This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmm. Race Queens.

Have you ever seen the pits just before a FISCO or JGTC, yeah. Haller at those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
      BEWARE OF TOUGE!!! I BELIEVE REDLINE TV AND OTHERS TV VIEWERS AREN'T READY FOR IT. SO DON'T TRY SHOWING IT ON TV!!!!

this is what im affraid of. That's why on my previous suggestion. Redline TV should try to do a little community service. Show where the new drifters can go for legal sanction race ( tel #, locations, events, drift day practices).

The word "TOUGE" This is what really worries me.
      I think the best advice to give about this one is just not to show any street footage or even make reference to it. I'm sure any 'newbs' or anyone that wants to just look cool may go out and try it themselves and end up hurting themselves or other people and ultimately make us, the real enthusiasts, look bad.

Comment

• So much anger, damn that rap music!

Wow - I have never seen so much enthusiasm on a board as I have with drifting.com.

Craig and Redline team - it sounds like you've got your work cut out for you.

I just have to chime in.

My first comment is actually a question to the members of this board. Where does it say Redline TV is suppose to be Drift TV? From the website it seems to just be a pure enthusiast driven show (for enthusiasts by enthusiasts). I know drifting is one of the central topics of the show but not the only topic. I think you guys need to keep this in mind. You guys wouldn't want me to *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about how this show should just cover road racing, import drag racing, or just JGTC. I want to see all of it! For now I think the concentration is drifting and JGTC but it would be great to see other motorsports action as well. Don't get me wrong - I really like drifting but it's not the only thing that the world revolves around.

There have been some great comments here and also some really ignorant and stupid ones. I am actually watching a Redline shoot as I type this and just with speaking with the guys and girl (meaning Courtney) - I'd have to say that you guys (and I mean you haters) just need to give the show a chance. I believe there will be a segment with Alex and Andy (showing some drift action) as well as some other drifters and some pro drivers from other motorsports areas with some really kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* cars. If you still hate it then - you should go suck on an apple and change the channel.

IMHO - some people in this forum seem to be very narrow minded. Relax and open up a little. You may learn something useful that you thought wouldn't be. If you've ever been to Japan - the drifters there are very welcoming. They want to teach and share there love - not just close their doors. Now I'm not saying that everyone here is like that. I just get that feeling from some of you but hey your entitled to your opinion. If you want "YOUR SPORT" ( and I don't know what made it YOUR SPORT) to stay underground - I think you're in for a giant let down. It's going to go mainstream. In fact it already has started to do so. For better or for worse - it's happening. Drifting is a great and exciting sport to watch - I'd love to see the complete D1 competition on TV!

It's funny that most of you never see the pains that people go through to bring you the best they can with the means that they have. For example - did you know that D1 was primarily closed off to ALL media (from the start of the top 16 matches down to the finals) because they wanted to save all the tandem drift footage for their Option DVD. These guys went through some major hoops just to get what they could - but you guys would never know that.

I have a great respect for the talent needed to be a competitive drifter. Many were purist in the beginning and though many have gripes about todays D1 and Formula Drift events and sanctioning bodies I believe that, in the end, everyone is happy to have a venue to really test their skills. Alex and Andy - what are your thoughts?

I believe that making such underground phenomenons more mainstream can only make it better for most everyone. .. I bet most of the drift drivers are not complaining about driving someone else's car on someone else's dime. I'm sure many of them don't miss crashing their own cars. Yes - much of the innocence will be lost but that's bound to happen anyway. Even street racing at 2 AM loses it's innocence. (And BTW - I was getting hounded by the cops just as much years and years before the F&F thing. We were young people with loud cars. Go figure.) And yes you will get some posers but if you love it - it may give you an opportunity to do what you love for a living. Now isn't that cool? If it doesn't work out - you'd still be doing it anyway.

Since I'm a newbie - I'll just give a quick introduction. I'm RJ de Vera. Most people call me aarrjj. I was the one that managed the build up of the "*Censored**Censored**Censored* Pepsi Evo" as one of you put it. Yes I'd like to build a drift car for myself but not to compete - just to go out have fun and learn more about car control. (Maybe I should make it a Pepsi one, LOL) I'm actually in love with road racing and because I really need some work there - I believe drifting would greatly aid me being a better driver. Most of you will probably hate me because I'm known for more of the show/street car stuff but I love everything about cars. Drifting, drag, circuit, show - it all helps me put a smile on my face. In the end - isn't that what matters most. I guess what I'm trying to say is just to give people and shows like this a chance. Yes - there are lots of times when you'll be let down but hopefully there will also be a lot of times when you'll get a huge grin your face.

When all is said and done - all you have to do is not watch the show and if eveyone feels the same way that you do then the show will go away.

Let's make sure to progress and not regress

I think Redline TV can become a great asset to drifting community as well as other racing communities...

Comment

• Originally posted by spock
          I think the best advice to give about this one is just not to show any street footage or even make reference to it.
          I hope so, my friend.

Comment

• even though you don't know me, WHASSUP RJ!

Comment

• I dissagree i think you guys should be frank and honest about drifting and the street scene. Fact is a kid seeing drifting doesnt need you to give them the idea to do it in the street. No one is going to watch your show rush out and rent out a track to see how it works. The fact is 95 percent of us started in the street and 95 percent of us are still in the street. That wont change by hiding the fact or pretending its otherwise.

Comment

• I like this post. Welcome to the site. Never watched Redline TV but you just got a new watcher. I drink Pepsi too.

Comment

• I kind of agree with that and I kind of don't. It is the truth that basically everyone who drifts does it on the street one time or another. But if you have a segment about it and start it off by saying "Now don't try this at home." some people will purposely defy that thinking they are rebellious. I think it's stupid myself, but some people are just like that.

Comment

• You want to be frank about street racing and street Drifting? Then show the crashes along with the good stuff. Kids see all the glory stuff and never any of the bad things of sports such as these. If they see the reality and the bhind the scenes stuff then maybe they will make a more informed decision on things that can kill them. Show them a $1000 front end ripped off by a curb or a busted tie rod end that puts someone into the wall. Show them the kid that tried to Drift into the mall parking lot and ramed a Suburban full of kids. Show that stuff. Sure it's a downer but then again so is death.

Show the photographers trying to get out of the way of cars or the stupid stuff. Show it all. Don't censor the hardwork and the let downs like the media in wartime, show everything. People will have a much more healthy respect. Kids these days think that nothing can happen to them. They think "i'll get into Drifting and i'll be so good that I won't crash" Yea right, there are 2 types of Drifters, those who have crashed and those who are going to crash. It's inevitable. You will ding that car of yours so get ready.
                    I ride downhill Mt Bikes and I am going to go down. That's why I wear body armor, so I don't get smashed.

So show it all man. Hook us up. Hook everyone up. Let them see the truth, not just the chicks in mini-skirts that never seem to show up at my spot.

Comment

• Welcome to the board RJ.
                      Actually in my personal point of view, When i saw their promo video. They stated that their show's backdrop was around drifting. So I though It will be like an American version of Option Video (you know the layout of the video, it's drifting first, some Dai segments, a little interview, showing new products, sometimes even a track test segement, then the perverted segment, lol)

But I was wrong.

Comment

• I agree Ghost 100 percent. Be frank, because no one is NOT going to use the street because they didnt see it on the tv.

Comment

• Re: So much anger, damn that rap music!

Originally posted by rjdevera

IMHO - some people in this forum seem to be very narrow minded. Relax and open up a little. You may learn something useful that you thought wouldn't be. If you've ever been to Japan - the drifters there are very welcoming. They want to teach and share there love - not just close their doors. Now I'm not saying that everyone here is like that. I just get that feeling from some of you but hey your entitled to your opinion. If you want "YOUR SPORT" ( and I don't know what made it YOUR SPORT) to stay underground - I think you're in for a giant let down. It's going to go mainstream. In fact it already has started to do so. For better or for worse - it's happening. Drifting is a great and exciting sport to watch - I'd love to see the complete D1 competition on TV!
                          I think the reason some people on here seem narrow-minded(I'm pretty sure you're including me in that. Sorry) is that we've seen what kind of effects big media attention has had on the "import scene" and we're afraid of it happening again. Personally, I don't want people to get into this stuff because they think it makes them look cool. Those kinds are usually the thug types and really annoying yuppy kids. But if they can do a good job on this show I'm all for it and will support them 100%. We just don't want "our sport" to be ruined like skateboarding, BMX, Motocross and even NASCAR.

Comment

• Let big business come in, heck, hire me!!!! Let me make some big money while supporting a sport that I like. Remember people, you can do the most damage or good from the inside.

Comment

• You sold out to Rob Cohen and his Fast and the Furious crap.You were glamorizing and exaggerating racing,which just turned a fire into an inferno.I'm pretty sure most people are aware of the impact FNF has.Can anyone tell me one postive that movie has created except from dragging more people to HIN? Everytime a Honda crashes it's a Fast and the Furious race,even if it's not a race,they're just imitating it anyways in the eyes of the media.So then The Man comes breathing down everyones neck(like it wasn't bad enough before) causing more unwanted headaches than beyond necessary just because someone got a little inspiration from a Racer X article and decided to make a mulit-million dollar movie, pushing it completely over the edge.Then he grabs two so-called icons (you and Craig) to try and keep it authentic and real.Both of you created two huge sucesses for corporate America,and two huge disasters/train wrecks for car enthusiasts.Why should anyone trust you two?

You know how nicer this car was before it got in Craigs hands? Do you know how much faster it was before it got in his hands?

When SCC got their hands on it,it ran a 14.1 quarter mile.Yeah,there's stock Skylines that haul more *Censored**Censored**Censored* than that.That Skyline seriously was messed after it fell in Craigs hands.Three nitrous bottles,wtf...Nothing like have three bottles of NAWS for a 14 second Skyline GTR.What happend to your authenticy there? And that design,I've seen blind draw better designs than that.

Yeah,you know what's ironic,Courtney's Eclipse has the same silver paint as the 2F2F Skyline."You won't find any bling bling or neons here"except my rice Eclipse with Altezzas,some cheap air bag suspension,a big stereo with a built-in navigation,DVD,and a PS2 in the dash right? If Courtney's a car person,then she would research deeper into the area she's covering.Hell,if she was a professional she wouldn't jump in without knowing the basics.Her presentation is lack lustre.She had no delivery what so ever,next to nothing enthusiam,and overall,just a piece of *Censored**Censored**Censored* to look at it.At least she's nice to watch on mute.

I guess Courtney's groupie is going to jump in and try to flame me for this.

Comment

• Atta boy Feint

Comment

Working...
                                X