Drifting/ New Series on SPIKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The head of John Kerry.

Won't sell it. Got a clock with that on it too. Found it on EBay.
    Check there only they are high. Old school decks are insane. Especially the Gator, after he killed that girl with a steering club and buried her in a surf bag. Ack.

I do freestyle bikes too. Restore and rebuild them. You wouldn't believe what they go for. 800 for my old Looptail Ripper. That's a coilover set-up there my man. Sent a 1st year Haro Master to Germany and a hot pink Performer to Japan. Trickstars (USA stars), Quadangles and PK Rippers are bog money, Hutch Pro-Stars are also. The Hutch 3 piece cranks are over 1000 for a crappy set. The main crank bolt has gone for over 500 bucks before. Those cranks sucked too. Always broke.

Happy hunting.

Comment

Its hard to add on what Ghost said, because he said it so well, however i would like to add a few thoughts.

Some one mentioned "when drifting dies" drifting will never die because there will still be guys like putting there car sideways for fun, for the thrill, for the exhileration of it all. Even if magazines dont cover it, and people dont make parts for it, and the 240sx and 86 become unpopular, there will still be guys like me out there, guys who were trying to drift there 240sx long before they realized how mainstream it was getting.

As long as there are guys doing it for fun, guys will continue to make parts. Maybe AEM wont have a special drift line of intakes or something but, there will still be guys out there. And they will meet up, and do it together and have fun.

You have to understand mainstream attention is cool and all, but it really doesnt effect my drifting. It effects maybe what parts i can buy. But buying parts and upgrading ones car is only a small part, 90 percent of drifting is technique and practice, one man alone with his car trying to get better. The same thing goes to our friends who like to grip or drift the moutains. If theres a d1, that cool, i will go out and drift, if theres no D1, thats cool, i will still drift.

So might as well enjoy the popularity and the coverage while its around right? its cool and all, but it wont change my drifting any.

Comment

Oh come one Ghost..... Gleaming the Cube was awesome... and you know it....

but in all seriousness you hit the nail on the head with your rant there....

TF

Comment

I would tend to agree with you Ghost if it were'nt for supply and demand. I mean, if the people are hounding for it like the "I GOTTA HAVE ALL JDM PARTS ON MY CAR" then naturally it gets WAY more expensive, almost outrageously expensive. But what I think needs to happen is having japanese or even american companies COMPETING for our dollar which inevitably brings prices down.

Hell I'm not a jdm freak, I'll take the cheapest ,best made part regardless of where it comes from.

All we can hope is that some of the smaller companies in japan start bringing thier products over. I wouldn't mind having RE Amemiya, R magic, Pan Speed or Fujita Engineering come over and open up shops. But, of course they won't come to the East coast and they'd stay in California which suxxxxxxxx.

I mean seriously 1 takata 4 point harness? 350 dollars!!! you want shoulder pads??? 90 dollars for a pair!!......a pair!!! if you wanted both seats that would be close to 1000$ worth of seatbelt!! and two front fenders from SanAi flared with a little vent 1300 dollars!!!!! For 2 frickin fiberglass fenders!!! and one more thing 2 Re Amemiya mirrors 760 god d4mn dollars!!! maybe Im crazy but that seems like price gouging to me.

Okay I'm done.

Comment

I don't think that drifting will stay mainstream like road racing or drag racing will, simply because of the talent you have to develop. But still I don't think that drifting has hit it's peak becasue it hasn't surfaced here in the midwest yet. I hope the sport will grow so I can actually meet some guys and see some real drifting in person. (I NEED to see DriftSession really bad!!).

I can agree that alot of people will give up do to the difficulty. For me I've had to put my drifting dreams on hold due to the simple fact that Miyoki does not like to drift and I can't afford to wreck her. (yeah I love my car so much I named it ) Togue on the other hand is a different story. There's nothing better than running down a twisty road with your favorite song on the radio and the cool spring air flowing past you.

Anyway guys I hope drifting stays alive so one day I can slide a 5.0 alongside CrazyHawaiian or Touge run with V8Bosozuko

Comment

Originally posted by baboon's a$$

I mean seriously 1 takata 4 point harness? 350 dollars!!! you want shoulder pads??? 90 dollars for a pair!!......a pair!!! if you wanted both seats that would be close to 1000$ worth of seatbelt!! and two front fenders from SanAi flared with a little vent 1300 dollars!!!!! For 2 frickin fiberglass fenders!!! and one more thing 2 Re Amemiya mirrors 760 god d4mn dollars!!! maybe Im crazy but that seems like price gouging to me.

encouragement to learn how to make this stuff yourself. More then half my car is made of bondo. Just last week a friend of mine got tried of paying 800 dollars for qurtar panels on his work truck(an american vehicle). So he made his own fenders out of sheet metal and bondo which cost less then $100, And with the renforcements he put in they''l last longer then fiberglass ever could. Not to mention they look a hell of alot better.

Comment

that is true. I do make some of my own stuff like brackets and exhausts....small stuff but, right now I lack money to get all the badass tools I want to get. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                X