No announcement yet.

A70 Supra + 2JZGTE Motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets see some nice a70 pics while we are on the subject ey?

Comment

1jz's suck....their HP potential is not as high. the internals are weaker and it does not put down as much torque as the 7m can.

plus the 7m's bottem end is ALOT stronger....thats due to Toyota trying to make a lighter weight engine....they sacraficed strength....why do you think they went on to develope the 2j series motors? the 1j only lasted what....3 years or so?

and you are right about the a70 drifting smoother....alot of heavier cars can hold a wider drift smoother than say a ae86 corrola or 240sx....look at the soarers and friggen cefiros!

Comment

http://www.supramania.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10012

SOAPRA conversion....

soarer and a supra...

they share the same drivetrain ( cept the 1g motor) brakes, suspension....and what do you know, the front end bolts right up

Comment

Well like I said it's not for everyone... Thanks for the link that front looks pretty sick on a A70...me like! I can't remember what it is but I have seen another type of front end conversion.

Comment

yeah, the supra guys bashed me for wanting to do the front end conversion....haters...

they are all about drag racig and crap...and me being all into drifting and road racing...that just doesnt mix LOL

Comment

Maybe they'll come around someday...

The Soarer front end looks pretty good.

You got any pics (or ever seen) Izumida's gold A70 truck during the 2000-2001 season (I think)

-MR

Comment

actually i just saw it in a picture set yesterday! the gold ORC a70 right?

that thing is BAD!!!

oh, my wheels are in the USA!!! via BAXGLOBAL...yeas JDM shizznit.

Comment

Son! SON!

Look, here's what you're going to do.

First you're going to find a lightweight body kit mostly carbon based. You're looking for the best way to get rid of weight as you can first find a decent lightweight suspension as well that will keep your car pretty loose so it can slide easier with a feint sorta drift.

No JZ No 7M!!!! I know they're gorgeous wonderful perfect works of art in the engine category but they have this wee tinsy bit of problem. Weight, those things are way too heavy for their own good. So you should get a lightweight MR-2 J-Spec 3S-GTE 4 banger engine, they use them in the JGTC cars why not apply the same weight destroying technique for drifting?

That's my opinion at least you don't have to do it if you don't want to. But it's something you can try out.
                  I was going to use it on one of those old Celica-Supra's and get 450 out of the little 4-banger turbocharged. Go with balance and get a nice power to weight ratio going and you will be able to slide, well, slide with practice.

Comment

Originally posted by mr2_Dori
                    Son! SON!

Look, here's what you're going to do.

First you're going to find a lightweight body kit mostly carbon based. You're looking for the best way to get rid of weight as you can first find a decent lightweight suspension as well that will keep your car pretty loose so it can slide easier with a feint sorta drift.

No JZ No 7M!!!! I know they're gorgeous wonderful perfect works of art in the engine category but they have this wee tinsy bit of problem. Weight, those things are way too heavy for their own good. So you should get a lightweight MR-2 J-Spec 3S-GTE 4 banger engine, they use them in the JGTC cars why not apply the same weight destroying technique for drifting?

That's my opinion at least you don't have to do it if you don't want to. But it's something you can try out.
                    I was going to use it on one of those old Celica-Supra's and get 450 out of the little 4-banger turbocharged. Go with balance and get a nice power to weight ratio going and you will be able to slide, well, slide with practice.
                    and thats why you are......well..........

come on man, did you research anything you just said? the 3sgte is a hard if not the hardest swap you could ever do....the drivetrain has to be lined up PERFECTLY. the position of the motor has to be at a certain degree ( i believe its 8' degrees) for the oil to sump right....

but the motor HAS NO TORQUE. the 2jz would of never made a good race motor becuase the gobs of torque it produces...in drifting and drag racing...you need torque not too much but enough.

so in the end the 3sgte in the mk4 supras were put in for a number of reasons....not alot of torque=less torquing around the turn in essecnce less spin outs...we all know jgtc racing and other forms of racing are called "grip racing" if you loose that one little bit of grip on a flat out race car...the car will spin out ( due to the tires slipping due to to much TORQUE steer)...

you get me?

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
                      1jz's suck....their HP potential is not as high. the internals are weaker and it does not put down as much torque as the 7m can.

plus the 7m's bottem end is ALOT stronger....thats due to Toyota trying to make a lighter weight engine....they sacraficed strength....why do you think they went on to develope the 2j series motors? the 1j only lasted what....3 years or so?

and you are right about the a70 drifting smoother....alot of heavier cars can hold a wider drift smoother than say a ae86 corrola or 240sx....look at the soarers and friggen cefiros!
                      ... i would really like to know where you got your information from.

because the 7m is the worst platform for both road racing and drifting. there are too manythings that were faulty in its design.

the 1j is still to this day in use in japan, unlike the 2j which got discontinued.

1j can support well over 1400hp with its current bottem end.

I'll agree about the 7m being able to produce more torque (hp to torque ratio)

1j is a revv happy engine

7ms hate high rpms, I own a ma71 and have many friends with 1js and have gone out on the limb to reaserch both engines.

trust wen i say that the 7m is a BS engine. there was a reason why it got replaced by the 1j.

and please do not quote the HP rating it has according to the japs. both jza70 and jza80 on a dyno with just intake and exhaust produce 280rwhp and 1j:285 torque 2j 283 torque.

---------------

the supra doc has a soapra (a70 with soarer front end) soon to be 1j powered

can't wait to feel and see it once its 1j powered

Comment

Don't forget my little A70.These are not mine.
                        Attached Files

Comment

truck? Well I have so many damn pictures, that I'm just going to pick the next one I see. And the next pic is..................... Well that last one was a bit innapropriate, so I had to change it.

MA70 digital dash.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Ziptyed; 07-29-2004, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziptyed
                            truck? Well I have so many damn pictures, that I'm just going to pick the next one I see. And the next pic is..................... Well that last one was a bit innapropriate, so I had to change it.

MA70 digital dash.
                            those came in the some of the jza70's and ga70's there is a guy I know whos trying to convert one so that i can fit on a LHD a70

Comment

I love that digital dash, and the steering wheel. I have heard of the lhd conversion, but I also heard it was really difficult.

Comment

so far it is, but he has gotten farther than everyone was expecting

Comment

Working...
                                X