Silvia vs. Corolla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia vs. Corolla

Ok here's my dilemna, it is going to be my first car and i want to eventually drift it.Ive narrowed it down to two main cars.

The hachi roku or a silvia (c18 or rb20) the silvia if i decide will be imported from japan and run me about 5200 candian. that includes lsd and such. If i get the hachi i will be getting a cheap one for say under 2000and put 3 grand or less into it

so what are your opinions ?
    Last edited by thatoreoguy; 06-08-2004, 01:34 AM.

Honestly Research is your friend.

Comment

well i have done some research i guess im just going to have to drive my friends to see which one i like better. But any comments anyone has that could sway me in a direction ?

Comment

why import a car for your first car? you dont get to test drive it and see how it feels...i say go with something around your area

Comment

The RHD's have advantages over the LHD (see Ernie Fixmers reason for why he drives a RHD).

Comment

ill search for the reason...but honeslty..as a righty, i feel more confortable shifting with LHD...but got used to RHD...i donno it seems like a lot more money importing a car when you could get a cheaper corolla like he said and fix it up...i donno just my opinion

Comment

Is Fixmer's reason for driving RH on this forum or did you mean search for it in the vast general sense?

Comment

i think he means this forum..but no one can be certain

Comment

"1. It will cause less problems overall, because of freedom for turbo kits and steering shaft cleance. 2. No need to have wiring changed. 3. I was kind of brought into drifting and feel more comfortable in a RHD.

Overall it is easier to put parts in this car, because most of the parts brought from Japan are made for Japan based cars. My tuner was able to start from scratch with this car.
                  "

exclude number 3..Also,drifting while sitting on your door.Unless your 6"6,your not going to be able to do it in a LHD as stable as you would in a RHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint

exclude number 3..Also,drifting while sitting on your door.Unless your 6"6,your not going to be able to do it in a LHD as stable as you would in a RHD.
                    haha yes i finally get it! thx for the info feint

Comment

For your first car you're going to want something reliable (nix the AE86) and also want something that you can get cheap parts for.

I don't know how Canadian money translates to USD, so I can't say whether it's a deal or not to get it imported, but it soudns like if it comes with LSD and JDM equipment, it would be a steal!

RHD versus LHD is up to you, but some people I know with daily driven RHD cars have had some troubles (such as police asking them "what the hell are you doing over there?!")

Other than that, a good ole LHD S13 with KA24 would be your next best bet. Depending on how big drifting is in your area, you may even have people asking you about it before you ever get out to an event.

-MR

Comment

Re: My dilemna silvia vs. corrola

Originally posted by thatoreoguy
                        Ok here's my dilemna, it is going to be my first car and i want to eventually drift it.Ive narrowed it down to two main cars.

The hachi roku or a silvia (c18 or rb20) the silvia if i decide will be imported from japan and run me about 5200 candian. that includes lsd and such. If i get the hachi i will be getting a cheap one for say under 2000and put 3 grand or less into it

so what are your opinions ?
                        what you need is a cheap a$$ beat up 510 or 240 with no mod. damn, why spend that much?

Comment

240's in my arear are about 4500 so for the extra 700 bux id get lsd and turbo motor and drifting is pretty big around here, here are some links so u get the feel for the vancouver drift scene

www.cannonball-r.com

www.vancouverdrifters.org

www.northwestnissans.com

www.dorikaze.com

all of these websites are north based and cannonball is who would import the car for me

Comment

5200 CDN=3858 USD.It's true,you can get Silvia's in better condition than 240sx's for cheaper.240's are overpriced almost everywhere.

Comment

i talked to the guy that owns RB Motoring, their gonna enter a RHD S14. i asked him why not just a lefty and his reason was that most drifting events occur in counterclockwise directions, therefore a guy on the right side of the car can more easily see the sitance between the car and the wall. it kinda surprised me but then it made sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X