what legal and whats not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what legal and whats not

does anybody know a website or book that say wether a part is legal or not to put in a car?

Re: what legal and whats not

I think the DMV has a book that covers the general rules.

Originally posted by ken_nomura88
    does anybody know a website or book that say wether a part is legal or not to put in a car?

Comment

be more specific

Comment

If you are talking exhaust and that stuff, try googling "Clean Air Act of 1963" Or look up "U.S. Emission Laws"

Comment

well like if a certain header, certain mufflur is legal as well as other aftermarket parts like steering wheel, turbo, seats, body kit,suspensions, etc......

Comment

Normally, they product will say on it somewhere that its not street legal. To my knowledge the producer must inform the consumer of legals usage.

Comment

In California, all aftermarket parts have to have CARB E.O. numbers or exemption. Anything that doesn't is illegal.

Comment

Texas is anything and everything is legal until it's illegal...

Therefore most of your engine modifications are legal unless it's considered illegal in Texas...

Matt.

Comment

wtf is that supposed to mean

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                    Texas is anything and everything is legal until it's illegal...

Therefore most of your engine modifications are legal unless it's considered illegal in Texas...

Matt.
                    that has to be the most confusing *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* i have ever read.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper
                      that has to be the most confusing *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* i have ever read.
                      Basically until you're *Censored**Censored**Censored* doesn't pass inspection, you're legal...

That's how Texas law is... It's very loopholed when it comes to cars...

matt.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                        In California, all aftermarket parts have to have CARB E.O. numbers or exemption. Anything that doesn't is illegal.
                        also don't forget legal sound from exhaust modifications, anything that is over 95 decibils is illegal from what I've heard, but I've heard many cases where people have gotten fix-it tickets because the officer just thought it was to loud, most times there was written facts stating it was legal, sound testing, but the officers judgement apparently overruled that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Z S13
                          also don't forget legal sound from exhaust modifications, anything that is over 95 decibils is illegal from what I've heard, but I've heard many cases where people have gotten fix-it tickets because the officer just thought it was to loud, most times there was written facts stating it was legal, sound testing, but the officers judgement apparently overruled that.
                          See like in Texas, the cops have better things to do like catch people who are speeding... They don't care about people getting robbed at gunpoint, people being raped, etc...

Man, I hate the police here...

Matt.

Comment

Yeah, in Super Street, they're always talking about problems with exhaust notes. The DC sports exhausts seem to be causing problems with the fuzz

Comment

this'll help with the decibel rating of exhausts of cars....:
                              Exhaust On News

Comment

Working...
                              X