Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lately ive been doing it on dry ground...it kills the tires but oh well, i have a job. ill try and get a video up, i need to find someone with a digital video camera.

Comment

Re: Re: Looking for Drifters

Originally posted by DoriFuta-
      Personaly i think this is a hoax, But if it is real.
      Perhaps you could tell us...

Where are you currently tapeing?
      What do the Drifters get out of it?
      What kind of Course or set up is involved and where?
      Definetly not a hoax, I am currently "off the road" not filming while I am a co-promoter for a motorcycle stunt event to be held in NY this June....the website for that is www.stuntrageous.com , you can see some info on myself there.

I spoke about the drifters benifits in an above post.

I am not sure on set up or location, when I set in stone I will be on your area I will figure that out then. Previously I worked with Signal Auto and filmed in a praking lot, I shot with Tony Shultz and filmed at Road Atlanta for a day. If drifters want to hit the streets for underground footage I will film that as well, but, thats not up to me.

Here is the sleeve to our latest motorcycle stunt DVD, entitled XMS United We Stunt, featuring the top 15 teams in the USA--in stores now.

Hopefully this helps, the bottom line is I am trying to get into a sport I have never been involved in. I have posted this here becuase it seems there are some talented drivers here, and I am looking for just that, talented drivers.
      Attached Files

Comment

HIT up Ohio, we havea quiet riot of drifters slowly building up....Never underestimate the ohioians. lol but seriosuly we could put on a good show for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
          Maybe free chevettes?
          make that 2 free non rusty vettes and I'll think about it.

Comment

It sounds like fun, would be fun to watch.

I don't think I'd have much to personally contribute. I'm still pretty new to the sport and my stock Forester doesn't quite scream sexy drift machine.

I thought about the hoax thing too, but who knows. If it's true, we get some good videos. If it's not, not sure what would be the bad part, broken hearts maybe. If it's a cop thing, eh don't drift unless you're allowed to, get it in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
              It sounds like fun, would be fun to watch.

I don't think I'd have much to personally contribute. I'm still pretty new to the sport and my stock Forester doesn't quite scream sexy drift machine.

I thought about the hoax thing too, but who knows. If it's true, we get some good videos. If it's not, not sure what would be the bad part, broken hearts maybe. If it's a cop thing, eh don't drift unless you're allowed to, get it in writing.
              LOL---belive me I am not a cop

Comment

sounds pretty intresting... if you're willing to treck out to ohio, i'd be willing to drive a bit... and if i can get my hands on a quad or dirtbike i'd go a little loco on them for ya too... i raced moto x till i was 14 so i know a thing or two about em. end of the summer you said? and by the way do you mind if my car is say... primer colored? cause i don't have the cash to paint it at the moment

Comment

Who would have guessed Ohio would be a drift hot spot!!! I am from the Albany area of NY, I come to Ohio often to film with the StarBoyz, they are only about 6 hours from here. I might come out sooner than end of summer if I can hit the ohio drifters in a week, I just can't be away too long until after our event---so much planning, so little time! Thanks again for all the posts

Comment

will u be hitting up on the mid-west? there is a lot of drifters down here......

Comment

Originally posted by YATES
                      Who would have guessed Ohio would be a drift hot spot!!! I am from the Albany area of NY, I come to Ohio often to film with the StarBoyz, they are only about 6 hours from here. I might come out sooner than end of summer if I can hit the ohio drifters in a week, I just can't be away too long until after our event---so much planning, so little time! Thanks again for all the posts
                      the starboyz are local to me but yeah the end of summer would be the best... a lot of us are undergoing a lot of car fixing issues

Comment

Originally posted by DRFT_DREAM
                        will u be hitting up on the mid-west? there is a lot of drifters down here......
                        I will most definetly try, where are you located?
                        Last edited by YATES; 05-15-2004, 01:53 PM.

Comment

im located in utah. and i know some crazy dirt bikers too.

Comment

Well if you ever come to Hawaii there are a bunch of good guys and Dave is really cool about letting Media Companies record his events (Like Grip Video, 360 Video, Etc). Wouldnt be a problem and nobody would expect anything.

Comment

if you roll by south dakota. I will give you all the footage you want. Drifting, dirt bikes, whatever you name it I have a friend that will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                                Well if you ever come to Hawaii there are a bunch of good guys and Dave is really cool about letting Media Companies record his events (Like Grip Video, 360 Video, Etc). Wouldnt be a problem and nobody would expect anything.
                                I spoke to David Shimokawa last fall..I assume thats thats same person you are talking about.....that was before we ever filmed any drifting, and I still wasn't sure if it was a cool enough sport to fly all the way to Hawaii to film, I ended up just filming here in the states. I would like to do a documentray style piece on the Hawaii and the drifters there though. With gas prices going so damn high, and the RV only getting 8mpg, honestly I am not sure if my travel budget will allow me to get out there this time around, but I will see what I can do.

How many good drivers do you actually have that might be inetrested in getting together? Maybe we could shoot some stuff the weekend before an event, and then during an event.

Comment

Working...
                                X