Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail Of The Dragon

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps/postermap2003.gif

jaydm180sx and I went on a road trip to Tennessee today to ride the Tail Of The Dragon for the first time. On the way up we encountered Blood Mountain in north GA. We thought Blood Mtn. was the best road ever until two states, two hours later.

When we arrived at the Cheoah Dam (Dam from the fugitive with Harrison Ford) in NC we were unimpressed because of what we incountered on GA's Blood Mtn. and the conditions of the road. Three miles onto the Tail Of The Dragon, the moment you crossover to Tennessee, things immediately changed for the better. The road smoothes out with clean even pavement and for the Next 11 miles we incountered 318 curves that compare only to what one would encounter while playing Kaido Battle for PS2.

Needless to say we will become regulars and sacrafice the 3 hour trip up at least once a month.
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-01-2004, 05:17 PM.

Yeah that was a great experience. Definately going to be spending alot of time up there. I would suggest anyone in the area to go and drive the mountain.
    Last edited by jaydm180sx; 08-01-2004, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Heh, what you fools doing in my territory and not letting anyone know you going there? Next time you all head up there, let a mofo know. I live 20 mins from there. Thats my stomping ground. Best time to go is during the week. It's dead and awesome. Oh and in case you didn't know, if you run across a red FD up there, do not, I repeat do NOT try and keep up with him. He holds the record. 10 mins 18 secs in that car and 9 mins 48 secs on his bike. He holds both records.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
        Oh and in case you didn't know, if you run across a red FD up there, do not, I repeat do NOT try and keep up with him. He holds the record. 10 mins 18 secs in that car and 9 mins 48 secs on his bike. He holds both records.
        OMG, which way?

Comment

Not sure but probably away from Knoxville. He lives right at the beginning by the liquer store.

BTW who moved this to off topic, please move it back at once.

Comment

That road sounds very awesome.. man if im ever on the east coast... Do they rent out built S13s anywere near there?

Comment

yes, please move it back.

Comment

Hop in aim Nissandude

Comment

I chose to take my girlfriends 03 corolla for the trip b/c the sil-40 needs new breaks, the tires sucked, and most importantly gas milage.

Last night at the last moment I bought some wheels and tires but needed turner lugs for the rims so I didn't take it. I have some Tein He's coming and will be upgrading brakes.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have everything in order and will be coming up again. I'll make sure I warn you ahead of time next time Ghost.

Comment

Do that, my car still down but i'll meet you up there for sure.

Comment

Has anyone ever drifted the route?

Comment

there, we are talking about drifting. Move it Back to General Chat.

Comment

I moved it back to general. Probably a misunderstanding.

Comment

Yeah, we were wondering if anyone drifts the mountain. The corners look like they can be drifted, but I won't be trying for a while.

Ghost, whats your best time on the mountain?

Our best time was like 20 mins. cars wouldnt get over so we literally stopped in the road for 20 sec at a time and tried to catch up.

Comment

Never timed myself but it aint no where close to 10 mins

Thats why you go in the week, no one up there. I saw 3 cars last time I was there and they all got over asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X