drifting techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
    my fav is a combination of multiple styles. I put the clutch in, feint a little, cut back in, (pull the handbrake depending on angle of turn and speed), let out the clutch, and countersteer. This is in a '85 AE86, which needs alot to break traction due to not alot of power
    yeah, that's more similar to what i was doing in my roadster....kinda' flick the wheel to upset the chasis, pop the clutch and yank turn inwards and stand on it....

i thought it worked well, but did seem to be hard on the car, of course that could just be my skill level (or lack there of).

i'm gonna' try my best to get the feint down by next week (or at least the mechanism of it).

Comment

call me crazy but i clutch kick the bmw. i think its easier for me cuz thats how i learning to do it. im prolly gonna mess up the transmission so im thinking of switching to faint drifting. i also wouldnt mind trying the kansei drift. sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 323idrifter
        call me crazy but i clutch kick. i think its easier for me cuz thats how i learning to do it. im thinking of switching to faint drifting. sounds fun.

same here bro.

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
          If the car is set up right, braking drifts are easy, but the level of hardness varies alot from car to car and depends on the brakes and pads bieng used, so with stock brake and stock suspension fuh-ged-a-bout-ih
          of course i totally forgot. i was just thinkin about braking drifts in this old *Censored**Censored**Censored* corolla. haha. the car is pretty damn light and the braking drifts are incredibly violent. i have 3 friends that never want to ride in the car ever again :P

Comment

anyone want to give me a run down on brake drifting?

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
              of course i totally forgot. i was just thinkin about braking drifts in this old *Censored**Censored**Censored* corolla. haha. the car is pretty damn light and the braking drifts are incredibly violent. i have 3 friends that never want to ride in the car ever again :P
              hahah, gotta love those things!

Comment

Originally posted by JonnySlick
                im a clutch kicker (and u are too) but i think that the braking drift is done by doing heavy braking before the turn causing momentum to shift forward. with all of the weight in the front u initiate the loss of traction in the rear by accelerating (assuming u have a rwd car). u might wanna faint a little (thats just a suggestion) then steer towards the turn and countersteer and adjust acceleration as u go along. from what ive heard its easier to catch than a clutch kick so u shouldnt have too much of a problem. but hey, if there are the real brake drifters out there feel free to correct me.

Comment

Faint Drift- this is performed by rocking the car towards the opposite direction of a turn and then using the rebound of grip to throw the car into the normal cornering direction. (note: this is heavy rally racing technique used to change vehicle attitudes during cornering)

tried it out today, spin outs at 80mph under that im cool bettween 50 to 60.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnySlick
                    Braking Drift- this is performed by braking before a corner while starting to turn in, vary the brake petal until loss of grip is obtained and then balance the over steer through steering and throttle motions

Comment

i remember this one video clip and it was an FD i think... huge crazy lookin braking drift.

Comment

Working...
                      X