Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You would think someone, that's a moderator, a representative of this forum, would have better tact when posting...

Comment

• Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
      You would think someone, that's a moderator, a representative of this forum, would have better tact when posting...
      Eh if you think i need more tact then im glad you didnt see the first draft of this post.

EDIT: Actually i take that back, i dont care what you think.

Comment

• this thread has lost all sense of it's meaning....

Comment

• And about the comments about you track only guys "Doing it the right way" Says who? get over your selfs. Lets visit japan and see what the "Right way is" lets look at the D1, or hell most the American pro drifters about where they started *cough*still attend*cough*
          SAYS ME!

I have never drifted on a public road. Except one time when the semi in front of me blew his engine and I was skidding and almost drifted into 80MPH traffic coming off the onramp.

I have learned all there is to know about drifting at sanctioned events since March 2003. If you want to know, this was me last Sunday:

http://www.worldwidechang.com/braking/alexirw002.mpeg

I have my own opinions about where to start drifting but this is NOT the thread to voice that in.

-alex

Comment

• Originally posted by BensonHsu

Yeah, I did do it illegally at one time... but now that we have sanctioned events, nobody has to do it the hard way. There's no excuse for it anymore.

Then you are in no position to lecture ANY body. i am sick of that.. Oh i guess its just us "wanna bes"

Let us think about that for a minute.. Want to bes.... what do we want to be? Is the implication from '97 S14 SE Turb And Bension that we "Want to be" like them? Yes because when i watch the drift bible i say under my breath "I want to have the longest running turbo ka24 in america" or "i want to be just like bension when i grow up". Yes if only i could..... Such a distant dream if only i could reach out and grab it...

Or perhaps the implication is no one but you two actually drift. We all just clutch on to our FF cars secretly wishing for the day when we can finally receive a 240sx or 86 from mom and day and go drift it all JDM style, you know... Just like takumi does!

Eh Or perhaps your implication is we should be like you Do it on the street until we are able to afford or able to use the track regularly then preach how awful the street is, and put people down.. actualy insult them when they even mention the IDEA of it.

I Want everyone to look at these two gentlemen You have heard me time and time again. As well as other respected members of our little site talk about the negative side to most drifters. This elitest idea that seems to ooze from them like a puss from an open wound. They think they are better then everyone. Not just drag racers or grip racers or anything, But other drifters, the worse part is they take a moral highground when there is really nothing under them to support the weight of there misdeeds that high.

They are good drifters no doubt, i've seen benson drift, not bad at all. I dont think i've seen our KA friend, However his engineering skills and tunning skills seem quite impressive. But there attitudes stink. That is the underbelly of this. I talk of, well preach about a humble attitude i think drifters should take on. These two talk of respect but they show none of us "wannabes" i didnt find my comments about the "drifting ugly" group to be disrespectful.. Hell its the American spirit to mock those who are succesful. Every time jay leno gets up and says his monolouge he pokes fun at someone, theres no disrespect there. Just good humor (hopefully) My suposive disrespect to drifting pretty was i called my self ugly and stole the name.. I bet if you asked the DP girls what they thought they would chuckle at it!! they seem to be nice girls but these two gentlemen here are too much.

Yeah they could probably out drift me. But at the moment that doesnt mater.

I think my words have been more respectful then these two deserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by nissanguy_24
              OH MY GOD!!! Get over your selfs!! go back and read this entire thread and tell me how i wasnt professional or respectful. I BRING UP casually a long running chatroom joke about "Drifting Ugly" based on the idea that ugly guys couldnt join drifting pretty so we started our own group... And you throw a little fit like im calling them sluts or something? My god get over your selfs.

And about the comments about you track only guys "Doing it the right way" Says who? get over your selfs. Lets visit japan and see what the "Right way is" lets look at the D1, or hell most the American pro drifters about where they started *cough*still attend*cough*

Honestly this is redicilous to take offense to my comment about drifting ugly. my god what are you a robot? I just dont know what to say im speachless that that little comment sparked such a huge arguement. I dont even see how thats offensive or disrespectful... Gee Cordes and Steve i better becareful next time i call my self Ugly, I might offend the boyfriend of some attractive female drifter..

My god honestly... go back and read it all.
              your long running chatroom joke is a play off of drifting pretty's name. it's taking a serious organization who is doing something positive for women and motorsports, and is a mockery of it.

it may not be your intention, but without any explanation, your name "drifting ugly" is very offensive to those who support their cause. if you need to explain your joke to those who are upset about it, it doesn't make it any less offensive.

and about japan and street drifting... our cultures are completely different. you cannot compare the two! here, we have people that are constantly on their toes about being sued and the people who are always looking for the chance to sue someone. We have to live according to a term called political correctness. our methods of law enforcement are completely different. What our society deems as acceptable is different than that of Japan.

The entire purpose of D1's existance is to make drifting professional... to gain acceptance by society and hold it to a different standard than back road racing or a bunch of bored kids making trouble. If you support D1, then you'll support the idea of improving our image so that we can be accepted as a valid motorsport... if you want drifting to succeed in the USA, then you'll understand why street racing cannot be condoned.

If you picked up all the street drifters from Japan, dropped them off in the USA, and said "do what you do in Japan"... drifting would have become the fastest motorsport to die probably in all of history.

Comment

• "If you picked up all the street drifters from Japan, dropped them off in the USA, and said "do what you do in Japan"... drifting would have become the fastest motorsport to die probably in all of history."

man that would be funny

Comment

• Some of you guys are being a little too serious,c'mon.I fail to see how that was really offensive.That was about as offensive as someone running around calling themself Skinny Bai.You know it's just sarcasm and good fun,the context in which it was used in shows this.If someone were to really make fun of DP,I'm sure they'd say something much more offense.

Is it just me,or when some pros go online people seem to change colors?

Comment

your long running chatroom joke is a play off of drifting pretty's name. it's taking a serious organization who is doing something positive for women and motorsports, and is a mockery of it.

it may not be your intention, but without any explanation, your name "drifting ugly" is very offensive to those who support their cause. if you need to explain your joke to those who are upset about it, it doesn't make it any less offensive.
                    The reason why I don't joke on the internet is because of this... misunderstanding each other.

-alex

Comment

• The issue is the attitude people like you put forth. I'm not an elitist. I'm someone that has been around, and wanting those that are newer to the sport to do the right thing and not have to reinvent the wheel.

Just because I asked you to be for tactful in your post, as a moderator of this web forum, you took offense.

Is it a sense of "the small man syndrom" or Inferiority complex???

I'm not trying to put anyone down. You are.

And for the record, I've never drifted on the streets, hills, etc... You are making big assumptions about me.

As for preaching the humble attitude, please heed your own advice... Your "joke" about Drifting Pretty doesn't show you as doing that...

Good day...

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                      Then you are in no position to lecture ANY body. i am sick of that.. Oh i guess its just us "wanna bes"

Let us think about that for a minute.. Want to bes.... what do we want to be? Is the implication from '97 S14 SE Turb And Bension that we "Want to be" like them? Yes because when i watch the drift bible i say under my breath "I want to have the longest running turbo ka24 in america" or "i want to be just like bension when i grow up". Yes if only i could..... Such a distant dream if only i could reach out and grab it...

Or perhaps the implication is no one but you two actually drift. We all just clutch on to our FF cars secretly wishing for the day when we can finally receive a 240sx or 86 from mom and day and go drift it all JDM style, you know... Just like takumi does!

Eh Or perhaps your implication is we should be like you Do it on the street until we are able to afford or able to use the track regularly then preach how awful the street is, and put people down.. actualy insult them when they even mention the IDEA of it.

I Want everyone to look at these two gentlemen You have heard me time and time again. As well as other respected members of our little site talk about the negative side to most drifters. This elitest idea that seems to ooze from them like a puss from an open wound. They think they are better then everyone. Not just drag racers or grip racers or anything, But other drifters, the worse part is they take a moral highground when there is really nothing under them to support the weight of there misdeeds that high.

They are good drifters no doubt, i've seen benson drift, not bad at all. I dont think i've seen our KA friend, However his engineering skills and tunning skills seem quite impressive. But there attitudes stink. That is the underbelly of this. I talk of, well preach about a humble attitude i think drifters should take on. These two talk of respect but they show none of us "wannabes" i didnt find my comments about the "drifting ugly" group to be disrespectful.. Hell its the American spirit to mock those who are succesful. Every time jay leno gets up and says his monolouge he pokes fun at someone, theres no disrespect there. Just good humor (hopefully) My suposive disrespect to drifting pretty was i called my self ugly and stole the name.. I bet if you asked the DP girls what they thought they would chuckle at it!! they seem to be nice girls but these two gentlemen here are too much.

Yeah they could probably out drift me. But at the moment that doesnt mater.

I think my words have been more respectful then these two deserve.

Comment

• Wow this went from DP to legal and illegal drifting...

Some one keeps saying TEAM we are not a team, we are a CLUB/PROGRAM. Just needed to make that clear...
                        Last edited by Wickdmarz; 06-03-2004, 02:43 PM.

Comment

and about japan and street drifting... our cultures are completely different. you cannot compare the two! here, we have people that are constantly on their toes about being sued and the people who are always looking for the chance to sue someone. We have to live according to a term called political correctness. our methods of law enforcement are completely different. What our society deems as acceptable is different than that of Japan.

The entire purpose of D1's existance is to make drifting professional... to gain acceptance by society and hold it to a different standard than back road racing or a bunch of bored kids making trouble. If you support D1, then you'll support the idea of improving our image so that we can be accepted as a valid motorsport... if you want drifting to succeed in the USA, then you'll understand why street racing cannot be condoned.

If you picked up all the street drifters from Japan, dropped them off in the USA, and said "do what you do in Japan"... drifting would have become the fastest motorsport to die probably in all of history.
                          Offensive? This joke is so none offensive that it didnt even cross my mind that it might upset anyone. And i shall not apologise it. Yes i am a moderator but when i became a moderator i said i would not change the way i post. I have opinions like anyone else. So what if im putting down your holy grail of all drifting programs. Get over it. People will have opinions that differ from yours. You will have to make due. I will not temper such words for fear one person out of 10 may think a play on words is offensive. Honestly i dont know your thought process perhaps your just being protective of what you seem to see as your female friends. I understand that, i have a number of female friends i wouldnt stand by and let them be insulted. But you need to understand calling my self "drifting ugly" doesnt insult them in any way. If you still take offense to it then i guess you will have to learn how to live with it Because i will not apologise about it.

Originally posted by Feint
                          Some of you guys are being a little too serious,c'mon.I fail to see how that was really offensive.That was about as offensive as someone running around calling themself Skinny Bai.You know it's just sarcasm and good fun,the context in which it was used in shows this.If someone were to really make fun of DP,I'm sure they'd say something much more offense.

Is it just me,or when some pros go online people seem to change colors?
                          I like the Skinny Bai comment.. because its very apt.. Oh no i guess your insulting Bai and his organization also you hate the D1 now. and you are a wannabe who drifts on the road and kills puppies... Eh seem rediculous doenst it guys?

Your right feint... Some of us wont though. They will have to deal with that.

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
                          And for the record, I've never drifted on the streets, hills, etc... You are making big assumptions about me.

As for preaching the humble attitude, please heed your own advice... Your "joke" about Drifting Pretty doesn't show you as doing that...

Good day...

Yes well the assumptions are going both ways arent they? The difference is i didnt start it, Just responded in kind.

And yes we all know calling my self untractive is so not humble!!!

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                          Wow this went from DP to legal and illegal drifting...

Some one keeps saying TEAM we are not a team, we are a CLUB/PROGRAM.
                          Okay not a team, but a club/program thats fine.. no biggie.. But as a member of that program Do you take offense to the joke of putting together an all male equivlent.. with untractive gentlemen called Drifitng Ugly?

Comment

• Actaully I've heard a million of them...from Sitting Pretty, Drifting Ugly, DP-Deep or Double Pentration...

I don't care...if you're just fooling around, but alot of people say it with a rude tone and thats just not apporiate.

We don't make fun of your team or club names, why do you need to make fun of ours?

We're never rude to people or say were the best, just that were an organization...we're all nice people, and I don't think we really deserve the rudeness we get from alot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                              Actaully I've heard a million of them...from Sitting Pretty, Drifting Ugly, DP-Deep or Double Pentration...

I don't care...if you're just fooling around, but alot of people say it with a rude tone and thats just not apporiate.

We don't make fun of your team or club names, why do you need to make fun of ours?
                              Eh thats the thing, i wasnt making fun of your club.. i think that needs to be understood, we just adopted the idea of your name for us as a joke...

Honestly if someone did that to me i would be pretty flattered.. because my guys arent well known. (for a good reason)

Comment

• it wasn't directed straight to you, just anyone with a team or club, that has been making fun of ours.

Comment

Working...
                                X