Pro Drifters Wallets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
    That look your talking about, thats Ernie's normal look. We all thought the same thing when you first meet him but he is really cool as soon as you start talking. Just have to walk up and say whats up.
    I have to say when i saw him at laguna seca (getting sculded by the track officals for doing aburn out in the pits) he looked pretty imposing but after speaking to him on the forums abit he seems like a nice guy.

Comment

Ernie sure looks happy in this Laguna Seca photo.

He will be competing this Sunday at the Infineon Raceway and I wish him and all the other drivers the best!

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
      I have to say when i saw him at laguna seca (getting sculded by the track officals for doing aburn out in the pits) he looked pretty imposing but after speaking to him on the forums abit he seems like a nice guy.

Comment

See, same scowl even while hamming it up. Nothing wrong with it that I can see.

Comment

Why dont we have tracks where you pay and sign a waiver (like in a skatepark) and you can drift all day? That way, if you crash its your fault and you cant sue.

Comment

Well let's see the reasons that I can think of. Space, upkeep, insurance (which you have to have even with waivers since waivers can be contested and even though they signed their rights, you still get nailed in court sometimes) noise, parking. All that requires alot of land. It can't be like a skatepark and be hooked ono the end of the mall. Though I wish it could be. Property would probably be the most expensive part of that process. You would need acres of space to do a good track and it would need to be close enough in to a town that people who travelled there can stay somewhere but far enough out of the way to not attract the noise polution tickets.

Hard thing to do. With money, it could be a good idea but you'd nee bout 300,000 to do it right I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
              Well let's see the reasons that I can think of. Space, upkeep, insurance (which you have to have even with waivers since waivers can be contested and even though they signed their rights, you still get nailed in court sometimes) noise, parking. All that requires alot of land. It can't be like a skatepark and be hooked ono the end of the mall. Though I wish it could be. Property would probably be the most expensive part of that process. You would need acres of space to do a good track and it would need to be close enough in to a town that people who travelled there can stay somewhere but far enough out of the way to not attract the noise polution tickets.

Hard thing to do. With money, it could be a good idea but you'd nee bout 300,000 to do it right I would think.
              Lots of land out in Kern county Something nice and good sized not far from buttonwillow raceway would be great. already have hotels not far from empty cheap land. Also theres already a raceway there so you know the location works.

Comment

Hey Ghost..thanks for the info.We will definitly come down. Sounds like a really sweet spot. Keep me updated. And good luck with the downhill.

Comment

someone was talking about the scene here compared to the scene in japan and one difference I see is cops. While one track day a month for you so cal guys is cool the rest of us sometimes ( some more than others ) have to take it to the streets. When on the streets you have to be VERY careful of police because they do not take kindly to drifting at all. A friend of mine just got a 1200 dollar ticket and his car impounded for it when it seemed to be a safe secluded spot. From what I have heard about japan, it seems the cops arent really trippin about it that much and street drifting is very popular. Just my .02 about this all.
                  PS in the next 2 months I should be getting some Battleversion goodies

Comment

I know of plenty of land close to where I live: on the outskirts north of Phoenix. Speaking of which.....Phoenix needs some drift events!

Comment

Working...
                    X