(FEEDBACK) D1 GRAND PRIX August 1, 2009 - Chicago, IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Rob today I'm wearing the 2005 enjuku/kumho T shirt that you autographed in 2005!
    Thats awesome! Check your private messages, give me a call if you get a chance. Hopefully I didn't blow you off the when I signed your shirt (lols!).

Chicago had its issues and the staff will continually work to make the events better. Besides the problems I hope that it was a good time for everyone and you got to see good show. To everyone I spoke to at Chicago it was great to catchup and get some input.
    Last edited by Rob Fleming; 08-03-2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Killen1t did not mention that drivers that did not make the top 16 were walkin around drinking PBR in their nomex and the another smoken in his suit in VIP, great way to get sponsorship!

Comment

^ ahhh I think I know who those guys are

Comment

Killen1t did not mention that drivers that did not make the top 16 were walkin around drinking PBR in their nomex and the another smoken in his suit in VIP, great way to get sponsorship!
          *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* what everyone says.

who gives a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, they aren't driving anymore.

you goddamn tools.

Comment

LOL I'm out drinking all weekend and come back to see this lmao!

Originally posted by killin1t View Post
            This was a mess. The announcer was a d-bag, swore a bunch with families/young kids present, 12 yr olds smokin cigs all over and mad underage drinking,
            LMAO this sounds like a good time

LOL, dude chill out... you must have never been to a real fun drift event before.

Just because you didn't win doesn't mean your prohibited from cracking a bottle of your own and smoking reds.

But does this mean THERE WAS FREE LIQUOR!???!!???!!! If so I'm effing pissed!!!! Why didnt they have this in the OC.

This is really really wierd of this behaivor coming from the team orange guys. Kinda knowing them personaly, I wouldnt belive them to be unprofessional like that. Kumo and Tanaka are really nice guys. But nomuken is known in the drift community for being a little prick. How many grassroots J dudes you see rocking uras... theres a reason not many like that guy.

But seriously, one positive thing I can say is at least D1 isnt fixing this crap for the japanese drivers advantage. Thats a major plus, it seriously looks like a even playing field for the more talented american guys.

Comment

Quick google translation from Tankas blog

Is YOGOZAIMASU (^ O ^)

D1 Chicago ...

Was the worst (~_~

Organizers of the U.S. D1解っgood or not, or whether an American-style, meaning no解RIMASEN (° - °)

I have not lost to follow-up after the sudden death ...

Just out of frustration ...

Too tired and angry ...

Sorry (+_+) in this report

Nomura says he took the enemy's mine!

Or to the OMEDETOUGOZAI winning! \ (^-^)/
              Someone please translate it better

http://tanaka-k.seesaa.net/
              Last edited by Bebop; 08-03-2009, 07:47 PM.

Comment

From Kumos blog

At all, instead of safely, Chicago ended D1.

From the start, problems in various ways, but GUDAGUDA,

We have finally berko (^-^)

To tell you the results,

At the time of the semifinals!

Lightning boycotted (^ 0_0 ^)

As content is easily
                Tana KAZU foreign players and have the best game in eight events.

Even you, please consider the following from the flow!

Tana KAZU ahead first.
                Very good opponent, opponents advantage.
                Then follow the KAZU Tana.
                Start with the air of destiny who, quite adrift KAZU Tana.
                In speaking of Mr. Tsuchiya, this game (only the following KAZU Tana) Redo (no count).
                KAZU Tana following the re-run.
                I pledge again a solid opponent, jamming BATCHIRI then sudden death.

One of sudden death.
                KAZU leading Tana.食I込MA thing is, I have been looking at 5.5?

The starter, heralding the defeat of KAZU Tana.

Do you follow me?
                You're missing something --

Yes!
                I'm not chasing after KAZU Tana (怒)
                Arbitrary decisions by the organizers, I had the following without the KAZU Tana!

To say, there is likely to impede the activities of the United States in the future, as a protest passionately uncompromising boycott of the best fight I was 8 (^ ^) d

Tsuchiya's opinion, is like no通RANAKATTA (TT)

The players vow is Buddhist, the walkover in the final went to a Buddhist vow to act Mr. Nomura and Abe berko a girl, after re-run, and beat us GATTSURI (* ^ o ^) / \ (^-^*)

Bad aftertaste that was Chicago (TT)

However, the only problem is that終RAZU, tomorrow will be the tour for another resolution that was just me talking to the organizers (;_

An idiot, right, thanks to the organizers, rather than damage, it makes me able to work in America's future? (^ 0_0 ^)

In fact ~~···
                From reading the blog it looks like they had a meeting with the D1 USA organizers....

Again someone translate this crap better then me.

http://kumakubo.seesaa.net/

Comment

yeah you are right... this was very unprofessional of any driver representing anyones brand or company. Some of these guys were a total joke while others seemed to keep it all biz for us fans which is what they are paid to do on top of driving... instead of acting like tool bags or cry babies.

I also still want to know what happened to the RC drifting? It was even listed in the event mag they were handing out in the ticket line when you entered the event. The "sponsor village" was weak as well. Only a couple of legit companies and the rest were local garages/shops. Same sh*t as HIN in that same parking lot 3 wks ago!

Comment

WTF is wrong with local garage shops, they deserve our business more then the big cooperate sponsors.

geez, you guys sound like total drift event noobs

Comment

There is nothing wrong with loc garages but when D1GP advertises a "sponsor village" but only has a couple of "sponsors" in this so called "sponsor village" it makes D1GP look a bit weak... the US Airforce has the largest booth which is pretty beat. Autometer, Eneos and Spec were the only companies I saw other than some wheel cleaner, some new energy drink and then the rest were local garages/shops... I find it funny that the local shops/garages out-showed the big guy sponosrs! Where were the other companies listed as sponsors like Greddy, Genius, Performace Auto & Sound etc just as the website and event brochure stated? Just because its the midwest doesn't mean these companies shouldn't represent out here... I understand Chicago isn't SoCal but come on, look how many people paid $$$ to be at this event... There were def some insane show cars... those TopSpeed guys got it goin on!
                      And there is nothing wrong with noobs at events like this. Without noobs this type of event wouldn't even happen. You were once a noob just like everyone at that event. Noobs are what keep industries growing. I think there were more noobs at the Chi event than OG drift fans... which is perfectly fine and great for the industry.

Comment

Mad props to the local shops at the event... Not sure if you understood what I was originally saying. It was very impressive seeing them out in full force reppin an event like this. It makes the actual D1GP "sponsors" look pretty pathetic in my opinion... (and this is just my opinion so dont take it personally...)

Comment

Something is lost in translation. I think he did not understand the rules for D1-USA, vs D1 Japan...He felt there should have been a one more time.

Comment

I'm thinking Tanaka felt the judges were being biased when they changed the ruling. I wasn't there. I didn't see the run, but Kumakubo seemed to think it was a 5.5 to 4.5 in Wangs favor, which normally, would be a call for a one more time.

And if I read it correctly, they'd already gone through a "one more time"? But if D1GP usa rules allow only 1 OMT, then they would've had to pick Forrest.

So giving Tanaka the benefit of the doubt, he probably didn't realize they had to pick a winner at that point. And if I was in his position, I'd feel cheated too.

However, I still think it was bad sportsmanship to throw a fit like that (although I would've loved to be there to see it ). And that, in my opinion, is what set off the chain of events leading to Kumakubo's refusal to compete and Nomuken's stalling.

If you see your team mate screaming foul, you'd join him of course.

Plus, I bet it's a big shot to the pride to be beaten by "some punk American kid" :P

Comment

My D1 short version:

2000 mile drive there.
                              Work like a donkey.
                              Event setup better than Anaheim.
                              Vendor/Carshow better than Miami.
                              Concessions cheaper than Anaheim.
                              Daigo loses out in the top 8.
                              Hard and sad day for me & Good Ink.
                              Forrest killed it.
                              Surprised a lot of people.
                              Some who weren't too happy.
                              Finnish course marshall..sprained/cracked/broken foot from Japanese Advan.
                              Course worker almost run over by a Subaru.
                              Unbelievable behavior.
                              Too much down time.
                              Judging was honest.
                              Happy Forrest, sore Tanaka and Nomuken.
                              Forrest now sponsored by Good Ink Clothing.
                              2000 mile drive back home.

Enough said.
                              Last edited by ALI's DRIFT GARAGE; 08-05-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALI's DRIFT GARAGE View Post
                                My D1 short version:

2000 mile drive there.
                                Work like a donkey.
                                Event setup better than Anaheim.
                                Vendor/Carshow better than Miami.
                                Concessions cheaper than Anaheim.
                                Daigo loses out in the top 8.
                                Hard and sad day for me & Good Ink.
                                Forrest killed it.
                                Surprised a lot of people.
                                Some who weren't too happy.
                                Finnish course marshall..sprained/cracked/broken foot from Japanese Advan.
                                Course worker almost run over by a Subaru.
                                Unbelievable behavior.
                                Too much down time.
                                Judging was honest.
                                Happy Forrest, sore Tanaka and Nomuken.
                                Forrest now sponsored by Good Ink Clothing.
                                2000 mile drive back home.

Enough said.
                                course worker almost run over by subaru?!

course marshall with a sprained / cracked / broken foot?!

care to explain more? the only injury i've heard of about a course worker prior to this was the broken foot from the worker in Chicago who had a 4-ton krail move onto his foot after a car crashed into it because he was standing too close to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X