New RWD vehicles from GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tsunami
    I need an HSV Maloo really bad. Think 400 horses, 6ft bed, independent suspension, 6 gears, and awesome looks.
    I hear that. Modernized El Camino drifting!

Ford Australia also produces a Falcon 4 door that comes with a Turbo I6 or a V8 making up to 390 HP. Why do the Aussies get all the cars that sound so American? (ie V8 RWD)

Comment

Thanks...but yea I actually modified a picture to make it look like auto modilista. Back before the game came out I started doing that with photoshop. So far I've only been able to do cars and cartoon charecters. I've tried humans but could never pull it off. O_o

Comment

That's awesome!
        And, eh, who cares about humans, they're boring anyway. Cars generally have much more personality.

If I were to ask really, really nice someday, could you do something like that for me? I'm planning a website, and though it's far from realization, I think it'd be cool to have something cel-shaded up there.

No pressure, no sweat.

Comment

I like the Kappa platform, and I think its really something that GM needs to stay competative. The only really inspiring cars they offer here in the States are the Corvette, XLR, and maybe the GTO and CTS-V. The Solstice would really boost GM's image, and would be a domestic challenger worthy of the MX-5. The Curve is just a little odd looking, more like a design study with Seat front styling than a car from our plastic-bodied, FWD friends at Saturn. Compaired with the other two, the Nomad looks a little bland, sorta like it was an afterthought. The one bad thing about Kappa tho, it would replace my favorite car, the Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220, which is currently based off the Lotus Elise platform. Kappa would be much cheaper for GM to use than Lotus, so inevitably those cars would switch to Kappa. The Vauxhall Lightning concept was based off of it, and altho it looks very good, I dont think it compares with the clean lines and presence of the VX220 which it would replace, if made.

Lightning:
          http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...308_news_vaux/

VX220:
          http://www.vx220london.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ToplessFC3Sman
            Compaired with the other two, the Nomad looks a little bland, sorta like it was an afterthought.
            Yeah, I'll agree it's a little bland but it's supposed to evoke the look of the mid-fifties ('54?) Motorama Nomad Concept Car which combined a '53 Corvette front end with a wagon rear. If you look at the new Nomad you definately see first gen 'Vette.

Comment

yea, I picked up on that... but even when compared to the '54 concept, its lacking a bit of visual flair

Comment

I love the Lightning........it's so much hotter than the Solstice's bubbly shape. Maybe one day putting "EDM" bodywork on Solstices will be all the rage.

It's interesting that you bring up the VX220. We almost got that car about 5 years ago when Vauxhall and Opel were roadtetsting their prototypes. GM thought about bringing it here as an entry-level sports car for under 19 grand. The spy shots were gorgeous: curvy with vents and fender flares......yum yum. They tried it 2 years later but it didn't make it. So what happens? Instead of getting an affordable American sports car we now have the pleasure of drooling over a Japanese-powered Elise (essentially the same car as the VX220) that only the rich can afford. *Sigh*

Comment

Working...
                X