(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D ATLANTA May 8-9th 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by courantcom View Post
    I also think a durometer test is something that can be done incorrectly. It's not exactly a tire pressure gauge. The "expensive gauges" also come with a standard - a piece of material that you can test the gauge on to see if it's still holding it's accuracy.

For something that important (...failure means immediate disqualification), I think the gauge needs to be constantly measured against the standard and that a log book needs to be kept to record when the standard was tested, temperature, person/operator, etc.
    I agree that the gauge should be calibrated every day of any event and logged with date, reading (pass/fail or numeric value) and initials of person that calibrated the gauge.

The log book should be open for any team to view at any time.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrxwagon View Post
      I agree that the gauge should be calibrated every day of any event and logged with date, reading (pass/fail or numeric value) and initials of person that calibrated the gauge.

The log book should be open for any team to view at any time.
      ...for a single tool that can determine immediate disqualification? Absolutely.

Comment

• 6,000+ views, 10 pages in less than a week? Awesome!

Comment

• ok so did anybody answer or figure out why the oem side mirror rule is in the rule book but doesnt matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
            ok so did anybody answer or figure out why the oem side mirror rule is in the rule book but doesnt matter?
            Are you implying that there are more rules that don't matter? OMG no way...

Comment

• Originally posted by courantcom View Post
              Are you implying that there are more rules that don't matter? OMG no way...
              well i just wanted to see what formula d's response would be seeing how the tire rule was stated and enforced. even though it has some problems its in the book unlike the mirror rule which is stated and not enforced.

Comment

• well on another note....

Im looking forward to next year already again. From a media stand point, I say again, there needs to be a port-o-john down in the grass area for turns between 10a-10b, thats a long walk up the hill to pee. Was not a fan of the stand up banners this year. I know it was mentioned friday they were in the way, and were moved. The moving did help a little, but they really needed to be back more or just laid back at more of angle.

I like this year judges, especially Tony. he just seems more vocal and up to date about what he wants outta the drivers.

I did miss the before event car race, those were always cool to watch.

Comment

• A representative from Formula D will be on The Inside Drift (www.theinsidedrift.com)Live Blog radio today at 10am PST to talk about the tire situation from Atl.

If you have questions or concerns you can call in and voice them live on the show at (646) 716-4717.

Seeing as how this thread is mainly supported by Victor, I'd like to see him call in and discuss his points on the show.

I'll be listening. I hope you guys man up as this is your chance to openly discuss this topic with the powers that be at Formula D.

Comment

• Missed the show. Any transcripts of the show ?

Comment

• please re-air the show... along with the transcript of the show.

Comment

• out of curiousty, what tires are the ae86 guys on toyo running

Suell and Kondo

Comment

• Ryan Sage, co-founder of Formula Drift will be the guest in the 10:00 (PDT) hour as we examine "Tiregate", the circumstances that resulted in the disqualification of Patrick Mordaunt at last week's Formula drift round 2 at Road Atlanta.

DOWNLOAD THE SHOW
                          http://www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Ins...embed=download

Comment

• I believe the show can be downloaded on the website as well as iTunes and listened too at your leisure.

Comment

• I caught most of the show. Ryan address most of the points and Pat will get his points back. He has asked the tire companies to help out with the inconstanst reading of tires and will have a patch in place for NJ. He is aware of all of the problems and working on them. I thought he did very good job addressing everthing and explaining what happen and why....

Comment

• Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                                out of curiousty, what tires are the ae86 guys on toyo running

Suell and Kondo
                                Suell is using Toyo Proxxes 4 tires for the rear, and I believe...*believe*, R1-R up front.

Comment

Working...
                                X