ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team ROTORA's Ken Gushi (Drifting Shoot-Out $10,000 WINNER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry about that..anyway who is ken gushi?

Comment

Ken Gushi is a drifter who drives for the Rotora drift team, along side Fixmer. He pilotes a blue 240sx "onevia" with a sr20 engine. He recently entered in the formula D event, but was eleminated. Then over the weekend, he entered in the Drifter shootout at Mazda Speedway Laguna-Seca and won first place against the likes of Sam Hubinette's viper, Rhys Millen's GTO, his partner Fixmer, and many other excellent American drifters. His final battle was against Millen drifting excellently with his GTO.

All drivers showed much improvement from what i saw them do at the D1. If our drivers where this good at the D1 a few would of ended up in the top 8 and probably 1 in the top 4.

EDIT, and as to my earlier comments, thank you for complying, i didnt mean to jump on you, but we've had problems recently with another member thinking its funny to type like a mental patient. im talking stuff like "Ima gun 2 skool yi N tipN'

Comment

wow.. american drivers. impressive.
        i remember a gushi (i think) with a champaign colored coupe.
        is that the same one?
        no no im sorry for talking like that.

Comment

Check out this thread, http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=4078

taken over the weekend, the first few pictures are of his car.

I dont think this car is that one. This car was probably bought and built by Rotora, hes just driving.

Comment

how late is too late to start drifting? im only 16 and permitted on my dads auto civic. this is depressing. AHHHHH!!! this makes Ken an idol but in some aspects, brings my personal aspirations for pro drifting a notch lower. i'll probably just aim in promotion for drifting instead.

Comment

You're 16? You're too old to start... Sorry...

-MR

Comment

No one is ever to late to start drifting. If your interested in it and it looks like something you want to do go out to one of the smaller track events and try it. While Ken is extremely young for his skill level...its pretty understandable. Considering hes been driving since he was 9 or so and his dad has been teaching him to drift since he was like 12? (correct me if I'm wrong) so really he's been drifting for about 5 years already O_o more then most drifters around. Hell most of the guys in Hawaii haven't been drifting for more then 3 years

Comment

toooo late im sorry men ..please get out of drifting.com hahaha lol im just playing you can star when you want!!have fun!!

Comment

damn the drifting world reminds me a lot of the skateboarding world. People almost ask the same questions and how the media ruins everything, maybe soon someone is going to ask how to get sponsored and stuff like that. i don't know just reminds me a lot of skating.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek
                      damn the drifting world reminds me a lot of the skateboarding world. People almost ask the same questions and how the media ruins everything, maybe soon someone is going to ask how to get sponsored and stuff like that. i don't know just reminds me a lot of skating.
                      i think tha to..

Comment

It seems that alot of drifters used to skate back in the days O_o back when I was in intermediate school I used to skate. Although I wasn't really good at it...I kept trying and trying. Though later I injured my knee...so yea...its funny though cause we went from doing tricks with a board to doing tricks with cars. haha...

Comment

Originally posted by nivek

lol u catch on quick

Comment

Ken Gushi

Ken Gushi
                            Birthplace: Okinawa, Japan
                            Vehicle: S13 Coupe
                            Background:
                            A rising star in drifting, soon to be 17 year-old Ken Gushi is the youngest competing D1 Grand Prix driver in history. Taught by his father since the age of 8, Ken developed his drifting skills and qualified to the US D1 Grand Prix all without a driver's license. Today, Ken is considered the most gifted young drifters in the US.
                            Recent Drifting Competitions:
                            2003 - US D1 Grand Prix
                            2003 - US D1 Driver Search - Top 8 Qualifier
                            Sponsors:
                            Rotora, Bomex, Blitz, Bride, Falken Tire, Gushi Auto, Koyo, Jada Toys, Jspec.com, Kaaz, Phase 2 Motortrend, Rally Art, Tein, TG RaceDesigns, XS Engineering, 5Zigen

info from: driftshowoff

Comment

its more jdm to start drifting at 18 since thats how they do it in japan ( unless you are takumi ).

Comment

GUSHI is takumi except he drives a s13 and he lives in the states and his name is ken

Comment

Working...
                                X