No announcement yet.

750hp in D1 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude.... let it go, this isn't touge, they are on a track, as well a f-ing crazy, I would side with your arguement because it is logical, if you weren't wrong that is,

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...hlight=Nitrous
      well i just saw that but isnt the turbo on the yellow corolla a hks 2385? if im not mistaken it bulids full boost at about 3600-4000 rpms. irwindale isnt that big of a hp track. in japan i could see them using it on big tracks such as fuji or tuskuba.

Comment

but yea its cool im over it. gotta learn it from somewhere.

Comment

Well what you need to understand about irwindale is that They have very very little room to get up to speed before the big sweepers. thats why the hachis werent drifting that back corner, It takes power to get up to speed then power to hold it, especialy on the first lap. I can deffenately see them needing it for that. especialy the cars with out much power.

Comment

If anyone hates NOS because its NOS or because it was on the f&f movies, your just as ingnarent( can't spell ) as the ricers with civics thinking they're fast because they got neon!

Nos maybe started out to be a tool for getting power fast for ricers, but its an even better tool for REAL drivers and Drifters.
            Besides, some cars NEED Nos, even when the driver has excellent skill. That's why Up Garage doped up their 86 with Nos.
            If I had a 86, I'd do the same, but no turbo tho
            Last edited by Oki Drifter; 03-03-2004, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Here's the answer to your questions.

1. These guys are fogging the intercoolers with nitrous to cool down the compresed air. Nitrous has an intercooling effect on boosted engines that's been used in supercharged Mustangs for years. A 50-100hp cooling shot can drop the intake temp to gain 25-50hp due to the cooling effect alone. They are using the NOS mostly for it's intercooling effect rather than the primary power adder.

2. As far as how the switch is used I would agree with CrazyHawaiin and Matto that it's most likely activated with a soleniod on the throttle body which activates the Nos at a wide open throttle. There are, however, systems that can vary the amount of nitrous to smooth the power increase, and activate differents amount of nitrous at different rpm levels and different gears.

3. They don't fog the oil coolers with nitrous. They use air to stabilize the oil temperature becase adding nitrous to the oil wouldn't add any power and would cost money. Using outside air to cool the oil is completely free however and more than does the job.

Comment

Originally posted by drift star
                lol ever think that it is just a spray for his intercooler or oil coolers? its not nos its co2.
                CO2 is carbon dioxide,and NO2 is nitrous oxide.

Comment

Damn 4 pages well here is the inside scoop on the NAAAAAAAAAAWWWSSSS. Alot of them use it and it is WOT activated. They dont need it to atain speed at Irwindale or any where else. They use it in the hard corners to get out at a higher speed. Like irwindale when they came into the first corner they scrubbed off how many MPH. this is where the turbo lag is very noticeable and the cars that dont produe allot of tork can really use a squirt. Do you all understand with out a three paragraph explenation.

Comment

alright i understand

Comment

yeah, if you want 800hp go and drift that viper that was at the d1, thats pure engine power, no forced induction, and it's not bottle fed either. (unless it is supercharged, which i doubt.)

Comment

That Viper... if i remember correctly is only making 300ps or so...i THINK its in GT300 not GT500 class... but im not really sure. If its not making 300 its max making 500.

Comment

thatr viper was a stock challange viper. 500hp, noraml viper style.

Comment

Working...
                          X