No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) D1 GRAND PRIX August 1, 2009 - Chicago, IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To you? No, I've got nothing I have or will ever have to explain to you, you have got to be one of the worst s#!t talkers on this forum and I personally don't care much for you. But all will be revealed soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ALI's DRIFT GARAGE View Post
      To you? No, I've got nothing I have or will ever have to explain to you, you have got to be one of the worst s#!t talkers on this forum and I personally don't care much for you. But all will be revealed soon enough.

Oh Snap!

Comment

Originally posted by ALI's DRIFT GARAGE View Post
        I don't want to bring them up.....but f*ck, that last sentence sounds like the Drift Avengers. What are you supposed to reveal? Some dirt on Slapshot's journalistic skills?

Comment

Yeah, kinda, but no, just a press release on what happened to a few of the Japanese drivers, that's all.

Comment

please no bashing

Comment

LOL. Jacob gets, umm, I believe the term is , "pwned".

I spoke to a friend at D1GP. Apparently, they are well aware of all of the issues and they'll be addressing the matters publicly.

How did the drift box situation work out? I haven't heard anything more on it.
              Last edited by craiglieberman; 08-06-2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by craiglieberman View Post

How did the drift box situation work out? I haven't heard anything more on it.
                It probably sucked *Censored**Censored**Censored* as usual.

Comment

Ali, you crack me up buddy.

Hope to see you soon. Keep up the hard work!

Comment

It was my first experience this weekend with the drift box. I really have nothing negative to say about it. Bill Sherman and I have discussed it, he feels strongly that it is a useful tool. Looking through my list of scores compared to the drift box, its not that far off.

It does allow us to concentrate on watching the driving more, and using our honest opinion.

Comment

So why do you have a job?

lol

Why don't they just use it for data purposes only and not factored in as a actual score.

Like i said before, I would like to see a short wheel based car score high on that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                        So why do you have a job?

lol

Why don't they just use it for data purposes only and not factored in as a actual score.

Like i said before, I would like to see a short wheel based car score high on that thing.
                        TRUE! Seriously...let's strap a drift box onto a go-kart and see what kind of results it can display/data-log. Let's compare it with the results of ANY car. Surely, the go-kart can be a representative of ANY short wheelbase car.

I do believe that the drift box can be used for data purposes only. It should not yet be factored in as an actual score because of all the "questions" people still have with it.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
                          I don't want to bring them up.....but f*ck, that last sentence sounds like the Drift Avengers. What are you supposed to reveal? Some dirt on Slapshot's journalistic skills?
                          Hahaha...yeah, Slapshot's journalistic skills are all funded by some government somewhere. ;-)

Comment

LOL....I thought Ali was going to expose some unfounded, ridiculous allegations against Slaphot the way the Avengers did D1.

I think Slapshot and Ali have some other beef going on. We need new drama on this forum, so they should settle it online just so we can have something to keep us entertained.

Comment

What I know of the drift box this far:

1. it uses highspeed gps data to acquire speed. Previously this was done with a radar gun.

2. It uses accelerometers to judge gforce and angle.

3. A computer is also used to setup the track. Each part of the track is divided into zones. This allows for each turn to result with a seperate score.

4. The Japanese guys love the drift
                              box. They use it for private testing.

5. Some of the top teams in other drift series use the drift box for testing on practice days. Hard data is hard data, and let's the teams tune for the course with comparable data.

I will learn more about it and share the knowledge with all of you. It's actually really reliable as long as we have a good 12v source to tap off of.

Comment

Ironically, I've never met nor talked with Ali previous to this thread. I don't even know what the guy looks like. Sorry, I wish there was more story / drama behind it, but if there is, it's all news to me.

In the meantime, I'm at FD Seattle. Tomorrow is shaping up to be quite a good show.

Comment

Working...
                                X