No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) D1 GRAND PRIX August 1, 2009 - Chicago, IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit up Ali's Drift Garage on this thread. I'm sure he will handle it for you...

Comment

Originally posted by lex-fiend View Post

As far as team orange, what pissed off tanaka was the fact that Forrest Wang was barreling out of the grid and running side-by-side into the first corner, and the judges did nothing about it. In the drivers meeting, Tsuchiya told the drivers to give each other space because of the long, but narrow staight away in order to enter the corner fairly. Wang didn't do that from my point of view. That's why Kumakubo refused to run, they weren't enforcing ALL the rules.

Have you read the forrest interview with vegas drift

Lead Run
      FW: As I qualified 2nd I was supposed to lead but Tanaka bullied his way into the lead position.
      I followed him really well, at times during the run we were within a foot, he got away and then I sucked back up

Follow Run
      FW: I gapped him by 2 car lengths. The judging panel I guess agreed that there must have been a starting error, and they called One More Time.
      We did the one more time – he followed me well, and then on my follow I was almost rubbing his car. This is where things got strange.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        Have you read the forrest interview with vegas drift
        Yes I did, and of course both are going to point a finger at the other driver. As I stated in my post, Wang didn't do that from my point of view, and I had a pretty good view, see:
        The Starting Grid

Wang was the bully.

Comment

well if wang quald second and tanaka took the lead wouldn't wang have to be some sort of bully to get his lead back?

Comment

Forrest should have won. It seemed like a lot of people in the crowd wanted Nomuken to win, but I think it was just cuz of who he is. On the second run the judges even said that Wang scored the best run of the entire event. But overall it was a good event, a lot of local shops were out so that was good. Hope they come back next year but I doubt it.

Comment

Thanks Ali!

I posted earlier about an issue with D1GP tickets... Today Ali (Ali's Drift Garage) called me to clear this up and take care of the issue for me. I wanted to thank the person that posted his info for me and most of all thank Ali for his legit customer service! Thanks again to all who helped me get to the bottom of this!

Comment

Working...
              X