No announcement yet.

2009 sponsorship proposals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know where Colin lives... ;-) Sponsor me, and I'll tell you where it is. If Colin sponsors me instead, I'll keep everything a secret!

Comment

I have to disagree with the proposal not having an impact comment. I think it definitely plays a role in the combination of things that help you get sponsors. Of course knowing people helps, but not always. Everyone has to answer to someone and that someone may not know you. The person you know has to present something to that someone and that would be your proposal. Don't think that the person you know is going to do make one up for you, no matter how well you think you know them. That's your own job. It's just like a resume. It also shows your ability to market yourself, since by acquiring a sponsor, you are essentially being hired for a marketing job. I mostly dispute the "who you know aspect" because when we were running around for a few years with a bunch of sponsors, we didn't know ANYONE to begin with. Everyone was like who the freak are these guys. It all came down to our proposal (according to our SPONSORS). Some had said it was the best they had ever seen. That's not to brag, that's just to say that some drivers must obviously not know the impact a proposal has and take it very lightly when designing and handing one over. Of course, a proposal is not the end all be all, there is also the way you present yourself at meetings – your attire and how well spoken you are. It also helps if you have come from a background of supporting yourself. NO SPONSOR wants to hear, "We are GOING TO do this and that." They instead want to hear, "I HAVE DONE this and that." Just like a job interview or resume, your employer (or sponsor in this case) doesn't want to hear what they can do for you. They want to hear what you can do for them to help with their ROI.

In a nutshell. You are applying for a marketing job. Treat it as such.

Comment

Do you guys believe that athletes AND drivers get sponsorship money for their POTENTIAL...not like before, where the only way you got sponsorship money for accomplishments?

...I believe that these days, all you need is the potential to do well, because there's quite a handful of drivers that have done well, but currently do not do well.

Comment

^always encouraging to hear stuff like that

I kept waking up whenever cars drove by last night thinking the emergency hooker was coming to get me or.. even worse

my corolla

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
            ^always encouraging to hear stuff like that

I kept waking up whenever cars drove by last night thinking the emergency hooker was coming to get me or.. even worse

my corolla
            ...already got the corolla. ;-)

Comment

oh don't worry, there's more!

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
                oh don't worry, there's more!
                You blow it...I'll tow it!

Comment

I will give Colin a full ride any time
                  Anybody want to sponsor a big Miata driver?? I am cute and hug well!!

Comment

I was in Temecula, CA yesterday hookin' a car. I brought it to a shop in Orange, CA

Comment

So the discussion of people closely modeling their proposals against others is over? Maybe now people will find a way to prove their own individual values to potential sponsors on their own.

Each "team" should be able to show something different to potential sponsors.

Comment

Working...
                      X