Drift muscle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift muscle

Anyone out there drifting muscle cars? I have a specific car I'm thinking about drifting ) that happens to be a muscle car. Just curios what those of you who have muscle cars have experienced or would like to say.

If anyone knows of any good sites or has any good info on the topic please share!

We have Camaro and Mustang drifters on here. We welcome any one who wants to drift American Iron. What car do you want to drift? (not a classic i hope!)

Comment

Most certainly not a classic (IMO). Considering a Nova (which in some cases really isn't a muscle car!)

Comment

A Nova would becool, however you may need to do some serious supension work to get to handle like you will want.

Comment

Check out Original Parts Group or Hotchkis Performance. They should have some suspension stuff for the Novas. Welcome to the board bdjoe. It's nice to see some more domestic guys here. Don't worry about being flamed for liking musclecars. There's about 4 of us on here who speak up any time the Detroit iron gets hated on

Comment

Also i wont let a whole nationality get talked down to

Comment

Thanks for the info/support. I'm expecting this to be somewhat of a chore, but worth it. Thanks for not flaming. We likes what we likes! It's just interesting that on this site domestics (well, american domestics!) are the minority. Although not necessarily a bad thing, different.

Comment

Yeah USA domestic cars are the minority because the sport originated in Japan. Over in Japan, USA domestic cars are rare and expensive, so they do not really drift them over there. And because people don't see them being drifted yet, they think they are not good drift cars. But I think a lot of people will be supprised to find that USA domestic cars make great drift cars. Its just a matter of getting more domestic cars out there at events and making it known. Good example is the El Camino that took 1st at the Drift Showoff in Texas.

Comment

69 Camero SS

Is it possible to tune a Camero ss for drifting? I was thinking of going with an J-car like I had in Japan but, they are too expensive here in California especially the cressida (had a Mark II GT twin turbo)

My dad has a an old Chevy Camero and there are tons of aftermarket suspension and fiberglass parts (for weight) for it.

Comment

Yeah the 1st gen Camaro has a bunch of aftermarket suspension support. Some domestic tuner company in the USA even makes full carbon fiber bodies for the 1st gen Camaro. If I had the $$, I would be using 1st gens instead of 3rd gens ...

Comment

WHoa a full carbon fiber body?

thats one step closer to my dream. the Ultimate Domestic drifter. Thats it. A Ford Galaxy 500. Complete aftermarket custom everything, lowered, big *Censored**Censored**Censored* wheels, massive brakes, carbon anything i can. total custom suspension (probably based on the S13's because im familar with them)

you know you guys want to see a galaxy 500 sideways on the touge.. lol... okay enough of my crazy ideas.

Comment

muscle

i drift with muscle, i got a aussie built holden commodore rwd

Comment

Re: muscle

Originally posted by DriftingVP
                          i drift with muscle, i got a aussie built holden commodore rwd
                          What year is it?

Comment

Rock the Galaxie.......LMFAO...................

Comment

oooh you all laugh now! but just wait.
                              Last edited by nissanguy_24; 04-22-2004, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X