ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little out there but... - Best Game to Drift in? Your Picks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its 200 yen over here...so i say SCREW IT..so i just play ID3 cuz its only 100...my sileighty is getting better..i went to J's in sagamihara and they had Kaido battle chain reaction for 5,999 yen which is approx 60 bucks..i dont care im buying it and getting a flip top...can you find the flip top any where in the states? like near wash DC?

Comment

just order one off a website.

Comment

gt3 by far the best

NFS its full of cheats when you go on-line and the engine stuff is just a joke

auto modelista well its as JDM as it can be for brand names but suffers from *Censored**Censored**Censored*-car-physics and even with a drift set up you will fook it up

Comment

Gt3 is one of the best .oh and I do drift with the controller you just have to make a few more adjustments to settings on your car .also it's easier to drift with manual shifting instead of auto .but I like automodelista on ps2 because you can togue and drift on Initial D courses like akagai and gunma

Comment

Is rokko hill in gunma?

Comment

Markese go to the thread, Kaido Battle, there is a link to where I ordered mine. Hint...I got KB chain reaction off Ebay for 9.99.

Comment

So has anybody played Rallisport Challenge?

Comment

I like GT3. I haven't played any of these others. Until GT4 comes out, GT3 is the best sim out there. I don't really have any money for new games, so I just stick to the tried, tested, and trued GT3. I rented Auto Modelista. The game looks great, but the physics are a joke. That game sucks and is no fun to play at all.

Comment

I have rallisport challenge for computer, and while fun, you dont have control over the cars settings hardly at all. not really good for drifting, at least for me. but the game is very fun.

Comment

I play the Xbox version and there's enough car setup for me. I don't use it at all. Just get teh Nissan Micra. It's great on almost all tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
                        "hold" the cars?
                        I'll try to explain what I meant. In a GT3 drift, the car will rotate freely through any angle in the drift. In LFS the car rotates freely to a certain angle and feels as if it's being held at that angle by an imaginary force.

Comment

Hmm, I don't notice anything like that. It may depend on the controler you use. If it's the keyboard, then there's other factors. The game does "things" to help out keyboarders. If you're using mouse, joystick, or wheel, then there's no assistance. The drift angle will depend on tne amount of throttle, the suspension setup(oversteer, understeer), and how you're turning(tightening, widening). If you don't counter enough, the car will spin out. If you counter too much, it will straighten back out, or whip around. If you're a keyboarder, I know what you're talking about, if not, you'll have to show me cause I've never experienced it in the year I've been drifting in that game.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head. I used a keyboard when I was playing it. If I remember right I dont' think you could turn off the auto countersteer with the keyboard. I've also heard that GT3's physics also become alot more real when you have a wheel. I am wondering though, is there a wheel that will work both for pc and ps2?

Comment

I must say I enjoyed Need For Speed: Underground alot. Interesting game physics, good car design and realism and overall fun-factor. Could have been more "unique" tracks. But overall it does well. I mean they divided a whole area of the game for just drifting...you can't hate that.

Comment

Hehe, NFSU realistic, a lot of sim racers will flame you into next Tuesday for that, lol No NFS series game has been realistic. When 1, 2, and 3 came out, there were revolutionary in PC racing games. 5 pushed realism when they went to a 4 point physics system. I only wish EA games didn't tone down the cars in Porsche Unleashed. They favored ease of driving over realism, their one downfall in my mind. Well, they had two with that one. They also locked the cars so you couldn't edit them like you could all the previous ones. No custom cars and no custom tracks made that game so much more limitted than it could have been. Hot Pursuit 2(NFS6) went back to a 2 point physics system. They lost me as a loyal fan right there. I played the demo of Underground and didn't care for it one bit. To each their own I guess.

Yeah, a wheel for LFS opens up a whole new world from playing with a keyboard. As far as a wheel that will work over cross platforms, check out Act Labs. They may a wheel system that can run on any console or computer. There's a cartridge that you swap out when changing systems. It's not the cheapest wheel, but it's nice from what I've heard. $160 for wheel and 2 pedals, $250 for full racing system, wheel, better 3 pedal system(clutch), and an H pattern shifter as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X