Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTREME DRIFT CIRCUIT, PRO-AM Series

Quoted from Urban Racer

The team behind this series includes some of the former staff that assisted with the production of the D1GP USA series last year, who were heavily involved with Hot Import Nights for years. While we've seen many series come and go in the past with names like XDL, WDC, Drift Car America, and NOPI, this one is said to be affiliated with Formula D and won't directly compete as a top-tier professional drifting series but be more of a stepping stone for up-and-comers. With details still to come, we're glad that someone has actually stepped up to the plate and formally worked out a deal directly with FD to try and bring up the next generation of drivers.
    Some good news here folks...

Looks like the ex 2009 D1gp USA are putting this together for the privateers and "up-and-comers". Working alongside with FD!

Is this once again the fall of D1gp USA?

I'm hyped up for this... if the XDC guys need any help or advice no matter what feel free to PM me.

"...this one is said to be affiliated with Formula D"

Hopefully so.
    I'd have to assume nothing is set in stone with FD, otherwise I'm sure something would have been at least mentioned at the Press Conference on Wednesday.

We'll see what happens.

Comment

Sounds good!!! hopefully it will cover a wide area as well so that we can all benefit from it! EAST AND WEST COAST!

Comment

really excited to see how this turns out

Comment

Who is organizing the events? How is this going to be different from Proam? Will it require cross country traveling just to keep up with points for a championship? Most grassroots drivers can't afford multiple out of state events.

Comment

This just hit my inbox....

XTREME DRIFT CIRCUIT FORMED FOR 2010
            -Nationwide drifting championship will showcase rising drift stars and feature lifestyle events
            across the country

November 9, 2008 (Tustin, Calif.) -- With an eye on developing the future drifting stars of America, the Xtreme
            Drift Circuit has been formed and will kick off its first championship season in 2010.

As the professional drifting landscape has progressed, there has been a groundswell of drivers that have the
            potential to compete at the highest levels of the sport but haven’t had the chance to demonstrate their potential.
            The XDC will offer these drivers a chance to shine with a championship series that will be run to professional
            standards and will subsidize the costs of competition to the drivers – making the XDC a professional drifter’s
            first step to achieving their dreams.

The XDC will be an affiliate series of the Formula Drift Pro Championship, placing the winner of each event into
            the Pro-Am Nationals at the end of the season. The top three drivers in the season championship will also have
            a spot in the Pro-Am Nationals, providing an elevated avenue of competition for drivers who cannot yet make
            the jump from regional competition into a professional national series.

In the way that auto racing series have feeder series – such as the Nationwide Series in NASCAR, and Indy
            Lights for IndyCar – XDC will become the proving grounds for drifting’s future stars.

“The goal of the XDC is not to compete with established professional drifting championships, such as Formula
            Drift,” said Michael Munar, president of the XDC. “Rather, our series will feature Pro-Am drivers who aim to
            someday become Formula Drift champions. Not only will they compete in a professionally run and managed
            championship, but they will receive other benefits including promotion, media training, car transport, and
            sponsorship assistance.”

The Xtreme Drift Circuit’s 2010 schedule will be announced in the coming weeks, and will feature venues across
            the United States that are hotbeds of drifting activity. Every XDC event will be a full scale festival featuring
            drifting, a car show, vendor row, stunt bike demos, a model search, and live stage entertainment produced
            by the team that led Hot Import Nights at its peak.

USDrift will be charged with staffing and managing the drift events, including course events, drivers meetings,
            rulebook, judging, technical inspections and course management.

“This format will essentially give competitors two destinies to strive for, the PRO/AM level and the Formula Drift
            level,” said Mike Schneider, head judge of USDrift. “Some drivers don’t particularly care to be a professional,
            but at least if they did dominate in the PRO/AM level, there’s always that opportunity for them to do so.”

The series will be unveiling its 2010 season schedule in the coming weeks.

ABOUT XTREME DRIFT CIRCUIT
            The XDC is the country’s premier national Pro-Am drifting championship, featuring a six-round championship
            with the rising stars of professional drifting set in a full-scale lifestyle festival.
            For more information, visit www.xtremedriftcircuit.com.

For all media interested in the XDC Tour, please contact
            Efrain Olivares, SHIFT Communications, efrain@shiftgroup.net, (818) 254-7196.

For more information on XDC sales and sponsorship opportunities,
            please visit www.xtremedriftcircuit.com, or call (949) 467-9015.

Comment

Sounds good so far.

Comment

any idea on venue location and dates??

also, if i read correctly, you have to win the event to goto ProAm at the end of the year?

Comment

The XDC will be an affiliate series of the Formula Drift Pro Championship, placing the winner of each event into
                  the Pro-Am Nationals at the end of the season. The top three drivers in the season championship will also have
                  a spot in the Pro-Am Nationals, providing an elevated avenue of competition for drivers who cannot yet make
                  the jump from regional competition into a professional national series
                  In my oppinion this is kinda unjust. Any team who put together a budget to run a full series and placed in the top 3 or 4 shouldnt have to attended a 7th event just to recieve a pro licence. In my eyes anyone who is able to do that should automaticly be licenced for the pros next year.

Send the other 12 of the top 16 out to the pro am, along with others who ran in other local championship series or qualifiers. I hope FD sees this as a chance to let the grassroots decide who is ready to step up to their level. What is 3 spots too series who has trouble filling all 32 spots at a event (Seatle).

Comment

Cool. Well I guess we will wait till the schedule info comes out. Then I have a few more questions about the "assistance" they are talking about. PLUS I want to see their rule book too
                    Last edited by B.Young; 11-09-2009, 02:44 PM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Im assuming cars must be FormulaD legal as it is a feeder series?

also blaze1 i cant agree more

Comment

Hopefully, a rulebook will be out before I modify my pickup frame. Any time-line on a rulebook?

Comment

i was informed it is the SAME as proam right now

Comment

I guess I'll have to find the ProAm rules.

**EDIT**
                            Found them, thanks to google, but from what I'm reading, I won't be able to notch the frame like I want to. Truck can ride 1 to maybe 2 inches lower than stock without the notches. Can't do a "traditional" or "stock floor" body drop either. Really kills my lowering options.

Also, can I change from leaf springs to a "truck-arm" according to this rule:

"8.3.2 Suspension Design
                            The basic OEM suspension design type may be freely modified. The original suspension mounting “pick-up points” must remain in the stock, unmodified location."
                            Last edited by Justin Banner; 11-09-2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I know pickups aren't allowed at all in FD, so why would you want to go thru pro-am in a chassis that you know you'll have to change if you get a license??

I really think you should give up the truck idea. I know you're trying to be mr cool guy, but it's really not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X