ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting's EASY According To Christian Rado (Quotes from SPORT COMPACT CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrodDrft
    he wont make it far in the competions dont worry

i dont think this thread shud have gone past this post

Comment

what's funny is the amount of marijuana RADO smokes before he does 8 second runs. if they did drug tests in IDRA; Rado would be out of a job 3 years ago. but you didnt hear it from me.

Comment

self-edited to keep things polite
        Last edited by Special_K; 05-27-2004, 01:11 PM.

Comment

On first read, Mr. Rado's article in SCC (Rado, Christian. "Racer Mentality: Sideways into the Future." Sport Compact Car: July 2004 pg 26) sounds more like Internet smack talk from a 15 year old with a superiority complex than a professional, sponsored drag racer.

However...

On a second read, it seems pretty clear that drifting in the USA is going to be heading in the same direction as drag racing and oval racing before it: Big sponsors, big budgets and big egos.

If you look at the history of all major automotive sports, they have evolved from fun, DIY, grassroots activities into boring, big budget, corporate exercises in branding and advertising (YAWN). I think this is what the crowd at D1 was booing when R. Millen debuted his General Motors GTO meal ticket.

This transition will determine if USA drifting is just a 'fad' or a 'real' sport. As fans and competitors, It's our job to make sure that it doesn't become as insufferably boring as NHRA or NASCAR.

Either way, the sport has someone that we can really hate -- thank you Mr. Rado!

Todd
          sciamop@hotmail.com

Comment

same as above..
            Last edited by Special_K; 05-27-2004, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Rado doesnt seem so bad. I talked to a friend yesterday and he met rado in person...said hes a real good guy. I dont really have a prob w/ him anymore..SCC sucks.
              Last edited by One80sx0wnr; 05-27-2004, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I think if i ever see this guy, im going to hurt him, and get away with it, because i know how. Seriously. I mean this guy is the epitamy of the wrong kind of people trying to get into drifting.

Comment

ok we got the fact that everyone hates him his attitude or his huge-@$$ ego... does this REALLY need to go on?

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
                    ok we got the fact that everyone hates him his attitude or his huge-@$$ ego... does this REALLY need to go on?
                    We do not close threads simply because one members has desided that "everything" has been said. If you no longer wish to participate then do not post in the thread.

Comment

beeing new to the board I only now saw this and it really ticked me off. Now I have said my part I will let these other guys roll with it.

If you want things to go away after you have read them get into chat sessions not message boards, sorry just my NSHO.

Comment

Scaimop makes some good points on his first post. I don' t have time to quote them (you can read, can't you?!).
                        In light of the fact that more and more people will be attracted to drifting, we should consider learning, understanding, and practicing the type of "dorifto" sportsmanship that the japanese have created. I understand that our culture and mannerism are not exactly the same, but if we learned how to drift from them, we could learn how to cope as the community grows. In this example of an "racing star" entering the scene trying to bring an egotistic attitude, if we were all the same page, we could show him that this sport is not like the one his use to, and that the people involved are beyond petty egos. The culture drifting, for what i have experienced, is not totaly about what you look like or how much you can spend, its about the driving spirit..i.e. the enjoyment and satisfaction of driving your car, with a group of people who are more than willing support you. I know driving in competions are much more fierce, but in the end thats what it should be about.

Comment

I have hated SCC for years. Christian's way of thinking is typical of SCC. They think they are always high and mighty. All of a sudden they pick up a s13, and they turn into a "JDM" magazine, yet the new issues has mostly civics in there...i hate those high and mighty bastards...

Comment

No Comment

If i would Type and express what i am thinking rite now what this guy said i will surely be banned from this forum for life.

Comment

Personally I enjoy SCC,it is quite technical compared to the rest.Also,those Hondas aren't what I would call rice,they can put down good numbers(I hate Civics,but I have to give credit to where it is due).Christians opinions don't reflect the magazine,but his views.I don't like Christian,I'll admit that.I also would not have a problem telling him everything I've said here directly to him.

Yes....

btw,,,Christian Rado coimpeted for The Fast and the Furious cup.So him saying that he's driving his 2 fast 2 furious cars is believable,

Comment

you'll see the reasons why i hate SCC in my article next month on IGN (let's get fongky) Those editors are really stuck up in person and thier magazine shows it. They may be technical, but they have a higher than mighty attitude. They think they know everything, thier test for Ultimate Challange is so flawed in many ways. I dont bash on civic's, but this magazine is all over the place in terms of image.

For example, they're supposed to be rally fans, and have a rally project in the works, however this book is not created to be a rally magazine. Even the professional rally driver from WRC stated that these guys didn't know jack.

Reasons like this is why i've stopped advertising, and why thier numbers have dropped like crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X