No announcement yet.

13B-T in a MA70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I didnt mean to sound condicending. Im not a pro drifter, obviously, I am also not a rotary pro. Hence me needing a tuner. I am a grass roots rotory fanatic. I have no sponsors except fc3spro.com I can fabricate ok and build a decient rotary. I dont have the porting experience of fc3spro, but I have done mild street ports.
    I think you should learn to appreciate you 7mgte. Thats an awesome machine. I love the 70 supra. You need to find a way to get steering angle and find out if you swap a 80 supra torsen diff into your rear end. I did the FD torsen in my 20b. It works great for less than half the price of a cheap aftermarket, kaaz. Plus you dont need to rebuild it. Use the 70 and the 7m. The front heavy makes the car more stable at high speeds. Your car will not snap around from left to right as quick as my FC, but you will be alot smoother. Watch Uenos soarer. He drive soo smooth, but its not only his style. Its the balance and weight of the car. Use your cars strong point. S serise cars are always going to be better inbetween your car and mine.
    Look at Haruguchis FC from a couple years ago and look at ueno and compare thier styles. It directly results from the natural characterists of their cars.
    Sorry for the long *Censored**Censored**Censored* rant.
    If I hadnt gotten into FCs i would be a toyota fanatic.
    sky

Comment

Dude, why would you ever want to ditch the 7MGTE? You can get a whole motor for less than $500 and the thing makes TONS of power. Torque the head bolts down to the right spec and turn up the boost!

With some weight reduction the thing is practically a OEM drift car - stock LSD on some models, more power than the SR20, and suspension stiff enough to support 3000+lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
        Dude, why would you ever want to ditch the 7MGTE? You can get a whole motor for less than $500 and the thing makes TONS of power. Torque the head bolts down to the right spec and turn up the boost!

With some weight reduction the thing is practically a OEM drift car - stock LSD on some models, more power than the SR20, and suspension stiff enough to support 3000+lbs.
        thats whuy i am sticking with my 7mgte turbo supra as well....

i am going to daily drive it...and drift it at night LOL

the supra has the essence of power, speed, and believe it or not agility! the car has ALOT of potential and when tuned lightly can produce gobs of powre...

with only intake, exhuast, fuel controller, boost controller, and ignithion i can see upwards of 380hp about 320whp. Thats without a turbo upgrade...the stock CT26 will spin effeciently up to 16-18lbs of boost...but nothing more than that..thats good for 400+hP

now...the rotary idea is a GREAT idea! I was thinking about an RB26...hmmmm

i think the ma70 supra is the next car that people start recognizing.....watch out Fd/c's and 240s...the supra's are coming for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman
          If you need to ask such generic questions about a swap like that you have no buisiness attempting it.
          if the world was full of people like you...we would still be in the stone age.

Comment

Ha Ha burn

Comment

Originally posted by Ziptyed
              Ha Ha burn
              ma70 power UNITE

Comment

I WANT A 4 ROTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/erika/scoot.wmv

holy shiizzzzzz

NON turbo...and it sounds like THAT!!!!!!!!! WHOAT NELLY!

Comment

The MK3 Supra's are a very under appreciated car. They will start popping up on radar soon. I love em. Drove one the very first year they came out. My girlfriends father had one. Little heavy, but you can put em on a diet relatively easily. They are a car from the age of gross overuse of electronics. They also fell in with the cheap Japanese sports cars that outgrew their own niche. The RX7, Supra and hte Z car. They were designed to be the poor mans sports cars. Then they just got progressively more expensive until they quit bringing them over. Shame too.

Slidingsky, thanks for your post. You didn't really agree with the swap but gave him ALOT of useful info. That's how this site keeps getting bigger and bigger. Rock on man.

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about. Rotary power!

Comment

Originally posted by Ziptyed
                      Now that's what I'm talking about. Rotary power!
                      you know...

lets keep the info coming!!!

keep it up guys!

Comment

you guys need to let me know how your supra really slides. Id love to see these real 80s sports cars pop up. Im sick of hachis and 240s. Im just bored of the same stuff. good luck guys!

Comment

The MKIII Supras are great cars, and there are lots you can do with the 7MGTE motor, but they are also known for blowing headgaskets. If I had an MKIII, I would drop a 1JZGTE 2.5 twin turbo motor in there with up graded exhaust, and downpipe, and call it a day. Just my $0.02.

Comment

Guys, the only thing wrong with the headgasket is the way the factory torqued it down. Retorque and you have no problems, as mranlet said.

But yeah, the 7M is a great motor. Can really make a beating, and makes a shitload of power. If the MA70 was about 700lbs lighter, I'd almost say it was the perfect beginner drift car. Factory LSD, good power, f/r, etc...

But yeah, I wouldn't put a 13b in a Supra either. Nor would I swap out the motor I have in my car right now. It's a great motor, makes decent power almost all the way through the revs.

A 1JZ isn't a bad idea if you're just looking for power, but there's much more you can spend your money on for a drift car.

Comment

well i have good news from the machine shop!

my 7mhte motro that blew the FACTORY headgasket after 150,000 miles is in REALLY good shape Kent ( the owner) said.
                              the have cleaned the block and head, machined the head and deck, and polished the crank.

oh and the pistons are in PERFECT condition! rods are too!

so my motor should be done tommorow, or later today!

then my motors being built proffesionally by a supra specialsist to boot!

my car is ALMOST done....

the hard parts are over...now its just reassymbley....

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman
                                If you need to ask such generic questions about a swap like that you have no buisiness attempting it.
                                (applaud)

of all the forums i view there are honestly like 10 threads a day like "will a viper engine drop into a neon with a wiring harness"
                                or "where can i get a 2jz for my 89 honda civic"

seriously do some research, there are actually websites about the mkiii supra out there. and if you will not rest until you find an engine made by another oem, look into the chevy small block. probably the cheapest engine for HP per $.

Comment

Working...
                                X