Im thinking of getting a AE86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshun
    12k for mods on a ae86! holy crap!. 4k on suspension and 8 k on engine mods... whoa. that sounds like a dream to me. sr20 in that thing and call it a day. :P dont they make kits in japan for this swap also? i swear i've seen it somewhere
    yeah...hey if you run across that give me the link b/c i'd be really interested in that....if there is a kit it's probably just like custom engine and tranny mounts. you'll still have to do a lot of fabbing. did you notice how they had to hack the firewall and the tranny tunnel to get the F20C and 6 speed to fit? the did a beautiful job of it...but i seriously doubt anyone sells a "drop-in" kit for that. too much fabbing. but i'm sure you can find custom motor and tranny mounts. like i said, if you find that stuff let me know.

thanks

Comment

maybe i'll get one of my japanese friends to read the damn option mag classifieds for it.

Comment

whats wrong with the 4age..... why not get a blacktop 20v 4age

Comment

Originally posted by frestylefc3s
          whats wrong with the 4age..... why not get a blacktop 20v 4age
          20V sucks.

Stay with your current 16V and build it.

Comment

what the hell are you talking about 20v sucks

=-o im confused hereeeeee

20v is amazing compared to the 16v - at least what i have experienced in my friends 20v 86 vs my friends 16v aw11

Comment

Originally posted by frestylefc3s
              what the hell are you talking about 20v sucks

=-o im confused hereeeeee

20v is amazing compared to the 16v - at least what i have experienced in my friends 20v 86 vs my friends 16v aw11
              Heres my 20V.

I have been using this motor for quite sometimes now and It ain't what I expected it to be.

Stay with your current 16V and build it. Run cams and will probably out run the 20V in low end.

Comment

my friend has a 20v also. sounds nice. but not that impressive. i also say rebuild the 16v.

Comment

Working...
                X