No announcement yet.

does anybody know?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nissanguy is probably right. The way movies work is this. They rarely, if ever use the the sound while filming. They always add it in later. Thats what a sound guy is for, They will take a sample of the sound and then take it to a machine where they will tweak it until the sound guy says "yea thats cool" and then add it in later. Foley artists are the ones that make sounds such as footsteps, glass crashing and what not. Odds are they had a sound guy with a cool little dat machine and a long pole with a fuzzy padded mocrophone on it listen and record at least 6 cars to get the cool base sound they wanted then modified it to meet their standards.

So it may very well have been a Greddy BOV, but good luck finding one to sound exactly like it.

Comment

it's the greddy at high boost. it makes a sound kind of like a bird(hawk, i guess) at low to mid boost and at high boost it sounds like the bird is got run over. well that's what the greddy sounds like to me while i'm driving but yeah... definitely greddy

Comment

im pretty sure that it was nitrous in the movie, cuz there is a guy who has done that do his (please dont hurt me for saying this car) civic around here. the effect looks kewl, but he is just wasting money when he does it(which is alot). i would save the money from that and buy tires

Comment

don't hate. i drive a civic. anyone else can hate all they want. and we're not talking about nitrous. we're talking about blowoffs. i think you are talking about purging.

Comment

Liquid C02 will give the same effect and not cost ya 40 bux for a 10# bottle you can get the mother bottle for that and fill your own. If your into that I wouldnt know nothing about it I would never a a a no mother I am not lieing on the forums

yes mother ok yea I have done it.

you happy mom everybodys going to flame me now

I hate you

Comment

sorry aboot the sounds of hate up there, i like civics, just not the one the guy in my town has, hes a hardcore ricer plus he is mean.

yeah i meant purging aboot the nitrous spray. i kind "drifted" off subject there a little ehh.

Comment

it's official. it's flame season on DX j/k lorin hehe. jooser... it's all good in the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Go
                  You guys are all idiots.

Just because he asked about what kind of BOV is used in the film,
                  you had to turn this thread into a playground mocking the person.

If you can't answer, don't post.

I don't have the answer but my guess is a GReddy BOV (Type R
                  perhaps) since Greddy was one of the major sponsors on the vehicle. Or perhaps it's an HKS SSBOV.
                  Thank you. I know its just from a stupid @$$ movie but it sounds sick as F U C K. I was guessing it was the Greddy.

Comment

Working...
                  X