• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spock
    A good host would be someone like this:

Seriously.
    Oh for sure!! haha

Host A -

or Host B -

Sorry dudes, but like someone was talking about *Censored**Censored**Censored* tendencies, I'll be going with Host B !!!

Comment

• Good luck at Formula Drift

To all drifters competing at Formula Drift in Sonoma - BEST OF LUCK. Have a great competition.

Go DAI Go. I hope my boy Yoshihara kicks all your asses. LOL.

No go out there and use up some rubber!

Comment

• Re: Now that's what I am talking about...

Originally posted by rjdevera
        For example I think all road racers should learn and practice drifting and do some go karting and vice versa, as IMHO, this all aids in being better drivers (whatever your main focus is).
        And i think every driver should do the same for that same reason of becoming better drivers. how can this happen? By pushing for a culture that represents just that. So all i ask is that is done right this time.

Comment

• I just realized when Jasper posted, this IS a Drifting forum, and I should respect that. It's kinda like preaching to an Atheist here.

I'm more into other things besides Drifting. I like the car shows, the races, meets, autocross, etc.

My mind is OPEN to a bunch of things. You guys should try it. Just because some of your lives revolve around Drifting, doesn't mean everything else sucks and it's all about Drifting or nothing else.

Quoted from SpikeTV.com -
          A new sport compact and drifting show on Spike TV; Redline TV is the real deal. We drift with the best and drive with the pros. We battle and race tuner’s cars and we experience taking a car to the limits... Redline TV.

It said Sport Compact people, guess what that means? Your going to get more than just a drifting audience. Why can't we share the love for all the aspects of the import scene?

And whats with the hate from that one dude on Courtney Day? Damn lay off the girl man. Like someone was saying she's just doing her job. So much hate here! Just because your not into show cars doesn't mean other people don't like it. Any girl with a hot ride should be praised, not hated. CALM DOWN people!

Comment

• offtopic:
            Sorry dudes, but like someone was talking about *Censored**Censored**Censored* tendencies, I'll be going with Host B !!!
            ha...stop thinking with your "member" and grasp the concept we have all proposed, creditability..Besides, the Liberman said their sticking with her so your and friends can sit and gawk at her all you want. Also, just because there people younger than you posting on this board it doesn't necessarily mean that they are less inferior than you. I know at least one that could drive/drift well and has decent racing knowledge.

ontopic:
            And i think every driver should do the same for that same reason of becoming better drivers. how can this happen? By pushing for a culture that represents just that. So all i ask is that is done right this time.
            damn str8...
            Last edited by SilviaLove; 07-09-2004, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 96AudiBoi
              Shot down? Aww sucks for me. I was put in my place by 3 or 4 adolescent forum junkies with no open mind.

Dude, nobody challenged my argument because it's so *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing true. I searched the 1st 10 profiles on this thread and most were born after 1985!!!! Did further searching and found even younger.
              Some of these comments are pure comedy.

How do you expect any of us to take you guys seriously? You people need to open your minds and lose the ignorance. It's JUST a TV show.

I can't believe myself or even the 2 car gurus RJ and Craig are wasting our time with you guys.
              Any logical person is going to see the points made by 2 people who have made careers out of this and have proven experience over random young forum whore know it all's.

I'll say it again, just CHANGE THE CHANNEL.

I challanged your opinion, quite well i might add. You implied that the model and such was nessisary to brodem the apeal of the show. i coutner argued with this statement.

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
              I shall...

You said abunch of your friends watched it because of the model, thus WE need sex appeal in it.... Why? so your friends who dont like drifitng will watch a show based on it? then what? rush out and buy drift spec suspension components for there SUVs and pickups or something?

A show about drifting needs to market to drifters or else it has no audience.

See the thing is, Drifters dont need NON Drifters in drifting. Theres nothing for them to do. If they arent interested in drifting them self, or watching others drift, then whats the point? at that point it just becomes a car show doesnt? And the adolecent comment was just cheap.. Im 21 and yeah a forum junkie, so sue me. This forum is open to the public anyone may sign up, be they 13 or 50.

Maybe its easier to argue and put them down then to discuss things with the adults and intelegent members of the forum. Heres my question to you, "Are you a drifter?" because if you dont drift then you really have no right to speak on it. Yeah things may sound great to an outsider but alot of us have very different opinions then the focus groups and discussion panels seem to think. We dont need guys drifting up only to open moutain dew and yell "DRIFT THE DEW" in order for us to like drifting.

Let me rephrase that... We dont need and dont want it.

Now, i can understand and respect if your into other things that is fine. However you did come to a drifting forum to post in a thread about what drifters thought about a show on drifting.

Your opinion is interesting as an outsider or none drifters opinion however in MY opinion they should base this show around what drifters want! i mean what if they put on a euro car show and desided they needed to target American muscle car fans? it would be kind of silly. And im sure you guys would be pretty xenophobic if we came on going "Damn show needs more driftn!" (we say that but everything by the way)

Now the bulk of my arguement here is aimed at the aparently ubiquitous lieberman. First thing is first. You claimed to be drifting back in the 80s when it was called powersliding. Eh i cringe when i hear people say that. Let me give you a link to help you and other new guys to the scene out. Its wrote by a very nice and intelegent drifter out in hawaii. http://www.powerslideways.com/powersliding.htm

Now Mister Leiberman i have to admit every time you post i seem to like you less and less. First of all it seems like you cant stop talking about how great you are. How cool and rich you've become How much money you have. How much "success" you have. Sir if you have been drifting as long as you claim then you obviously are that bad element of drifting im always talking about. Hell Ernie Fixmer and Alex Pfeiffer who have every right to be cocky about there skill, post on here, and seem down right humble (if not very humble) next to you.

You need to understand that in drifting your respected not for the money you have, not for how many expensive cars you have, or how much you can afford to put into a car (like the show car scene) it all comes down to if you can drive or not. Tossing your so called success around just pisses people off. I know in my mind... and as ignorant as it may seem i knew very little of you before this started and had no negative feelings.... You seemed nice enough at first but every post that went by you seemed to get worse and worse. Frankly your attitude doesnt agree with me.

Lieberman you claim to be one of us but you are so clearly not, your list of cars.. hell it doesnt even include a japanese car. And though i can deffenately respect our brothers in the eurocar scene and apreciate and respect the vehichles its hardly an inexpensive rwd car. And sence your all about the tuner market, its hardly a tuner car! Its just an expensive car. Hell for the cost of that vehichle you could easily keep a "tuner car" or a "drift" car in your garage for next to nothing more. No mater how wealthy i may become i think i will always have my 240sx with me. Its just a love of the car you know? i hope you can understand that, because if you can then we arent so different after all. However if your attitude is "Dude i can get more chicks with my porsche sell the little nissan." Then clearly you are very different then my self, and indeed most drifters you will run into. I hope the second is not true.

Mainly what bugs me is you keep mentioning how things wouldnt be where they were today with out fast and the furious or this and that.. stuff that you worked on i supose. You make it sound like if it wasnt for you we all wouldnt be sitting here today. In otherwords the implication is your god's gift to our sport. And that drifter NEEDS you the way show car and drag racers NEEDED you to make the fast and the furious. Or some nonesense like that.

The fact is drifitng doenst need anything or anyone. It especialy doesnt need outsiders trying to advance it. See the thing you need to understand is very few of us drift in order to go pro. We drift for fun. We will drift now and we will drift in 10 years, regardless of anything else. Drifting will go on. Drifters dont need events and television shows or movies. That means any of those things are icying on the cake. And if you dont like the icying it can easily ruin the cake. Because extra media attention becomes just that Extra, we try to make sure if its going to be there that its acurate. Hell we have even corrected a new york times artical on this site and had a correction printed.

Basicly if your going to do something about drifting do it right or dont do it at all. None of us need you in this sport. So if your going to be here grab a S13 or something go to a track and practice. But dont tell us we should be lucky your here. Why dont you go and look up the "Christian Rado says drifting is easy thread" To see how to make a bad impression in the drifting world. You know i feel bad for rado and i know hes now trying to correct that error, the only way you can... with seat time! And its very admirable but man that artical was like a big foot in his mouth.

You will no doubt have a sharp reply to this, Go ahead and feel free to.

Comment

• http://wheredamoviezat.com/qstats.ph...cd59daf09303bd

torrent of the first show

Comment

• Re: So much anger, damn that rap music!

Since I'm a newbie - I'll just give a quick introduction. I'm RJ de Vera. Most people call me aarrjj. I was the one that managed the build up of the "*Censored**Censored**Censored* Pepsi Evo" as one of you put it. Yes I'd like to build a drift car for myself but not to compete - just to go out have fun and learn more about car control. (Maybe I should make it a Pepsi one, LOL) I'm actually in love with road racing and because I really need some work there - I believe drifting would greatly aid me being a better driver.
                  RJ,

from a road racer who gotten into drifting, that thinking is very correct. Drifting has definelty made my grip driving skill much better. I find myself pushing the car closer and on the edge of it's limits after being over the limit while drifting...

Comment

• mm i can't wait till satuday lol should be interesting

Comment

• yo nissanguy, just wanna say thnx for backing me up, brotha.

Comment

• This is a little off topic, but I'm 16 years old and got my license a week ago. I've had my 89 240 for about a month, but for the last week, I've been practicing for no less than 4 hours a day, every day, working on shifting the weight to induce a drift. Since it's an automatic there's not a whole lot I can do but I do what I can with what I have. I have saved every penny since I was 10 for my first car btw. I have spent two whole paychecks on just tires, and I am know working odd jobs just so I can Pay for Insurance + tires. So don't say that just because people weren't born before 1985 that we have no say. Sometimes I can't even go to sleep because I think about what my car will become in time. So in ending I say that I'm proud of my car. I't may be slow, auto, whatever, but i'm proud.

Comment

• Re: The Ever So Popular Fast and Furious Topic

BTW - when did all the people tuning their cars become all thugs. I mean there are a number of them out there but they are not the majority. I think some of you have fallen and believe all the media stereotypes which is exactly what you don't want to happen to "your drifting scene". How do you expect people not to stereo type you guys if you are doing it yourself.
                          These media stereotypes are the kinds these shows sell out to. At least that's what I've from nearly everything the American media has done when they cover the "import scene." And that includes everything from the Fast and Furious movies to Super 2ner TV. That's the impression most of us on here have of Redline TV from everything we've seen so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by yarzan
                            yo nissanguy, just wanna say thnx for backing me up, brotha.
                            i second that. *reference to nissanguy.

Comment

• Ahh, this is growing old...

Quote: Lieberman you claim to be one of us but you are so clearly not, your list of cars.. hell it doesnt even include a japanese car. And though i can deffenately [sic] respect our brothers in the eurocar scene and apreciate [sic]and respect the vehichles its hardly an inexpensive rwd car. And sence [sic] your[sic] all about the tuner market, its hardly [sic]a tuner car! End quote.

I found this portion of your thread difficult to understand....but this section, like the rest of your post, seem to harp on your belief that I'm trying to be something I'm not.

Quite the contrary; what I have been trying to communicate is that I have BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. If you don't think sliding a 240Z around canyon roads in 1986 is the same as Touge today, you're out in left field. My point was, I DID IT ALREADY and I believe this, among other experiences, make me qualified to consult for so many companies. I hope one day you are afforded the same opportunities.

By my own admission, I'm at a different point in my life than most drifters. European cars and more upscale brands are my current preference. I'm not telling you what cars I own to impress anyone, I relayed this point because I felt it proves that as car geeks get older, we still love nice cars. I don't claim to be one of you, I claim to have come from a similar background and to prove that I have paid my dues. It pisses ME off when young people think they've done everything and know everything at 21.

As for the fellow who says he'll still have a 240 in his garage in 20 years: yeah, sure. In 20 years, you'll most assuredly be able to buy any car you want, and most tend to want to broaden your horizons but we ARE alike in the sense that like me, you most likely enjoy the punch that only a turbo'd car can provide...your taste just gets a little more expensive as you mature, trust me.

As for the gentlemen who said "you don't even own a Japanese car,", umm, hello? Been there, done that, too. Owned a Supra and a Skyline. Now I gotta buy a $6000 to prove I'm cool? Great, I'll take a dozen...scratch that, I like mine with air conditioning, and most drift cars don't have a/c anymore ;-) I noticed no one bothered to answer my questions about their age, or their credentials, nor do they even post under their real name, yet they're supposed to be credible because they post on a forum?

To be blunt, as one fellow pointed out, Redline is NOT 100% about drifting; it is designed to expose a wide range of people to the PERFORMANCE aspects of the tuner world. Drifting is a MINISCULE part of the tuner performance world. All of the drifting events outside of D1GP have drawn very modest sized audiences.

Is it cool? Hell yes, and I love every minute of it and I'm glad we're covering it. Hell, we show your boy Alex Pfeiffer.

I am astonished and mortified that so many people aren't more ecstatic to see drifting covered on a REAL network and as in depth as we are.

I did not come into this forum searching for opinions, I came to respond to bogus assumptions, myths, misinformation and questions.

You may want to consider this: without sponsors, and without the creators of this program, there would currently be ZERO coverage of your beloved drifting on American TV. Tragic that few realize this. With respect to Super2NR and other import programming, trust me when I tell you that even though some of us liked it, most did not, and it was pulled from the air. Clearly, something was wrong (although for the record, I thought some of the content was great).

Again, you're free to get your company to sponsor and create a TV program...if you think you can do it better and make money, tell me what channel to watch. Its' easy to sit back from a computer and cast aspersions when you don't grasp the big picture which includes logistics, network TV requirements, the ability to sell programming, sponsorship relationships, etc.

You don't think we wanted to show touge? You think any sponsor would buy commercials on a TV program showcasing illegal activities? You think anyone would be dumb enough to allow their secret spot to be revealed on camera? You don't think we wanted to go to Japan and cover cars on a Japanese road? Did you even notice that unlike other sponsors, MagnaFlow freely allowed competitor's logos to remain visible. Why? We wanted to cover the whole sport.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes that you nothing about.

Look, if you don't like or my cars, great....at least be smart enough to MEET me before you say you hate me...makes you look less narrow minded.

For Ziptyed, let me just say that you are EXACTLY the type of viewer we want: the passionate who don't hate, they love...they love the sport and all things associated with it.

To Jasper: make us proud, guys. Hopefully, Redline will catch up with you next season.

So tune in this week and send your hate emails to me, clieberman@magnaflow.com

Comment

• craig and rj, I didnt mean to attack you personaly, I dont know you guys, your right craig, sorry.

As for the rest, your assuming that we want you here. You talk about respect and then attack nissanguys spelling?!?! he's the guy around here we respect. I still thing drifting will get blinged out, and that suck IN MY OPINION.

Drifting is not a miniscule part or our performance world, what do you think we would talk about on DRIFTING.com?

Comment

Working...
                                X