Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude that really sucks when i blew my first engine i was P.Oed

Comment

Unless someone knows a better option i may end up getting it from heavy throttle, im going to have to sleep on it, but they seem to have the most complete set up. everything you need for 2500 and 200 dollars for shipping is there max quoted shipping price. I still dont know yet though

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
        Well if any Drifting type forum wants advertising space on my car to help pay for engine cost *cough*drifting.com*cough* they would be more then welcome. Any one else too!
        I can get you a KA24DE with LOW miles but you're gunna have to -ing +central

Comment

did you try phase2motortrend

here is the link for there SR20 page and they are located in irwindale

http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2motorsports/test.html

hope this helps you out

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
            a good low millage KA24DE in my area is like finding a 300zx brake upgrade in the junkyard. laughable
            Yeah, Ive looked for both and yeah. Very true for here to. Oh and are you telling me you don't know what's wrong with the car???

Comment

not yet, Mechanics are pretty much sure its going to need a new engine. Im not 100 percent sure until they tell me they have it apart and is holding whatever broke in there hands.

Comment

Well since its your only mode of transportation and you need to get the car running quick (so you can get to work/school), then paying someone to do it is probably the best idea. But if you have other means of transportation to get you where you need to go (catch a ride with someone?), and you only need to fix the car to drift some more, I'd say now is a good time to think about messing with it yourself. No better way to learn how to fix these types of things than trying it yourself. I completely understand how daunting something like this can be (it sure was hard for me) but everyone has to start somewhere. You could pull the engine in your backyard, get an engine stand, and start taking it apart. You can find out whats wrong with the internals and buy just the parts you need and get the motor going again instead of buying a completely different engine (which will probably cost more depending on whats wrong with your current engine). Heck, while the engine is out you could redo your steering linkage, or front suspension or something (you get the idea). My situation was very different from yours, but this is how I got started on DIY mechanics. I realized that drifting is very hard on the car and stuff will eventually break. I payed to have stuff fixed the first few times, but I quickly realized that if I pay someone else every time something breaks, I'm spending alot of $$ on labor!! So I decided to try some stuff on my own and instantly started breaking everything I touched. Hahaha! Yanked my original motor and took everything apart. Learned alot!! But this was stupid style with no manuals or nothing. If you got the correct manuals, and tools, and had enough time to mess with it, I'm certain you can fix whatever is broken on your own. Working on cars is not hard, its just following the procedure that might be hard (since not everything is written down, alot of it is just "known" and you dont find that stuff out untill you jack it up once or twice). So I dunno man, if it wont prevent you from getting where you need to go everyday, and you're on a budget, might wanna think about it. If worst comes to worst, you take it all apart, break it, and pay someone else to swap another motor in anyway. Might as well learn something along the way (so take that junk motor back home with you if someone else does do the swap for you).

Comment

barrow a truck and drive down here to san diego...i guarantee youll find a ka24de for cheap...theyre all over the place here...

Comment

I can still get you one. Let me know what you end up doing.

Comment

the Auto Dori group of drifting.com are about to fade away.....

Comment

UPDATE

Well my baby is still broken today. But i was talking to Chas, he thinks he can get me a low low millage sr20det front clip which should be everything i need to make the swap work for 2500. (500 dollars under the gastly sugestion of buying some other car) Hes down state abit. Theres a good possibility im going to go that route and install the engine my self I may run into some bumps on the road, but ill be borrowing cars from my family until its all in and done.

I have access to tools, and engine lifts and the whole nine yards. So its a mater of putting wrench to metal, and trying not to screw anything up.

With luck my baby will rise from the ashes like the legendary pheonex. Im going to be going from auto to manual too during this process, all of the parts SHOULD be on the front clip that i need. i also have a donor car i may have access to. So we will see what happens. Even if it goes alittle over my budget i have a few hundred dollars i can put in the pot.

She will probably not be making much horse power threw that stock exhaust. but considering i was running a 190 thousand mile KA24DE with an auto, it should be sufficent enough, besides we all know turbos love exhaust upgrades. But power really isnt the point. The point is to have a running car, that i can go drifting with.

Thanks for all your concern and advise. I read it all, and will heed what i can.

Comment

have you checked the buy/sell part of the forums? theres a guy with a sr clip for like 1600 in the LA area if i remember correctly. Just a thought

Comment

Its not a clip so wouldnt have the parts for the auto-manual swap but if you have a donor car, that doesnt matter.

Comment

You can get tranny without the clip.Clip is pretty useless unless u REALLY need it as a visual for the install and SOMETIMES(rarely) you will get it along with some aftermarket BOV or little goodies.Just get a complete motor set and you're good to go.your gonna need an exhaust,FMIC(not necessary but good to have),downpipe and a few other misc. part.Should be around $3,500 for a install on your own and no FMIC and other unnecssary parts.Obviously cost more for the FMIC, etc.Also, make sure the motor set comes with a stock intercooler or you are gonna need to get one on your own.Good luck on ur swap if u plan to do so.

Comment

"Please don't correct me. It sickens me."

An auto to manual conversion like the one he said he was planning on requires more than a transmission.

Comment

Working...
                                X