Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

yeah something like that

I am pretty sure it has real ones though, I saw him accidentally turn them on at the Houston event...

Comment

the rigidness of a tube chassis is unmatched by a unibody car. that part is pretty unfair.

Comment

are we arguing about tube chassis cars or frame cars? I can understand how a tube chassis car would have a definitel advantage, but frame cars (3rd gen camaro's, old stangs, Grand nationals, el camino's, etc) seem to be at a disadvantage if anything...

:confused

Comment

this thread isnt about the advantages/disadvantages.

it's just about interpretting the rules.

'unibody' would exclude sams viper, older american cars, and trucks from the D1 events. (personally that's fine with me)

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
              I guess that means all the cars in the D1 shud b disqualified since they are all purpose built to drift
              don't be smart.... =p they aren't tube framed....

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                Those cars were not built as race cars,just daily drivers.The CC Viper came off the line as a race car,it's not even allowed on the street.
                exactly my point

Comment

Actually an older car with an actual frame has an advantage over unibody cars. Do you notice that some S15's and other 240's and what not have subframe connectors? Why are they trying to do this? To completly tie the frame together and try and make it one frame. So really the older domestics and what not have an advantage in that section. Also 3rd gen camaros are unibody which is why we need to install subframe connectors.

From what I've been told that all the vipers actually have some type of factory tube frame style or soemthing. Is this information wrong? I'm not sure but I don't know if Dodge would actually sell a car on the side even if a track only car. That would be completely new frame system. Though I'm guessing I"m wrong in this situation.
                  Last edited by REVLIMIT; 06-18-2004, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REVLIMIT
                    Actually an older car with an actual frame has an advantage over unibody cars. Do you notice that some S15's and other 240's and what not have subframe connectors? Why are they trying to do this? To completly tie the frame together and try and make it one frame. So really the older domestics and what not have an advantage in that section. Also 3rd gen camaros are unibody which is why we need to install subframe connectors.

From what I've been told that all the vipers actually have some type of factory tube frame style or soemthing. Is this information wrong? I'm not sure but I don't know if Dodge would actually sell a car on the side even if a track only car. That would be completely new frame system. Though I'm guessing I"m wrong in this situation.
                    From what I've seen, it's half tube frame from factory. The front half is tube and the rear I believe. The Cabin is a unibody frame ( I don't know what to call it... Semi - Body? )

Matt.

Comment

working for D1, i know where to find these things out, i asked Mr. Moto Miwa from club 4ag (also the safety guy for D1), and heres what i found out..

"offiicial rule"

Thank you for your inquiry,

At this time, trucks with non-unibody construction (ladder frame) cannot compete in D1 Grand Prix Series. These rules are set by Sun Pros Ltd, the publishers of
                      OPTION Magazine and Video Option titles.

Motohide "Moto" Miwa
                      President, Drift Association LLC / www.driftday.com
                      Webmaster, Club4AG.com / www.club4ag.com

Comment

isn't that just what was posted earlier....?

Comment

ionno?!

Comment

hehehe that's why all this came up.... =) Yeah we're trying to figure out what the legality as far as the extent.... but I'm sure it's gonna be left up to interpretation

Comment

Originally posted by PooPooBrown240
                              working for D1, i know where to find these things out, i asked Mr. Moto Miwa from club 4ag (also the safety guy for D1), and heres what i found out..

"offiicial rule"

Thank you for your inquiry,

At this time, trucks with non-unibody construction (ladder frame) cannot compete in D1 Grand Prix Series. These rules are set by Sun Pros Ltd, the publishers of
                              OPTION Magazine and Video Option titles.

Motohide "Moto" Miwa
                              President, Drift Association LLC / www.driftday.com
                              Webmaster, Club4AG.com / www.club4ag.com
                              Does this rule also exclude the many American cars with ladder frames, such as the Corvette? Such a ruling would make no sense whatsoever, unless there is some obscure safety concern rellated to body-on-frame cars that I haven't heard of. Ladder frame cars certainly don't offer a performance advantage over any other chassis type, as they would need extensive bracing to make them comparable in performance to the average unibody car.

Comment

The rule is probably directly ported from the japanese rule book, where a non unibody type car probably isnt sold. So it wouldnt of even been a consideration

Comment

Working...
                                X