No announcement yet.

2007 GT-R (Big News and PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess...i still don't like the 350z till this day...

Comment

if you guys really look at the picture, especially the headlights, it looks like the next 350z! thats not to say that nissan isn't working on the GT R but by the lines and size and the headlights, it just looks more like the proto type for the next 350z!

Comment

Is this car coming to North America? Is there any idea as to how much the base price will be? I wonder if these new style "space cars" (Eclipse, GT-R) won't alienate some of the young people and tuners that popularized their earlier incarnations. Young people might be forced away because the cost is too great and those people who enjoy packing a little extra into their car will be scared away because there really isn't a lot to be improved on. Previous generations of the Eclipse, and Skyline - although, the Skyline certainly to a lesser extent, at least in North America - were popularized because they were fairly cheap, had go out of the box, and had room for improvement, hence the aftermarket following. These new cars are high performers, they have a lot of power. Also, some very sophisticated engineering combined with some space age materials makes them handle and perform fairly well. I think that these cars are too close to being supercars. We won't be able to afford them, and the people who could buy them will buy Porsches or Ferrari's instead. Maybe in twenty years we'll have the money to buy some used ones, and the technology to tune them, but I don't think we'll be using gasoline very much by then. Whatever that's just my over simplified opinion...

Comment

This car will be in north America. It is said this car will be a "very good value" probably positioned about 40 grand so about 10 grand over the Z car (my guess) which is about the cost of the R34 GTR.

Comment

If you look it is more like an Altima...

The next GT-R will be sold globaly and will (unless it can't pass emissions) be in America. We already have the skyline (G35) and we also have the G35 with the AWD.

The enigne will be a VQ, I can't see it being any other. The enigne is new and with it's success in the 350, why would you not use it again? though Nissan might just use a hopped up version of the G35 engine (not sure of the engine code), but I can't see it being a V-8. Nissan only has like 1 (if any) V-8 and I think it's in the Titan or some American only SUV thing. The original R35 concept at the Tokyo motor show had a V-8 that was TT I believe...something like that but I know it had a V-8. It will most likely be a forced inducted VQ, probably with a turbo(s) . As for the liters...probably a 3.5/3.6 a bit bigger than the 350Z possibly for a bit more tq.

Any way i look at it I think I will never like the styling of this car. I love the R34/33/32 and the R31 in the 80's (even the old ones in the 60's) ever since I saw them. New cars may be wierd and will become the norm just like the 90's cars were but there will still be cars I will always hate the look of, and I hae the feeling that the R35 will be one of them. The 350Z is looking better everytime I see it but this will be one i am willing to forget.

Nissanguy, I thought R24 GT-R were at least $50 grand new. Wouldn't it be at least $15-20 grand higher than the 350Z.(the 350Z at like $35K right?)

The 350Z is growing on me. I like the blue color on the car but I still am not a big fan of it though I due respect in it a few aspects

Comment

I'm thinking the Base will be just over 30k... by base I'm saying liek a 5 speed, cloth int. no turbos, no awd. Just barebones car and engine.

Comment

THe 350Z is already 30K, and that's just the base I believe (or close to it). The skyline has always been the flagship of Nissan Sports cars. I thing it will be at least 40-50K, 40 being the base GT-R ( if that is possible to have a base GT-R) it can't come in low powered forms, that is what the G35 is. besides, who wants a NA GT-R?. maybe some years ago but I htink the TUrbo will be the only enigne choice. Who knows? MAybe Nissan will take a RWD G35, slap in the GT-R motor (maybe detuned a bit) or a similiar motor and make another GTS-T. would be sweet because I love the G35 and i am not particulary fond of the new GT-R's looks...

Comment

it looks ugly. why mess with something that looks so good already? well, the outside is a boo but if they have anything like the G35 inside then it may be ok after all. power is nice but it is just something most of us will look at, never own.

Comment

the new gt-r looks alright but i like nissanguy's version better...but the nissan icon on the grill gotta go.....it stands out so much (in a bad way) the gt-r badge should be in the middle of the grill to look like the r34

Comment

Looks a ton better than the previous version. Wonder how much it weighs.

Comment

I just recived the august issue of super street and apparently nissan is also thinkin about bringing back the Siliva JOY! The base model should sport the QR20DE and the next step is prob the VQ23 or a supercharched VQ25. It also states that they MIGHT be sold as Sentras but thats unlikley.

Comment

feels wierd to jack my own thread...

I bet the silvia line-up will be a Q's and K's again, with the QV for the Q's cars and a forced inducted VQ for the K's

Comment

I read that it will be in competition with Porches new model comin' up in some magazine, but that's as far as I know.

Comment

My "base" 350Z was 26.9K...
                              I think this car will be in the 40's for sure just so it's not stepping on G35's territory. It'll be cheaper than the Q45/or future Q56 cuz it's supposed to be a budget sports coupe. I expect it to be no more than mid 50K's. I guess I have to save up and stop modding the Z.

Comment

Originally posted by 98BlueStang'
                                THe 350Z is already 30K, and that's just the base I believe (or close to it). The skyline has always been the flagship of Nissan Sports cars. I thing it will be at least 40-50K, 40 being the base GT-R ( if that is possible to have a base GT-R) ...
                                i thought i read an article that projected it to be around 70K. in 2007. so expensive, they would probably tag it as an infiniti. don't quote me though this was months ago and i am going off of memory. i am searching now for that article.

Comment

Working...
                                X