Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that fd sounds like a weed wacker at high revs lol

Comment

i say go for the swap man, i love my fc, and speaking of ppl downgrading their engines isnt necessarily bad for drifting. look at chris forsberg's 350z??? he chose a sr20det over the a V6. its not all about power in drifting how many times must this be reminded!?

Comment

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
        i say go for the swap man, i love my fc, and speaking of ppl downgrading their engines isnt necessarily bad for drifting. look at chris forsberg's 350z??? he chose a sr20det over the a V6. its not all about power in drifting how many times must this be reminded!?
        Umm. Because an SR can make at least as much power as a non turbo VQ35 and it's easier to service than a twin turbo VQ. it's also backed up by 10 years of collective tuning experience. An S15 SR20DET makes 250hp stock, so think about that one.

---

I wouldn't recommend a 13BT if you want to put a lighter weight engine into a Supra. I would, however, like to suggest using a four-cylinder, or a V6 motor so it sets the weight back farther in the car. JGTC Supras run a 3S-GTE because it's lighter, sits far back and makes enough power for whatever class it's racing in.

So, as someone suggested earlier...
        1JZ, 3S-GTE, 1MZ..maybe even a 1UZ. If you're feeling saucy, you could consider cross-brand shopping with engines such as the SR20DET or if you're feeling really saucy, a VG30DETT. Now, if you're on a budget and really need that torque, there's always the option of putting a chevy small block in. Everyone knows that fixes every problem in the world.

Or keep the 7m.

Comment

with a 13bt you working with less parts compared to a piston engine. dont get me wrong, but the 13bt is a GREAT engine. just i never seen one in a heavier car first hand. who knows.... i dont know about it being in heavier cars, do you?

Comment

Working...
          X