No announcement yet.

240sx Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with doing a RHD conversion? There's a guy in GB here that did it to his S14, and it looks really clean.

You can find 240's cheap as hell. Personally, I'd go with the Kouki S14, I think they look better than the Zenki. However, my friend Karl did alot of work to his S14 Zenki, and it look really cool. He swapped in the R33 RB26DETT and did a ton of other work, including a full Veilside bodykit, RH rims, T66 single turbo conversion, but it fell off a trailer on the way back from HIN. Some of you might have heard of this car, LILGTR.

The night it died
    Last edited by AE86_drift; 05-18-2004, 08:11 PM.

Comment

besides bieng a waste of money (IMO), the only way you're going to be able to do that, and not have a completely floppy chassis'd car, is to:

1. buy USDM 240sx
      2. buy JDM s15
      3. pop off VIN from USDM 240sx
      4. drive USDM 240sx away
      5. drive JDM s15 up
      6. install USDM 240sx VIN into JDM s15
      7. pray you live in a place where you never see any police... ever..

edit: took off email notification
      Last edited by ; 05-19-2004, 09:26 AM.

Comment

lol I remember reading that from the owner or someone posting that on a thread. That really sucks tho, but I dont remember it being that color but I do definetly remember the story and seeing pics of the accident.

Comment

hmmm... right now is still pretty far from jan. anyway, i'd just go with the stock headlights. ykonw, stock is headlights are good too. and which year is the 240?

Comment

honestly converting it to a RHD is a complete waste of time and money.........well considering the fact that even if you did the RHD conversion it still won't be a true jdm S14,15 Silvia......well its your money so you can do whatever you want with it!!!!
            lets say the closest you'll get to an s14 is an engine swap, interior goodies,tail-lights, jdm front-end and headlights... and the decals.... if you go for the s15 the closest you'll get to that is the front-end conversion with the headlights and the engine and maybe the s15 steering wheel and seats.......but if you're willing to do the back end conversion it's going to burn the biggest hole in your wallet so think smart and go with the cheapest way possible!

Comment

^ Right, if you are gonna waste all that money to RHD and it not even be a real JDM Silvia, Id much rather spend that money and make it CENTER hand drive. Now that would be much diffrent, but still a waste of money.

Comment

If you want to do something that extreme such as a right hand drive conversion then get your self a S13 240sx, buy your self a S13 Silvia, they can be hand for a few grand from importers.. they just wont be street legal at all. Then start swapping crap out. (slightly more legal then swapping out the vin number... just takes alot longer)

Comment

You, sir, are JDM-obsessed and have lost your sense of reason. Give up and put the money into something worth it.

Comment

my "JDM" rhd silvia only cost me 3k and will be free to ship back to the states.

Comment

heh........if you're really that intent in getting a RHD Silvia or converting a 240 to a RHD
                      you should check out www.northwestnissans.com because they have a couple of RHD converted 240's and like 1 or 2 JDM Silvias......
                      but there is no point in converting it to RHD unless you find it COOL!!! and make you feel good about yourself hahahaha
                      like i said before.....go for the cheapest way possible!
                      check this.......
                      240sx coupe: all you need is an OEM front end, JDM Tail-lights, S13 red/black top SR20DET, Silvia Decals, and maybe the rear and front JDM seats from an Silvia and the speedometer obviously and maybe the steering wheel... thats about the closest you'll get to an s13 coupe........
                      so basically its not that much work you need to do......
                      the same goes for the fastback and the s14
                      just you'll have to get all the jdm s14 stuff for it and yeah blah...........
                      enough said..

Comment

Originally posted by DrifterN
                        heh........if you're really that intent in getting a RHD Silvia or converting a 240 to a RHD
                        you should check out www.northwestnissans.com because they have a couple of RHD converted 240's and like 1 or 2 JDM Silvias......
                        but there is no point in converting it to RHD unless you find it COOL!!! and make you feel good about yourself hahahaha
                        like i said before.....go for the cheapest way possible!
                        check this.......
                        240sx coupe: all you need is an OEM front end, JDM Tail-lights, S13 red/black top SR20DET, Silvia Decals, and maybe the rear and front JDM seats from an Silvia and the speedometer obviously and maybe the steering wheel... thats about the closest you'll get to an s13 coupe........
                        so basically its not that much work you need to do......
                        the same goes for the fastback and the s14
                        just you'll have to get all the jdm s14 stuff for it and yeah blah...........
                        enough said..
                        Unless im mistaken the Taillights and Seats are identical. So is the insturment cluster save the fact its in KM

so unless hes converting to RHD those arent an issue to convert a 240sx to silvia spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Cade
                          CENTER hand drive. Now that would be much diffrent, but still a waste of money.
                          whoa... center hand... i dont have one of those... lol. that would be sum weird shioz though. where would the ebrake and shift... uh... thing... go? on the dash?>!

but really dont waste the money getting it converted. get a real silvia or 180sx

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                            240sx's aren't really "special cars".They're quite a few to pass around,just avoid the overpriced ones.Like any car,you might find them ridiculousy cheap,or ludicrously overpriced.

An example,a 240sx being sold for $51,900 over here.

Overpriced

I could have over 40 Silvias shipped here for that price..lol
                            how can you charge 51k for a normal 240sx? that thing will never sell, it'll just sit in that lot until it rusts away unless they change the price.. i can find one in better condtion w/ mods here for like maybe 7k or so...

Comment

Originally posted by Xantos
                              why not spend the money it'd cost to make it right hand drive to actually import a real S15???
                              It doesnt cost that much, This mechanic here that works at xatracing did it himself to his 240 fastback..and he didnt use a clip..He still has the KA.

Comment

it's $51k because it's canadian money- eh

Comment

Working...
                                X