Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said I was going to do it on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter-ex
      I never said I was going to do it on the street.
      Parking lot and skid pad is okay to get started getting used to throwing the car around a bit, but it doesn't give you the real sense of speed a road course provides.

You will get addicted to the speeds real fast. At the last track event, one of the guy who has only done AutoX and parking lot drifting loved the track.

Stuff like GT is okay to learn the basic concepts, but not having that real g-force feedback, doesn't really get the point across.

Comment

I've been on a track day before but that was before I actually tried drifting. On a couple of turns at the track day I got some little power slides.But nothing like a real drift.

Comment

Bob Bondurant's drift school is 2 days and only cost 1000 dollars a day, also you get to drift nice and light GTOs

Comment

I've been on a track day before but that was before I actually tried drifting. On a couple of turns at the track day I got some little power slides.But nothing like a real drift.
            Good to hear you making distinction like that... You are making good progress than. There are still some folks that associate power slides with drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
              Good to hear you making distinction like that... You are making good progress than. There are still some folks that associate power slides with drifting.
              Like Bob Bondurant.

Comment

I have known about drifting since I was 10 or 11 it was just kinda starting to come out, so I am not a total newbie. But thanks for the compalement.

Comment

I still have my option magazine from like '97 or '98. Talking about drifting etc.

One of them has Taniguchi Nobuteru, still as a beginner, before he turned pro. lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevultaspeed
                    yeah drift bible is really good for the concepts... problem is yeah it does make it look too easy.... so it may get people hyped up and try to do it right away....

damn 14 is young..... got a long way to go...

ehh, I started at 13, no big deal.

rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Hachi Kid
                      ehh, I started at 13, no big deal.

rock.

LMAO Kids

Comment

If you say Nobuteru fast enough it sounds like your saying "no potatoe" err...jus thought i'd share that

Comment

is there anything else other than driving schools like huge elaborate books because i do see the need to understand things like how acceleration takes away traction from the tires and etc. because i know you can only push your tires to a certain point. another thing is actually in gran turismo 2 in the directions it has a crappy little explanation of drifting.

Comment

Club4AG's drift review DVD has some good explaination video on weight transfer.

The more difficult track is to take college courses on Statics, dynamics, physics, etc and become an engineer in the process.

Comment

It would take me longer to get to college than learn how to drift.

Comment

It would take me longer to get to college than learn how to drift.
                                I wouldnt be so sure of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X