ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

with the drifting scene becoming mainstream...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you also have the FC's plus i read some where that in the near future that Scion is going to release a new line of RWD vehicles because most of their input is from younger people and that was one of the questions that was brought up the most, so i would look to see what scion has to offer in a few years if not sooner.

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of smaller coupes.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
        the three?

Skyline GT-S
        300ZX
        Silvia
        180sx
        leopard
        abunch of sedans like 4 of them

man nissan was producing tons of RWD stuff in the 90s. Most of its has been drifted too

oh right you said in america. Well we got a few Infinitis as well that were RWD. but the point is in Japan they had lots of good stuff, so did other manufacturers, but they are dissapearing.
        dont forget the C33 Laurel and the cefiro so hey...that equals out more than three...

Comment

yes the cefiros would be nice. but i am with crashdrive. we need more tracks! and also more/cheaper parts.

Comment

Just like those other two guys said, MORE TRACKS PLEASE.

Comment

I wasn't aware that large 4 door luxo sedans counted as rear drive coupes. Lets just go ahead and add the trucks they made also.

Comment

Re: with the drifting scene becoming mainstream...

Originally posted by PearlBlueSoul
                I'm hoping more RWD compacts come out. I don't think a single US automaker even has a compact RWD out now except something like the S2000
                Well its fairly compact. Its domestic USA and its sports a legendary past. They called it a 'goat'. The 2004 Pontiac GTO. I think it has great promise despite its pricetag of 32k. But then again an EvoVIII or even an old MkIV supra still commands these prices. Heres a summary of its scream sheet...

All features and specifications listed below come standard on the 2004 GTO (unless otherwise specified)

• Engine: All-aluminum 5.7L Gen III LS1 V8 (350hp/365 lb-ft torque)
                *This is a corvette engine and the car can direct fit the 405hp version of this engine too!!!*
                • Transmission choices: 4-speed automatic or available Tremec close-ratio 6-speed manual
                • Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive (55/45 front/rear weight distribution)
                • Axle Ratio: 3.46:1 *w/ Dana LSD!!!*
                • Exhaust: Dual exhaust with chrome dual tips
                • Brakes: Front/rear disc brakes with four-channel ABS
                • Steering: Power-assisted variable ratio rack-and-pinion
                • Front suspension: Independent, MacPherson struts with progressive/variable-rate springs
                • Rear suspension: Independent, semi-trailing link with gas shocks and progressive/variable-rate springs
                • Stabilizer bars: Front 28 mm and Rear 16 mm direct acting
                • Spoiler: Rear, aerodynamic
                • Traction Control: Bosch 3-channel, using combination of throttle, spark, and fuel control *defeatable*
                • Tires: P245/45-R17 W-rated all-season blackwall radials
                • Wheels: 17x8", 5-spoke, satin-silver painted, alloy wheels
                Wheelbase: in 109.8
                Length: in 189.8
                Height: in 54.9
                Track front: in 61.4
                Track rear: in 62.1

I couldnt find weight but as I recall from reading elsewhere it didnt seem too bad. Its got plenty of power stock with more to tap im sure. Who knows, maybe someone will drift one in competition. The Dodge Viper will be an interesting car to battle. I myself will hang on to my ol MkII Supra and continue my saving for an S14. Maybe if I win the lotery....who knows...

Comment

There is absolutely no need to swap in the LS6. The LS1, stock cylender heads can easily support a .500 lift cam. If you feel the need to go more agressive, there are several companies that can put together a relatively docile head and cam package that will easily put 350 horsepower to the wheels. If you really want to go crazy and are rich, the C5-R 7.0 liter race block will bolt right in too. Yep, that's 427 cu. inches.

Comment

Re: Re: with the drifting scene becoming mainstream...

Originally posted by WytKnight
                    \
                    I couldnt find weight but as I recall from reading elsewhere it didnt seem too bad.

This is your only mistake and my only problem with the GTO, The weight it weighs just shy of 4000 lbs, like 3900 territory dry curb weight. I dont know what model or trim level that is, but to be nice im going to assume thats the heaviest version. And sence this always comes up, Yes that is alot heavier then any Skyline (dont ask me why, but someone always says "its only alittle heavier then a skyline") The heaviest skylines GTRs where mid 3400s the G35 which is a kind of skyline and full out with luxury options is about 3500 lbs.

Anyways enough skyline crap.

But yeah there heavy. and not exactly the smallest. Ill try to dig up some pics of it next to the S15 Silvias at the D1, the Silvia isnt a big car, but you can deffenately see the size difference.

But your right Weight and Price. Price is the biggest concern Considering how much more performance the same dollar will buy with a STI or EVO RS (evo RS starts at 27k) They should be comming out with some more powerful versions soon of the GTO, however i would only expect the price to go up from there.

Comment

Working...
                    X