BMI Racing Needs Your Support for Formula Drift R3 New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1. Always bet on black.

#2. The idea of brian driving his own is interesting but...
    All his current sponsors prolly are not represented by the car, sure he could put the stickers, but its not the same sometimes to that company. They want their products on display to see too. Also, there has been quite a few rule updates since last year, that might make his cage illegal, and he needs to add the LED front and now rear lights (dai's no tailight issue at Atlanta made a new rule). There might be more to fix also.

#3. I understand JSPFab but in the end, sometimes you gotta try to do whatever you can. If I sponsored that car in a 12-month program, I'd like this sort of 'do anything' to get there. Other sponsors might feel akward thinking they sponsored a 'low-budget' team but its racing. There are no guarantees, and BMI is pulling out all the stops to get back on the right track. Unexpected costs can take you from sitting on a cushion of budget, to in the hole. I had this same issue recently (still suffering from it) and it sucks hard.

Comment

Originally posted by boxmod View Post
      #1. Always bet on black.

#2. The idea of brian driving his own is interesting but...
      All his current sponsors prolly are not represented by the car, sure he could put the stickers, but its not the same sometimes to that company. They want their products on display to see too. Also, there has been quite a few rule updates since last year, that might make his cage illegal, and he needs to add the LED front and now rear lights (dai's no tailight issue at Atlanta made a new rule). There might be more to fix also.
      Are you referring to Brian's own sponsors, or the "sponsors" for BMI. I'm only putting it in quotes because they claim to have no financial support (honestly no offence). If its Brian's sponsors which are mostly east coast based companies, they would get there bang for there buck sponsoring him in his hometown. And we are talking about Wilkerson, he can borrow a car at anytime and works for one of the best shops on the east coast. If he acts now I'm pretty sure he can get something ready legally.

Comment

im talking about the parts/sponsors for the BMI Rx8 that are the ones who are expecting 2010 exposure. im sure wilkerson can get something ready. as far as the financial backing thing, I personally have 14 sponsors, not one of which gives any money. Like EastCoastBash for me... I could have just went to hang out and maybe got some runs in someone elses car, and got pics and videos- but that does none of my sponsors any good. Then it becomes a waste of budget in the idea that instead of going there I could have put that money into an event or 2 with MY car.

you have to treat brian and that car as one in the same for major events. its not impossible for brian to use a different car and clear it with all sides before doing so however, this thread was made by BMI for BMI's car, not Brian for Brian. They want Brian to do some sweet driving for sure, but they want THEIR car to be the one he is in. If they fail toget budget, maybe we will see Brian in something, just for the sake of competition and his own personal name.

Comment

Doesn't selling spots on the vehicle for $5-100 a slot reduce the value of the marketing of the existing sponsors? These companies negotiated product/cash for specific locations on the car. I would assume that one important thing for sponsors is that people can see their logos on the car. if you have names all over it, then it starts to look like a flea market. Logos get lost very easily and reduces the effectiveness and the value of these sponsorships. This could potentially hurt BMI in getting sponsors in the long run. Maybe they are doing this in desperation because they have obligations or have make promises to their sponsors and/or their driver.

This is a tough situation to be in. Hopefully some money will fall out of a tree or something...

Comment

$1560 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Wolverine View Post
              Doesn't selling spots on the vehicle for $5-100 a slot reduce the value of the marketing of the existing sponsors? These companies negotiated product/cash for specific locations on the car. I would assume that one important thing for sponsors is that people can see their logos on the car. if you have names all over it, then it starts to look like a flea market. Logos get lost very easily and reduces the effectiveness and the value of these sponsorships. This could potentially hurt BMI in getting sponsors in the long run. Maybe they are doing this in desperation because they have obligations or have make promises to their sponsors and/or their driver.

This is a tough situation to be in. Hopefully some money will fall out of a tree or something...
              they arent putting banners on, its just a small sticker for each person... for one event or something. the sponsors that gave bigger contributions are year-round, and bigger, and im sure will be a HELL of a lot happier being in NJ instead of in the garage in Cali either way.

Comment

"qualified 30th"

Comment

I think they got a chance of beating Dai.

Comment

This car sounded great when I watched it on driftstream. Good luck guys.

Comment

hey they qualified, sweet!

Comment

Wow!!! What an event!!
                        Big thank you to everyone that supported, whether it was through a contribution or just wishing us good luck. We qualified 30th, and had the 3rd fastest MPH in the second sector of the track.
                        Brian did an awesome job out the there, and the car ran flawlessly, during practice Brian would run a lap, give us the thumbs up and run it again, and again.
                        Unfortunately we had a bent lower control arm from an impact with the wall (pictures of the control arm are on facebook) during Top 32 practice on saturday, we didn't have quite enough time to fix it, but did the best we could - and Brian did well to drive it in that state.
                        Thanks again to everyone that has been involved!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BMIRacing View Post
                          Wow!!! What an event!!
                          Big thank you to everyone that supported, whether it was through a contribution or just wishing us good luck. We qualified 30th, and had the 3rd fastest MPH in the second sector of the track.
                          Brian did an awesome job out the there, and the car ran flawlessly, during practice Brian would run a lap, give us the thumbs up and run it again, and again.
                          Unfortunately we had a bent lower control arm from an impact with the wall (pictures of the control arm are on facebook) during Top 32 practice on saturday, we didn't have quite enough time to fix it, but did the best we could - and Brian did well to drive it in that state.
                          Thanks again to everyone that has been involved!!!!!

Great Job guys!.. also Brian's interview will be up on the driftstream2010 site by tomorrow

Comment

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xuGgh0rAzRU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xuGgh0rAzRU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

I think kyle is still running 13b REW

Cool interview.

Comment

i think kyle has 20b

Comment

Working...
                                X