ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team ROTORA's Ken Gushi (Drifting Shoot-Out $10,000 WINNER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dae
    its more jdm to start drifting at 18 since thats how they do it in japan ( unless you are takumi ).
    OMG, that's *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing hilarious. Even Takumi didn't start at 8.

Comment

what's a Takumi?? sorry I'm a n00b...

anywho...Two Thumbs up to Ken. I'm so jealous.
      Last edited by WildSe7en; 05-05-2004, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek
        GUSHI is takumi except he drives a s13 and he lives in the states and his name is ken
        I have thought this all along. If there was such a thing as a real life Takumi then he would be it. Oh, he did start in a Hachi though. That is what his dad had and that is what he learned in. Gushi is my favorite driver, American or Japanese, because he is younger than me and could still kick my *Censored**Censored**Censored* with his eyes shut.

Comment

wasn't ken 17 last year? i'd figured he would have aged at least a year since then. hehe.

great win; this just proves that in drifting the little guys could come and compete w/ factory backed teams and even win.

Nissan, it's time to get off your asses and start supporting some of these drivers to get them to the next level. Be nice if they can actually make some money to help you market your 10 year old discontinued models. hehe.

Comment

screw takumi...ooh and he still 17 couse he drink from tha fountain of drifting inmortalitty.. pfff im such an *Censored**Censored**Censored*.... pff

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
              wasn't ken 17 last year? i'd figured he would have aged at least a year since then. hehe.
              Naw, he was 16 last year. They emphasized his age at last year's D1GP exhibition round everytime it was his turn to do a run.

Comment

Yeah I kept hearing about the 16 year-old prodigy last year. I just added it up when I saw this thread that it's Ken Gushi.

Comment

I wouldn't really call him a prodigy. He IS very good but when you start young you learn faster because you don't have years of regular street driving to weigh you down with fear, you know what I'm saying. I like to call it the "tiger woods phenomena". I seriously think he should branch out to real racing like rally racing and stuff like that. But that's just my opinion. I used to autocross alot when I started driving but got out of it cause I couldn't afford it , but now that I have a better job I'm gonna get back into it to retrain my brain.

Comment

O man i just watched some vid action from the event, Gushi owned Millen. lol In the 1st turn MIllen would always start sooo slow and start with a feinting/manji technique and then power over allllll the way through the turn, which i thought was so retarded. So wen it was Ken;s time to lead he just came straight in D1 style like drifting should b, Millen was messed up cuz he was expecting him to do the choku dori into the turn like everyone else has. SO he was left behind after this fobble. Then on Rhys time in front he pulled that same manji crap again, Ken came in full speed pro dorifto style and he was fast enough he actually passed Rhys before the end of the turn. w00t w00t. Rhys is good but he thinks all drifting is for show, this is a battle durr ur ur. lol But Gushi knows the true drift style and came out on top Im so happy for ken
                    www.gtodrift.com go to downloads and check out the vids for urself
                    Last edited by MrodDrft; 05-08-2004, 08:56 AM.

Comment

How is he not a prodigy? In Japan he would be considered one also or else the judges wouldn't of emphasized it like they did. He is 17 and just won 10gs and beat out a legendary race car driver in a manufactured sponsored car. Kenshiro owns. Did I mention the kid still doesn't have a drivers license.
                      Last edited by prodigy; 05-08-2004, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Rhys is not legendary

Comment

His dad is. He isn't quite a legend but he is very well known.

Comment

Legendary is like Keiichi Tsuchiya

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                              Rhys is not legendary
                              jahahahahahaha pffff lol hahaha true!!

Comment

I had a chance at SEMA this past Nov. to do a ride along with Ken. VERY cool guy I can only pray to be half as good as him. CONGRATS MAN! and TEAM ROTORA ROCKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X