X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you Nissanguy.

Comment

i dissagree with nissan guy. when i first got into drifting i was only 12 or 13(forget what age). shortly after i joind drifting.com under project kouki. i asked questions that was never asked before. and learned alot. reading as much as i can after coming home from school really helped me out. reading about what could happen to your car and your self really scared the crap out of me. as i got into the drivers seat for the first time. i wasnt scared or nervouse. i knew that what ever happends to me wont be as bad as i could be from drifting. as i got older the fear of consequences from drifting eventually went away. and when i got into a controlled area i wasnt scared to attempt my first drift. instead of fear it was excitement. the reason of it was alot of reading and alot of driving experience. ive been driving since i was 13. and now i am at the age of 16 and just got my liscenes. now i am able to practice my drifting alot more. not till august since my car is down for now and im getting a s14.

p.s. sorry for any typos kinda in a rush.

Comment

I agree with Nissanguy, it had to be said. Drifting.com doesn't have the greatest rep right now and a big part of that problem is threads like these, you know the "I'm 13 I want this" or "How do you do this or that" and it truly gets repetitive and overall brings down the image of Drifting.com to a bunch of bumbling bandwagon jumpers. This site is known by almost every drifter, even if it's not held in the highest regards sometimes, but these threads really have to stop, or drifting.coms future will turn out like the many haters predict.

My two cents, hope it helps.

Comment

Thank You Very Much for posting this, hopefully more and more people will begin doing some independant research instead of pestering others for a question that's been asked too many times. Don't get me wrong, i dont hate them, because I too am young. But even I, someone who rarely posts, is 15 and doesnt have a lisence am getting annoyed. These questions are popping up everywhere, more so than usual. I try to find some interesting threads containing useful information, but instead i find 'Initial D' threads on a supposedly serious drifting forum (BTW I love Initial D, but a cartoon is just a cartoon, no matter how real it may seem). I did my own research, iv'e searched for as much information as I could, and i am learning so much from it. Why can't they do the same? It doesn't take long. In my opinion, finding information for yourself and learning from the sources you found, is much faster and much more satisfying than asking someone else. I don't post any questions, because im busy reading what you people have to offer, heck the only thread i've actually created was the one asking about other Australian members.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you again.
          Last edited by Fuiiru; 07-13-2004, 02:43 AM.

Comment

im 19, drive and "drift" have known about it for a while due to being raised in Japan.

Anyways I hate the "holyer than thou" attutide that some(more like most) members have agaisnt newbies. You guys act like you were never a newb which is bs. I get tired of the post sometimes too, and its does make the site look bad (its already to late when drifting.com is already pretty much considerd newb central) Anyways I feel like it would be better for a newb to learn young then to get flamed. if you are 16 and drive some POS FWD car, that does not make you better then a 14 or 15 year old with no car.

However I do wish people would use stickies and the search button more.

EDIT: Also if you don't like a thread don't click on it or don't respondt and let it die.

Comment

I don't think the problem with newbies is that people think that they are superior to them. I think the problem is that these guys, who have done everything for themselves are getting sick of people, just because they are lazy, posting rediculous questions. Most people here are here to help, but that doesnt mean they have to tolerate someone who posts a question that has been answered many times before.

Comment

hey guys whats a good drift car? oh and while your at it do you think i could convert my prelude to a FR?? haha juss messin with u guys.

im 16 with a drivers license and im gettin my car withen a couple weeks. i was a "lurker" in the past (for about 5-6 months befo my regestration date) and i say its a very good way to start off in the drifting world. i learned from peoples mistakes through lurking. i saw what kind of questions got flamed and learned a buttload of information while doing it. PLUS you learn about the people that take part in these forums. THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT! because if you didnt you might question his/her knowledge and get your AS5 burnt before you even know it.

this was my first post/thread http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...hlight=lurkers (i learned that those cars i picked out in LA where RHD haha )

Comment

im not shure how to respond to this im, under are i guss you could say, and my first posts were lame, but i have learned a lot, and learned alot from posting even though im 15 and only have a permit(i am driving daly now buts nothn), now when i talk to people abou cars they look at me like wtf? because i tell them a lot of stuff i learned on here, so thats what i have to say

Comment

i totally agree with nissanguy, i see so many of these kids saying they wanna do all this and that, and then when it comes down to it they dont know what the hell theyre doing or talking about, drifting has barely become popular this year and i find it that all these 14 year "drifters" were once ricer enthusiasts, all im saying to you guys that are underage is that calm down and dont say anything until the time comes for you to go slideways, not to put you guys down, im 17 right now and i was once like you, but take it from all of us, just calm down, asking all these questions doesnt make any difference unless you have some expierence.
                    and remember this guys, were not trying to bash you, were just trying to keep drifting as good, like it is in japan, we dont want what happened ricers to happen to us!

Comment

Yes.. and you know guys its one thing to see a serious conversation and have a guy mention something that youd ont fully understand. You look around abit but cant really find a good explanation and you post something like "In the last post you mentioned you thought it would be good to switch it over from EFI to carberation.. what advantages would this have?"

But most of the annoying questions are young guys years away from being able to drive, who've never turned a wrench talking about complex driveline conversions, or importing rare JDM vehichles and legalizing them. Or asking about a drift car they want to build with "only" 450 horse power. I guess its kindof outragous you know? these things are very complicated and we all much prefer you just drive then buy a drifting type car and drive some more. And ocasionally it wouldnt be an issue but it seems to happen so much.

New guys will always have strange questions, but the idea is try not to post unless you really have to, or you have specific question on a subject you already know a thing or two about from searching or googling it.

Comment

Totally agree with you nissan... This is the whole reason that this site gets bashed by me and others on driftcentral.com
                        Yeah it really gives this site a bad image. I mean I have been driving since i was 10 I lerned to drive a stick when I was 12 I got my first car when I was 13 (an old Plymoth horizon 5sp) drove that for awhile and not legally then i have driven every car my father has rented since then. I drive his 1983 toyota sunrader (Yes thats the way its spelt it, should be SunRaider) even did a mad burnout with it (duelies are hard to get spining) sold my horizon went on the look out for an RX7 while i saved my money learned that drifting was actaully a sport....

I realized thats what in every video game every car fantasey of mine involved. Hell when my dad let me drive his 1976 Dodge 400c.i V8 cargo van in the ice thats all i wanted to do was get into and open feild and floor it... one time I got into a swaying drift in a feild durning the winter in the snow (GOD WAS THAT FUN) i had to stop after about 4 connections because i was scaring the crap out of my dad.

I bought my S12 a year ago when i was looking for and s13 and somehow found this and i was like Hmmmmmmm.. pretty cheap with a V6. My backroads around here have been fun have done some stupid stuff and have been lucky i haven't been caught by the police yet. But i am finally getting my license this friday and I am 17 years old. Damn I can't belive it all these years of driving with out it. Gonna feel weird not always looking for a cop all the time.

Comment

haha keep looking for the police.. its a skill i built up over, lets say a few years of crossing the most patrolled pass in california? at shall we say... less then legal speeds? lol i can pick out a crown victoria from a mile away... of course im bragging so ill get pulled over now no doubt... by the way S12s are cool, now many rocking them.

And yeah your senario is pretty rare, thats why i dont want to just group all young guys together but you know. Just the rediculous stuff, it needs to be curbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Piner
                            Totally agree with you nissan... This is the whole reason that this site gets bashed by me and others on driftcentral.com
                            Yeah it really gives this site a bad image. I mean I have been driving since i was 10 I lerned to drive a stick when I was 12 I got my first car when I was 13 (an old Plymoth horizon 5sp) drove that for awhile and not legally then i have driven every car my father has rented since then. I drive his 1983 toyota sunrader (Yes thats the way its spelt it, should be SunRaider) even did a mad burnout with it (duelies are hard to get spining) sold my horizon went on the look out for an RX7 while i saved my money learned that drifting was actaully a sport....

I realized thats what in every video game every car fantasey of mine involved. Hell when my dad let me drive his 1976 Dodge 400c.i V8 cargo van in the ice thats all i wanted to do was get into and open feild and floor it... one time I got into a swaying drift in a feild durning the winter in the snow (GOD WAS THAT FUN) i had to stop after about 4 connections because i was scaring the crap out of my dad.

I bought my S12 a year ago when i was looking for and s13 and somehow found this and i was like Hmmmmmmm.. pretty cheap with a V6. My backroads around here have been fun have done some stupid stuff and have been lucky i haven't been caught by the police yet. But i am finally getting my license this friday and I am 17 years old. Damn I can't belive it all these years of driving with out it. Gonna feel weird not always looking for a cop all the time.
                            man, i wish i had driving experience like you. and your parents kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*. yea my friend's mother taught me how to drive still his 87 corolla Hback <== but that's what i'm thankful for

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                              haha keep looking for the police.. its a skill i built up over, lets say a few years of crossing the most patrolled pass in california? at shall we say... less then legal speeds? lol i can pick out a crown victoria from a mile away... of course im bragging so ill get pulled over now no doubt... by the way S12s are cool, now many rocking them.

And yeah your senario is pretty rare, thats why i dont want to just group all young guys together but you know. Just the rediculous stuff, it needs to be curbed.
                              Its a mad skill!!! I'm teaching my brother how to recognize the lights at night. Crown Victoria secruity car drives around neighborhood so he gets tons of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                                Its a mad skill!!! I'm teaching my brother how to recognize the lights at night. Crown Victoria secruity car drives around neighborhood so he gets tons of practice.
                                Oh yeah.. im so glad they run those nice bright rectangular LED marker lights on the inside of the primary lights... not to mention the half spherical taillights.. the only ticky thing is picking them out from the sister cars the mercury version but they have slight differences. And dont rock the LEDs as often. The only tricky thing is watching for the Camaros. I've yet to have one sneak up on me over the grapevine but i've seen then out anumber of times.. those guys are sneaky and they have those ultra thin light bars..

Eh but anyways im going off the topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X