ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saay It Aint Soo >>>omfg Everybody Read This!!! I Hope This Isnt True!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost, Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, that's f'in funny!!! I do remember that happening in the movie

Did FnF rip off of Legend of Speed or the other way around? They even got it down to the genius car tuning friend with mental problems

I already made a post about the live action Initial D. It stars Jay Chow, Edison Chen, Anthony Wong, and a japanese actress, my guess is Ryoko Hirosue. I starts filming this month and I can't wait. I personally think it's going to be pretty true to the manga and anime. I think the HK movie industry is more in touch with motor sports

Comment

I should also mention that Honda Civics are not the choice of car in Initial D at all.Cars are primarily FR,it's also pretty accurate,do you really want to argue with the dorikin? Honestly,a lot of people see some guy talk crap about Initial D,then they think it's cool and try to fit in by bashing it as well,when really they haven't seen it or know what's it about.Can anyone prove one single death that has resulted from Initial D in the US? Not an assumption,but an actual death because of it.It's probably the most accurate car based manga/anime out there.It's not cheap,it's not rice,it's actually pretty technical.Me,I like cars.I like stuff that offers a sense of technical insight and for the most part,realism.I enjoy these things,hell,I enjoy staring at nice built up cars for hours,I go off into my own world and forget about everything except the car.I'm just like that.I love the engineering involved,I love learning more about them,you can never learn enough.To have something that can appeal to me in a way that FnF and other such movies could never is something that interests me.You might as well bash Keiichi Tsuchiya while your at it for being involved in Initial D,making an appearence in it,being the technical advisor,and the guy that does all the driving for the sound effects as well.

Comment

Yeah i heard about this a while ago......its sounds cool, but the only thing that i heard that it was going to be made by koreans........ but hey i could be wrong.......just as long as they stick to the script, it should be good......i want to see wat stunt drifters they use......hopefully D1 drivers... ...this shouldnt ruin anything........if you want to drift, then drift......society cant stop you (but cops can jk).....peace

Comment

I agree whole-heartedly with Feint. Initial D is great. I love it. It's fun to watch on those days when you can't get out or are just too lazy to do anything. So I think that is entirely true. One person puts it down and then the rest just Moo on with em. They all need ID branded into their butts just like Cattle.

As for Ryoko Hirosue.......YUM. Man i'd stick her on the back of my bike and head for the hills. Never to return.

Comment

so whats the big deal? theyve made many drifter aka fast and furious stlye movies in asian markets. please, this is nothing...you should check out legen of speed, pure rice with NAWWZ chinese style.

only thing that good about was the cars and women, pure jdm oragsms.

Comment

Yea i love Initial D, when ppl start bashing on it i just steer clear, its not worth the argument. I know i like it and thats all that matters. Its very techincal and true to life. Tsuchiya and Hot Version are the technical advisers. Its a great manga/anime. I personally like the manga more i think bcuz i can use my imagination to fill in the blanks. When i heard about this live action going to be made ( like last year) i was very excited, i still am. Cant wait till this is out. Legend of Speed i liked it i just didn tliek that fact that my version i got was dubbed in like 3 languages and had the same amount of subtitles.. it was crazy lol

edit: u call LOS pure rice ????? o man u have issues...

Comment

Yes Legend of Speed had the infamous nawwzzz.But they raced on a highway,not a long drag down a street,or a desert.Sure it was sped up a bit,but you can't say the cars were flashy.They weren't at all.If you look past the lighting effects,the nawzzz,you have a nice race.I also liked how the director had that map layout,that was pretty slick.Legend of Speed is also where FnF got that one nos scence from,or so they say.

Comment

I think the nitrous was used tastfully.. lol haha. I thought it was nice he busted that out to blast off in the tunnel. The cars were hot... that mines subaru.. yum yum I would say FnF straight up copied LOS... i mean cmon.. both mechanics have a mental problem and both die, wat a coincidence... so much more.. O yea and while we are speaking of ripping stuff off, how about that gum tape deathmatch hahaha lol jk

Comment

Has anyone see those Freeway Speedway movies? I think people refer to it as the Wangan Midnight movie cuz it has a 280Z.

Anyway, Initial D has given us all an outlet to see touge racing and drifting and tons of it. It's for entertainment and people forget that. I know that real touge racing isn't about sliding every square inch of road, and that's what makes ID cool, it's an escape from reality to show us what we want to see. There's pros and cons to it, but I feel that ID has done a lot of good for the drifting community. I admit I poke fun at it, there's no need to bash it, especially if there's a live action coming out. We're not trekkies or star wars geeks, we're drifters (or try to be ). What we should be worried about are people that don't respect the sport and then get involved to make a profit

Comment

I think the drift king would make a good Bunta character
                      he looks just like him to me

Comment

i got 1 and 2 to freeway speedway... they are berry good, cant wait for 3 4 and 5 to come out... in japan its shutoku max trial i think is the title of it

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                          I agree whole-heartedly with Feint. Initial D is great. I love it. It's fun to watch on those days when you can't get out or are just too lazy to do anything. So I think that is entirely true. One person puts it down and then the rest just Moo on with em. They all need ID branded into their butts just like Cattle.

As for Ryoko Hirosue.......YUM. Man i'd stick her on the back of my bike and head for the hills. Never to return.
                          Fient and Ghost both hit the nail on the head there. People bash Initial D for the same reason they bash anything with the word JDM in it. It was cool to like those things, but then a few elitest desided it wasnt cool, they werent about those things, they were too good. So then the bandwagon jumped on hating those things "eeew an sr20 ?? your a JDM ricer!" or "eeew initial d? i watch option! (cause there the same thing right?) Initial is sooooo fake. Nothing is realistic in it."

Initial D is pretty realistic, as realistic as a manga can be. yes most guys arent going to be able to beat a GT-R but also thats what they thought in the manga too. Thus the story! gee its fictional?? who'd of thought.

But its still very well done. Trying to lump it in with fast and the furious is just displaying your ignorance. Now i dont sugest trying to drift with your eyes shut like bunta. But Initial is by far not the worse thing out there. It inspired many a drifter. Including my self who was highly influenced by the styalized drifting, making me want to learn more about real drifting, and to know if stuff like that really happened in japan.

Thats one reason i love this site. We have our problems, but if you look at the regulars, they are for the most part, very nice and intelegent open minded individuals who are just here because they share a love of drifting. Not to talk down civics, or think they are superior to another group in some way.

Comment

yeah, they started filming that awhile ago. I thought everyone knew about it

Anywho...ladies and gentlemen I give you Edison Chen(Takumi Fujiwara)

Comment

Its true alright...
                              http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2038/
                              that site has it, search for initial d in the search box
                              Attached Files

Comment

old news

Comment

Working...
                                X