the predictions on this thread are not limited to competition results
      Ex. new cars, ect.

Comment

Well new cars kinda depend on scrutiny

But anywho just some light predictions

-FD teams/drivers decrease

-XDC Teams/driver increase

-New FD venues will be "questionable"

-American fans and drivers will turn on the foreigners because "THEIR TAKIN OUR JAAWWWBS"

-D1 will stick there nose in again and announce a series of 6 rounds but in reality we are either gonna get 4 lame rounds like in 2009 or 2 good rounds like we have seen in the past.

-Sam and Rhys will be back to dominate the series like they have done in the past. With "I love haters" stickers on their back bumpers.

There is still alot to work out though, no one knows what the TV deal looks like for 2011.Schedule is up in the air, and the rumors with the rule book look like they have the potential to wipe out alot of teams hopes. Come march things will be alot more clear.

Comment

Tuerck is going to be the season champ

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post

-Sam and Rhys will be back to dominate the series like they have done in the past. With "I love haters" stickers on their back bumpers.
            not a chance

Comment

2011 will be Dai's year (has to be considering how well he did)

Hankook will begin to creep into Falken's points territory with more Top 5's, making 2011 a tire dog fight rather than a tire war.

I think the Hankook GT-R and Robbie Nishida will be the surprise performance of 2011 (considering how poorly the car did do).

And I will make a personal prediction, I feel that I will be at a few more events for 2011, camera and microphone in hand!

Comment

bold prediction on robbie being in the gt-r in 2011

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                  not a chance
                  Well some of the "new rule" rumors are right up both teams alleys

Comment

Well some of the "new rule" rumors are right up both teams alleys
                    what rules? I don't see Sam or Rhys getting past any of the top 5 as long as they are in consistant rides. Tanner Foust, Ryan Tuerck, Daijiro Yoshihara, Darren McNamara, Chris Forsberg and Vaughn Gittin have consistantly kicked there asses for the past what 4 years.

My prediction is Conrad Grunewald will have the Camaro figured out and will be a dominant player.

Comment

what rules? I don't see Sam or Rhys getting past any of the top 5 as long as they are in consistant rides. Tanner Foust, Ryan Tuerck, Daijiro Yoshihara, Darren McNamara, Chris Forsberg and Vaughn Gittin have consistantly kicked there asses for the past what 4 years.

My prediction is Conrad Grunewald will have the Camaro figured out and will be a dominant player.

The car weight to tire width rule

Rumor has it that sub 2500lb cars will be limited to a 255 width tire

Sam's car s very heavy so even if they implement even a 10% rule he probably wont be going down much in tire width, I think hes running 305s? And for crying out loud they built the car in like 3 months, imagine what they can do with a full off season.

Rhys Millen battled weight issues with the car all season, I'm not too sure how much it weighs but with a stock curb weight of around 3300 pounds I'm sure he will being sighing with relief knowing ASDs cars (just a example) which all weigh around the 2500 mark will be forced to downsize in tire grip.

I think the Hankook GT-R and Robbie Nishida will be the surprise performance of 2011 (considering how poorly the car did do).

Was gruppe-s or any of their cars at sema? They haven't even updated their blog with any drift related information since Vegas! If you check out Robbie Nishida's blog (which is funny and heartwarming) he doesn't mention drifting much at all but it also doesn't seem like he is stressing about anything too much. I know me and that team have had our feuds, but I truly hope they come back in 2010 rather it be with their old drivers or not. They ran a tight ship in 2009, they still got potential.

Comment

The car weight to tire width rule

Rumor has it that sub 2500lb cars will be limited to a 255 width tire

Sam's car s very heavy so even if they implement even a 10% rule he probably wont be going down much in tire width, I think hes running 305s? And for crying out loud they built the car in like 3 months, imagine what they can do with a full off season.

Rhys Millen battled weight issues with the car all season, I'm not too sure how much it weighs but with a stock curb weight of around 3300 pounds I'm sure he will being sighing with relief knowing ASDs cars (just a example) which all weigh around the 2500 mark will be forced to downsize in tire grip.

Was gruppe-s or any of their cars at sema? They haven't even updated their blog with any drift related information since Vegas! If you check out Robbie Nishida's blog (which is funny and heartwarming) he doesn't mention drifting much at all but it also doesn't seem like he is stressing about anything too much. I know me and that team have had our feuds, but I truly hope they come back in 2010 rather it be with their old drivers or not. They ran a tight ship in 2009, they still got potential.
                        Wow I think that's an awesome rule!

Comment

Wow I think that's an awesome rule!
                          Really, that fan in me doesn't.

I like fast,gangster,smokey,big angle, booty first runs...skinny tires don't provide that.

Comment

Really, that fan in me doesn't.

I like fast,gangster,smokey,big angle, booty first runs...skinny tires don't provide that.
                            Maybe it takes away some of the incentive for high torque v8 swaps.

Comment

Well, if they weren't at SEMA, that doesn't mean they won't be compeating in 2011 (trust me, a 50'x50' booth at SEMA was in the neighborhood of $50K or more if you didn't have to hook up air or electricity, from what I've been told). The only reason I say that is I don't feel that Robbie is a pick-up-and-leave because times are bad kind of guy. I feel that he would have to be kicked out or the team fades into the beyond. If Gruppe-S has gone away, then my prediction is wrong, oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X