build.. And as far as legality, we had 7 (yes, seven) Formula D inspectors at our shop to verify all was kosher prior to the chassis being powdercoated. They climbed over, under, around, and through the car to make sure everything met the rulebook.

Last edited by ; 11-10-2008, 08:21 PM.

Comment

People who fab drag cars can pretty much fab anything.

If you can fab a chassis that has to withstand a ton of power coming off the line and staying straight without twisting means you have like super powers and can pretty much make anything as long as you have metal, a cutter, and a welder.

More than anything else Im curious to see how the rollerblade wheels work out.

Comment

Originally posted by manka4343 View Post
                        We at Nuformz thank you. It was alot of work by everyone at the shop to build this car, and if you look at it closely, you can see why it took so long to build.. And as far as legality, we had 7 (yes, seven) Formula D inspectors at our shop to verify all was kosher prior to the chassis being powdercoated. They climbed over, under, around, and through the car to make sure everything met the rulebook.

O_O; It's still a considered a uni-body?

Comment

Hey there are a lot of tubes...but I see a uni-body in there...somewhere...its just super re-enforced.

Imagine if someone had the cash and fab guys to do that with a 240.

Hey Manka do you think you could give a rough ballpark figure on how much it would cost a customer to go into Nuformz and get oh say...a 350Z chassis done up like that?

Comment

You don't need to do that with a S chassis

Just seem weld and cage with dimples

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                              Hey there are a lot of tubes...but I see a uni-body in there...somewhere...its just super re-enforced.

Imagine if someone had the cash and fab guys to do that with a 240.

Hey Manka do you think you could give a rough ballpark figure on how much it would cost a customer to go into Nuformz and get oh say...a 350Z chassis done up like that?
                              PM me... We generally did not do customer cars, untill about 2 months ago. We now have another 6000 sq ft building to do work for customers. Including an awd dynojet and 3 hoists.

Comment

I can clearly see why it is LEGAL.
                                the actual "tub" of the car or whatever you might want to call it, seems to be normal. The sports where the suspension bolts to seems to be normal, however, the rest of the car is a Nascar/monster truck/jungle gym/ tube fest/ etc.

Seems pretty clear that the rules were clearly understood and taken to the extreme.

Do I like it? hell no.
                                Will it be legal? sadly yes.
                                Is it a car anymore? no way.

Comment

Working...
                                X