No announcement yet.

How many Drift FC's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure they are not called FB's. Its a popular misconception. the shorthand names are derived from the chassis code right? FC3S, etc....Well first gen RX-7's are SA-22. So its actually an SA.

FC's are fun cars!! I used to have one! rotaries are just gas guzzlers though, couldn't get over that.

Comment

not only am i the only one that drifts in my town i'm the only rx-7 in town.

Comment

Hey feint motion, im pretty sure that there are FB's. I think they came out after the SA22's and before the FC's. If I remember correctly they were like FC's with a messed up rear end that sucked or something like that.

Comment

1991 FC3S Turbo ll. black as the night. but lots of fun to drift in

Comment

I love Fc's, i want to get 1 but i heard they are unreliable and i want a daily driver that i can just take drifting so im gettin a 240 instead. Bummer.

Comment

drifting my second FC...red with black frontlip and getting my custom yellow and black CF hood..

Comment

Im a FC drifter, me and piston2rotary try using some techniques, ill tell ya this much, its pretty hard to drift with FCs despite its designed more for the grip side and you need to do some tuning with the suspension but its achievable but a lot more challenging and its fun that way. i wanna meet more FC drifters and build a team of 5 FC drifters so we can put on shows and stuff. itll be cool

Comment

So uhh I want a FC now. anyone hear of a drifting rx8? I liek the 7 more but i fit in the 8 better

Comment

i'm trying to get another rx7 as a drift car. i'm debating between FC and SA-22/FB (either a 12A GSL or a 13B GSL SE). i've driven a few and owned 1. i really like the way they rev and drive. very smooth. how do you guys like your FCs? my buddy mr jun has one that i helped install a tranny in and i got to drive that one as well. fun car but it had no lsd so it wasn't sideways friendly....

Comment

I drift my 83 LE RX-7

and the names are as follows

79-80 SA22
                      81-85 FB
                      86-92 FC
                      93-02 FD

Comment

I have 4 friends that drift their FC (3 T2 one N/A) and 3 that Drift their FD including myself.

Comment

Haven't started drifting yet, but I'll get to it sooner or later. There are a lot of things on the car that I need to take care of before I start drifting.

Comment

Hey I just bought an FC that I am building into a drift car. It will be running at the drivers search and Formula D. I think it is a good platform to start with. A: its cheaper than a 240SX B: not everyone has one. C. It is easy to get horsepower. Now the downside is there is not as many parts for the FC but you can find them, and Rotarys scare people. What I have found is you have to run the FC real stiff. I think I will start with 11K front and 10K rear springs. I am having Tein HE kit revalved to take that spring rate. I am also installing a 6 point cage and strut bars front and rear. If you go that stiff on your springs you should definatley stiffen your chassis or it becomes the compliance in the suspension. I think after all is said and done, the price of my car will be around $7000 total costs; not bad for a competitive drift car.
                            Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

nice project ryan... i can help you if you wanna, im building my second fc... so its kinda familiar stuff...i will finish mine with 6 grands...

Comment

Where are you out of?

That is pretty sweet six grand?

I have some mods to my car already here is a list of what the car came with for $4050

Street Ported '89 Turbo Engine
                                T04S Garret Turbo(from XS Engineering)
                                Greddy Front Mount Intercooler
                                Greddy Rebic IV Fuel Computer
                                Greddy Turbo Timer
                                2 Additiona 550cc Injectors
                                HKS External Wastegate
                                HKS Sesquential Blow-Off Valve
                                Jacob's Ignition Computer
                                Racing Beat Turbo-Back Exhaust
                                Racing Beat Light-Steel Flywheel
                                Racing Beat Sway Bars
                                Racing Beat Strut Tower Bar
                                Rotary Performance Fuel Pump
                                SSR GP-O Wheels 17x8 Front, 17x9.5 Rear
                                Apexi AFC
                                Apexi Boost Gauge
                                Apexi Exhaust Gas Temp. Gauge

See you can get a moded car for cheap $4050 out the door....
                                Hey keep that quiet everyone will want to build FC cause they're cheap..Don't let the cat out of the bag ooops too late..
                                Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Working...
                                X