Saying Goodbye...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there's any light in this, it's this:

Through extraordinary circumstances, I lost my 87 mr2. this is what she looked like:

The original Pearl Blue Soul

Beautiful car, I was ][<--this close to finishing her. In the last 6 months I lived in ATL, GA I had unavoidable and unsurmountable circumstances force me to sell her and be away from MR2s. I needed to get something else for a while. I had a passion for that car like you would not believe and it too consumed me to the point of nearly full exclusion of everything else.

I bought a honda civic after that, then when I moved to CA 6 months after (and finished school, a 5th year senior, no thanks to my car), I bought a 62 cadillac Deville.

It was with this car I toned down a bit and began learning my new surroundings. Later on, I went to south africa, came back, and picked up a motorcycle. a lil 250cc ninja. the cadillac rarely got driven and I wanted a different car. So, Initially I looked into AE86es and S13s, but decided they were out of my budget....then, I found my current 85 MR2. I bought it, and within a year and a half, I now have this:

The successor: Pearl Blue Soul II

I have now finished my project and am moving on to drifting, now selling this car.

All that only to say, don't give up hope. Just because you lost one car doesn't mean you can't build another one. And, chances are, you'll get it done right the next time 'round. Get your grades together, get your priorities straight, and then come back and build yourself another canyon blaster.

Life is short, enjoy the ride!

Comment

sorry about your loss. i cant say that its happend to me but i love the ae86 and it must fell *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to have it trashed

Comment

you *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up, thats life. he did the dad thing and taught u a lesson, so time to grow up

Comment

Yeah I know what that means. I've always been a good student but there was a time when I didn't realize how important school was. Now I've sucked it up and am trying to fix my life. I don't agree with what your dad did. He should have said "straighten up or I'm selling it" (words I've heard more than once) instead of torching it without warning. Look at it this way: at least you have the money to get a car. It'll be years before I can afford a 5.0 to play with, so be thankful you have a hotrod!!

p.s. That's a pretty nice 1rst Gen MR2 ya got there

Comment

Working...
          X