No announcement yet.

XTREME DRIFT CIRCUIT, PRO-AM Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been informed that some of these event locations will only be a car show setup

EXAMPLE; San diego (car show) LA (drifting/car show) im assuming Irwindale

Comment

cali speedway or bust... if not perris fairgrounds

Comment

did u really just say perris fairgrounds?

its a parking lot and a very small one at that. Im down for irwindale or cali speedway infield.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          i rather sit on a milk crate then one of those

I had a ultrashield in my spec miata, fellt like crap lol. Especialy after many laps, buy a status FIA seat.
          How much do they usually run for? I'd like to spend less than $300 a seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
            How much do they usually run for? I'd like to spend less than $300 a seat.
            LOL FIA seat for under 300 mabey used....mabey

if FIA isnt a standard in the series i say go for the momo start... anything beats ultrashield IMO

mind you im a 21 year old with a strange back problem.

and perris has a decent parking lot and toooons of space for a car show

Hours drive from SD and LA (same as fontana) so everyone can come.

Comment

LOL FIA seat for under 300 mabey used....mabey

if FIA isnt a standard in the series i say go for the momo start... anything beats ultrashield IMO
              Which has been my problem. $400 for a seat is bit much and Ultrashield, Kirkey, and Butler seats have been used for years with no problems. If the SCCA and NASA can find a way to use their seats, someone else should be able to, too.

Comment

http://www.saferacer.com

SafeRacer has some good deals on seats. Might want to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by socalwrench View Post
                  http://www.saferacer.com

SafeRacer has some good deals on seats. Might want to check them out.
                  I was looking at that Sprint 5 that they have. They offer free shipping, too. Anyone know how wide it is?

Comment

In my oppinion this is kinda unjust. Any team who put together a budget to run a full series and placed in the top 3 or 4 shouldnt have to attended a 7th event just to recieve a pro licence. In my eyes anyone who is able to do that should automaticly be licenced for the pros next year.

Send the other 12 of the top 16 out to the pro am, along with others who ran in other local championship series or qualifiers. I hope FD sees this as a chance to let the grassroots decide who is ready to step up to their level. What is 3 spots too series who has trouble filling all 32 spots at a event (Seatle).
                    I so agree. There was a lot of florida drivers that couldnt make finals this year cause it was changed all the way to irwindale.

Comment

mars..the original event was planned for phoenix..whats the difference?? they could afford to drive to phoenix..but not an extra 200 ish miles?

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                        mars..the original event was planned for phoenix..whats the difference?? they could afford to drive to phoenix..but not an extra 200 ish miles?
                        Well, if your tow vehicle only gets 10 MPG, you have a 25 gallon tank, and travel 2319 miles (leaving from Petersburg, VA) you have to make 19 stops for gas round trip. Diesel is around $3/gal, so that's $75 per stop, $1425 round trip.

Irwindale, on the other hand, is 2621 miles one way. That's 21 stops round trip. At $75 per stop, that's now $1575 round trip and $125 more in travel costs. That's an extra set of used tires and wheels, a weekend at a hotel plus food, or extra fuel for your drift car (100 Octane is, roughly what $6.50 a gallon? So that's nearly an extra 20 gallons).

So, that's pretty understandable to say, "I really can't afford to go that far." Understand, these are rough estimates using Diesel fuel, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                          Well, if your tow vehicle only gets 10 MPG, you have a 25 gallon tank, and travel 2319 miles (leaving from Petersburg, VA) you have to make 19 stops for gas round trip. Diesel is around $3/gal, so that's $75 per stop, $1425 round trip.

Irwindale, on the other hand, is 2621 miles one way. That's 21 stops round trip. At $75 per stop, that's now $1575 round trip and $125 more in travel costs. That's an extra set of used tires and wheels, a weekend at a hotel plus food, or extra fuel for your drift car (100 Octane is, roughly what $6.50 a gallon? So that's nearly an extra 20 gallons).

So, that's pretty understandable to say, "I really can't afford to go that far." Understand, these are rough estimates using Diesel fuel, too.
                          However.... at the point where you're already spending $1400 in fuel (probably closer to $1800 in overall costs) and 4 days traveling round trip for a once-per-year chance to make your dreams come true by becoming a licensed Formula D driver, what's an extra 6 hours of travel and $150 in fuel costs?!

If you can't survive a 10% change in budget, you probably shouldn't be drifting.

Comment

plus your hotel and food cost should already be factored into your pro am budget if you plan to go, seeing as thats money thats going to be spent no matter what. irwindale or phoenix, your prolly getting a hotel...and your most likely going to eat something, no matter what city your in

Comment

more reason why we should have this series

if you can put together and perform well in a lesser series you are ready for the pros!

i thought the "Quest for the Sword" event was the east coast pro am?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                                If you can't survive a 10% change in budget, you probably shouldn't be drifting.
                                If the change was well before (like two to three months before the final event, especially in our economy), then, yes you are right. But a month before, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X