Do people in Japan want American muscle cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people in Japan want American muscle cars

I was just wondering if people in Japan want American muscle cars, like some people in the US want Japanese cars(Skylines, and Sylvias)

I'd say some do and some don't. I heard gas in Japan is way expensive. American cars eat fuel like no tomorrow. So I'd say for those that can burn the cash for gas they'd think about it otherwise I bout it'd be a big hit in Japan.

Comment

I didn't think about the gas price. How expensive are they like $3.00?

Comment

I am sure they are considered exotic and very cool. But its not realistic for most people to own a old mustang in japan or so. Like how its not realistic for most Americans to own a Skyline GTR.

And its Silvia, i dont accept the Sylvia Spelling because on the car it says "SILVIA"

Edit: it used to say "expect sylvia" i changed it to "accept sylvia" im not sure which i ment originally but 'accept' works better so its there.
        Last edited by nissanguy_24; 05-12-2004, 05:26 PM.

Comment

well i don't accept the spelling "accept" for accept. hehe a lot of people on here use the wrong spellings of homophones.

- Peace

Comment

wha?
            i think you might have gotten mixed up man.
            I'll make an exemption. lol.

Comment

My bad I hit the wrong key. How is this for you "SILVIA" did I get it right that time.

Comment

I wasnt trying to come down on him for his spelling of general words. We all mispell things. But the Y spelling for Silva always bugs me due to the fact that it says "Silvia" on the car, with a i. I've met women named "sylvia" and if it wasnt printed so obviously it probably wouldnt bug me as much.

Comment

Well when I was living in Japan when my family had a 1995 GT Subaru Legacy we could fill up at the Base for 25$ whereas if you were to go off base youcould spend easily 10,000 yen for a full tank. That is 400 yen a gallon. On the other note of Japanese wanting American Muscle I can say yes they are interested in our cars but gas being so expensive it is a rarity to see some of those classics there.

Comment

Does Japan get the good versions of our cars or the outdated stuff? I know(i.e. saw on TV, lol) that in China, most American cars are made there and use out of date equipment. With less pollution restrictions, they can afford to. I'm not sure what else besides engines is outdated though. I know it's done from Japan to the US as well. We don't has high a version of a car or don't have the option of some advanced features that are available for the car.

Comment

Most companies use off the shelf parts because it is cheaper for them, it's called valued engineering. Though if the one that is purchasing the car has the supported cash flow he can buy the car with all up to date technology. It is all a matter of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by PolishA4Art
                        I'd say some do and some don't. I heard gas in Japan is way expensive. American cars eat fuel like no tomorrow. So I'd say for those that can burn the cash for gas they'd think about it otherwise I bout it'd be a big hit in Japan.
                        that's becuase the gas in Japan is 100octane, i think. also i heard in there is a law in Japan that you can't drive your car if you have over a certain amout of mileage in it. yes, american cars are gas guzzling machines

Comment

yah, there are hot rod crowds in japan, low rider crowds, and dub crowds. in fact veilside president rolls around in an H2. Those go for $80k there, used! It must be funny seeing that roll around Shibuya.

Comment

Japanese love older mustangs, they simply go wild for them. The girls flock for them and the men only buy them if they are in mint condition. There was a picture on here, a while back, of a guy in Japan drifting a 70's stang on some course. Probally could find it if you dug deep enough

Comment

yea i have one guy on msn, i had for like 2 years now, he has 1999 i think Skiline GTS
                              but anyways long story short....
                              he said a lot of people there are into Mustang Saleens n stuuf like that

Comment

Working...
                              X